Casa Grande Mountain Trailbuilding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Casa Grande Mountain Trailbuilding

After years of trying the City of Casa Grande Parks Dept. has gotten the okay to begin turning CG Mountain into a real mountain park. Mark Flint of Southwest Trail Solutions has flagged new trails and has plans to incorporate most of the existing trail into the system. The park will be fenced to keep dumping,shooting, and motorized mayhem out. Real Trailheads will be built and trails marked. City employees Mary Johnson and Ron Woods have spent countless hours on the project and we have them among others to thank.
    The first training session for Crew Leaders will be Wed. March 3. This is short notice but we wanted to begin as soon as possible. The following Wed. 3/10 there will be a tech training session. Both sessions will be given by Mark at the city Recreation Center on Florence Blvd. If anyone would like to go to these please call or email Matt at the Round Trip Bike Shop. You're not obligated to be a Crew Leader or even work on the trail if you go but the more MT Bikers there the better.
    The first Trail Work day will be in April. As for the dates of the trailheads being built and signage installed, we don't yet know. I will pass along the info as it becomes available.
    I'd like to thank all of you that have come to Casa Grande for a ride and thanks for the postings. The City keeps track and the positive posts have really helped the cause.
    For more info go to the Round Trip site and click on the Facebook page.
    Hope to see you here. Thanks for reading.
    WOW this is my longest post in 7 years.

Charlie

Round Trip Bike Shop 520-836-0799
    http://roundtripbikeshop.com/

mtbr member
    Great news CGCharlie. I like what has happened there and the trails are great fun. Congrats on getting the attention of the city to recognize and develop the park. Great work!

I am Doctor Remulak
    Cool, Mark is a great trail guy to have on your team.

Ridin' Dirty
    Nice, great news Charlie!!
    Hopefully my schedule starts freeing up and I can head out there more often.

-Bobby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Really enjoyed the trails here. The folks here are constructing some new sections which will be great. I posted a few video clips on "youtube",just search under: arnie42

Members who have read this thread: 0