carbon clearcoat rubbed off- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

carbon clearcoat rubbed off

is this deep enough to worry about? the first pic is of how im storing it with saran wrap, the others are the rubbed spot. i couldnt see any broken strands, and a search didnt turn up much

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SRacer
    Based on that picture, I would recommend you upgrade to a Rocky Mountain

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    haha shes too new for a frame upgrade, next bike prolly wont be carbon

Kathleen in AZ
    Are you sure the carbon fiber you see is the real frame and not a sticker? they do that sometimes... hard to see anything in your pics. Do you have a macro mode on your camera? Most do - look for a flower symbol.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Isn't Fetish based in Scottsdale? I would take it over to them and see what they think. They might have a solution. Maybe you could touch it up or something?
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

Dave

Someone call for a FA technician

Let's do a x-section on it and see how far it goes into the tube. That should tell us if it was something to worry about. I would take it back to Scottsdale and have them look at it before I did any destructive failure analysis on it.
    My old Ti frame used to scare me when I got some gouges in it, but it never failed me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ill put the pics up as soon as i get home. my team is sponsered by fetish so ill send the pictures to my team leader too. ill also get a picture of the depth of the scratch

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Let's do a x-section on it and see how far it goes into the tube. That should tell us if it was something to worry about. I would take it back to Scottsdale and have them look at it before I did any destructive failure analysis on it.
    My old Ti frame used to scare me when I got some gouges in it, but it never failed me.
    An FA technician can do the work but everyone knows it will take an FA engineer with a PhD to interpret the results

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by SRacer
    haha shes too new for a frame upgrade, next bike prolly wont be carbon
    Is it just me or do all fetish carbon frames go bad fairly quickly? During the PEE, Chris C. broke his fetish seat tube (I think he mentioned he had just got a new frame, less than 2-3 rides on it). I should also add that I am not sponsored and have to pay for my bikes, ssoooooo, I guess I would ride on carbon if it was free.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Chris C. from Primus? i wish it was free, we just get a good discount no free bikes until jr expert. yeah theres a few problems with it, but overall its a great bike, i think the rubbing was from storage or transport, i hope you can see more with this picture, i couldnt get the depth picture as it was dark when i got home, ill get it tomorrow

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Anyone?

A plethora of pinatas
    It looks like it is just the clearcoat/sticker. But, I would take it into Fetish and have them evaluate it to be sure.
    Marty