Casual Pace Ride Group- Mtbr.com
    Beyond the stars

Casual Pace Ride Group

Greetings AZ Mt. Bikers:

I enjoy riding the trails here in Arizona and am always on the lookout for other folks to ride with.

Some of the riders and groups I have ridden with have been more interested in "training for the upcoming 24 hour race or just want to beat their personal best."

I am more interested in just getting out in the fresh air and "having a good ride." I don't mind stoping to take pictures, trying to "clear" or "clean" a tough section, or just riding that section again 'cause it's fun.

My technical skills are not the best, I'd rather walk a section than fall (I'm getting too old to miss work for a skinned knee) and therefore I find trails that are "ride-able" much more fun. Don't get me wrong, if a great trail has one or two sections I can't make it's ok if the rest of the trail makes it all worth it.

Anyway, my point is . . . are there any other riders out there who would like to ride at a more casual pace . . . Say Sat. March 6 at McDowell Mt. Park, 11am at Pemberton trail head, ride up Bluff to Granite (sp?) to Pemberton and down the rest of Pemberton to the Scenic trail, up to the top of Scenic and back to the parking lot?

My wife and I like this ride for the mix of terrian and views and figure on spending most of the day without any worries about getting finished by a particular time, (other than before it's gets dark) and maybe a nice group BBQ afterwards???

Sort of a Pre- Pre- Pre- Spring Fling kinda thing??

Any comments or feedback would be helpful?

Thanks for your input.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    how about this saturday? i got the day free. we might want to start a bit earlier to beat the heat. tv forecast calls for 90's, if you can believe them that far in advance. heck, they were wrong last week the day before the rains.

any other takers?

Rita

Beyond the stars

Looks like this weeks "Casual" ride will be a multi-purpose event

Casual pace ride group Sat. March 20 McDowell Mt. park . . . start at parking lot trailhead at 10:00am up Tonto Tank to Pemberton trail to Bluf and Granite and back a big loop on the "spur" trails of the Pemberton trail approx. distance 9 miles. (time could be earlier depending on the weather, heat index and all)

Hope to see others join.

After ride check the goings on at the Nova Desert Classic race at the competetive loops. Dirt Jumping exhibit, XC Racing, Vendors, etc.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Are you all up in the PHX area?