Cave Creek Go Pro...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cave Creek Go Pro...

Cross post... shot a video on my ride yesterday mornin'. This trail is about 5 miles from my house and I love it...

http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/my-fi...on-739924.html

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Cool!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    For those who don't wanna click the link to the cross post...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I was about to say on my version of that climb has at least two stops. But then I saw a little piece edited out......cheater.... Thanks for the stoke.....

And why is it now when I hear a biker talking to "the camera" I think they all sound like BigOmike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Actually didn't stop at all... took me about a month of riding it 3-4 times a week before I could clear it every time.

I would post up the raw footage to prove it, but no one wants to hear me wheeze for 10 minutes straight. lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    where/what is that trail? I have never ridden anything out in the Cave Creek area, am I missing out?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This trail is in the Cave Creek Recreation Area off of Carefree highway.

Yes, you are missing much. Come out to the Wednesday night group ride if you wanna see a lot of it. Between this and Spur Cross (And the Maricopa Trail) we have a ton of great trails.

mtbr member
    Very cool video Ryan! Kudos to you for videoing the climb, and this trail has a lot of climbing!...I have a video of this trail myself and I usually don't show the ups unless it's tech y! Nice mix of music! I would rate this video, "most awe-some"!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks!

The only thing I am disappointed about (and I shouldn't be) is how fast the wide angle makes it look like you're going. Had two people ask if I sped up the footage so far. For the record, I didn't speed it up any, and I am one of the slowest riders in this area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Here's today's video. Same route but filmed totally different parts...

God I love these trails.

Pretty sure I am just going to keep adding my stuff to this thread to not take up too much in the AZ Forum...
    Last edited by pointerDixie214; 09-28-2011 at 11:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you live in my neck of the cacti. You're obviously new to the area as well. Let me know if you want me to show you the riding up north. Got a lot of nice riding up here.

Going for a night ride tonight at the McDowell Mountain Regional Park......
    When all else fails - Haul Ass

It's a slugfest!
    Ryan, nice job on the videos. I like the camera angle a little better in the 2nd video (using the chesty mount, the 1st video was pointed down a little too much 6:15'ish) Watching someones knees can be a little annoying after a while. I take my camelback strap and place it "under" the Gopro in the chesty mount to help get the camera pointed up a little higher. This allows a better view of the trail in front, riders, horizon, etc.

We all make the mistake of leaving the hose from the camelback dangling at least once during the video. I've made that mistake a hundred times. It's another thing on the checklist to consider each time you set off to film a section of trail.

MJRDR invited a couple of us out a while back to ride a few sections of your trail in Cave Creek. Here's my footage from that ride. You have a very nice trail system out there. Hope to see more videos from you in the future.

Regards,

-SS

"I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    SS- Thanks for the tip on the Camelback mouthpiece to angle the camera up! Looks like you rode the other side of Go John too. I haven't mustered up the guts to ride that waterfall yet... but I am on a 26" hardtail with 100mm of travel... I would have done it on my old 5" FS bike. Sweet video though!

ChiefWFB- any tips for a nice route at McDowell to take my wife on? As for showing me around up North... where about do you live? I have been in Cave Creek for about 4 months now and I know the trails here pretty well, but that's the extent of my trail knowledge so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    SS- Thanks for the tip on the Camelback mouthpiece to angle the camera up!
    I think he was referring to the Camelback strap that goes across your chest to angle the camera up. I tuck the mouthpiece away behind the chest strap then prop up the angle with the same strap.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ah, I see... will try it that way then... there is a lot of trial and error in this for sure. lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Ah, I see... will try it that way then... there is a lot of trial and error in this for sure. lol
    There sure is. The angle from the chest mount on the second video was already way better than the first one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks... I think I about got this chesty mount down... the helmet mount on the other hand is now presenting issues. lol

Meatbomb
    where is the trail head for this system?

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    where is the trail head for this system?

Carefree Hwy/ 32nd Street. Go north on 32nd...you will find the pay booth/ trailhead parking lot/ bathrooms, etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    Carefree Hwy/ 32nd Street. Go north on 32nd...you will find the pay booth/ trailhead parking lot/ bathrooms, etc.
    Or you can go on the trail at Surrey Road... I usually go that way...