Cactus Bike Group Ride POSTPONED- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cactus Bike Group Ride POSTPONED

There will be no group ride this Saturday because I will be out of town. There will be a ride tho next Saturday. PM me for details.
    PS - Sixty, Kavu...Kavu especially...you guys are lame.
    Last edited by Average Joe; 04-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    There will be no group ride this Saturday because I will be out of town. But, next Saturday I have something really cool planned. Fishbowl Free For All....This is a ride I have wanted to do for a while so it will come to fruition on the 10th. I will release more info in the days to come about details but the basic idea is...get to Fish's pumptrack from the TV towers parking lot using any trails you want. Think about it...mwuahaha. Thinkin about a 4:20pm lemond start at the top, pumptrack and beers down at the bottom, and there will be schwag involved...gonna be a good one I will keep people posted.

Hey, why not post up more undercover activities on a public forum. Boner.

And F a 4:20 start, more like 7pm.

If its in the day light, I am out. I don't want to deal with hikers, of which all the homers come out about that time to watch the sun set...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Hey, why not post up more undercover activities on a public forum. Boner.

And F a 4:20 start, more like 7pm.

If its in the day light, I am out. I don't want to deal with hikers, of which all the homers come out about that time to watch the sun set...
    Agreed.

sixsixtysix
    Pretty sure we need to go over the rules again...

Mike-e
    Way to go Joey... Now Skinny Tire and YetiSurly are going to want in on this event.

mtbr member
    haha I dunno why you think this is some super secret thing. It is simply a ride from the top of the mountain to Fish's house. Yetisurly is welcome to join us if he would like. I dunno what rules you are talking about, I created this ride and the whole point is that there are no rules. Its not a race, not an event, just a ride. The race only consists of being the first to get 10 laps on the pumptrack, the key is you have to GET to the pumptrack. And it can't happen at 7pm because I am not gonna run that thing in the dark, too many problems/liabilities and so on. There will be hikers no matter when we do this during the day, just be smart about it and realize that National will be hindered by hikers...all part of the game. If it can be on facebook, it can be on MTBR....

sixsixtysix
    haha I dunno why you think this is some super secret thing. It is simply a ride from the top of the mountain to Fish's house. Yetisurly is welcome to join us if he would like. I dunno what rules you are talking about, I created this ride and the whole point is that there are no rules. Its not a race, not an event, just a ride. The race only consists of being the first to get 10 laps on the pumptrack, the key is you have to GET to the pumptrack. If it can be on facebook, it can be on MTBR....

Nah, the whole daylight thing sucks. I'm out. I'll just wait at the PT to throw beer bottles at people as they come through the gate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-e
    Way to go Joey... Now Skinny Tire and YetiSurly are going to want in on this event.
    Hell ya!!!!! Should I bring the Mountain Dew, or will that be provided? I assume SS and rigid fork friendly?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Hell ya!!!!! Should I bring the Mountain Dew, or will that be provided? I assume SS and rigid fork friendly?

From the sounds of it, Joey will be providing snacks and refreshments and since this is a group ride, a rigid SS should be fine since I am sure he won't want to leave anyone in the group behind and will wait for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    From the sounds of it, Joey will be providing snacks and refreshments and since this is a group ride, a rigid SS should be fine since I am sure he won't want to leave anyone in the group behind and will wait for you.
    Okay. Look for me then. I'll be rawking the Bell Weather lycra shorts, and the Grateful Dead/Dylan concert T. I assume somebody will have a first aide kit, or should I bring mine? It's a heavy duty one I strap to the back of my seat.

Man, I'm totally looking forward to this. Thanks for the open invite.

Mike-e
    Okay. Look for me then. I'll be rawking the Bell Weather lycra shorts, and the Grateful Dead/Dylan concert T. I assume somebody will have a first aide kit, or should I bring mine? It's a heavy duty one I strap to the back of my seat.

Man, I'm totally looking forward to this. Thanks for the open invite.
    Thank Joe Ghey... I'm sure he'll be stoked to see you there as well.

mtbr member
    haha I dunno why you think this is some super secret thing. It is simply a ride from the top of the mountain to Fish's house. Yetisurly is welcome to join us if he would like. I dunno what rules you are talking about, I created this ride and the whole point is that there are no rules. Its not a race, not an event, just a ride. The race only consists of being the first to get 10 laps on the pumptrack, the key is you have to GET to the pumptrack. And it can't happen at 7pm because I am not gonna run that thing in the dark, too many problems/liabilities and so on. There will be hikers no matter when we do this during the day, just be smart about it and realize that National will be hindered by hikers...all part of the game. If it can be on facebook, it can be on MTBR....
    Sorry dude, I'm out, kinda killed the point of it IMO.

mtbr member
    Thank Joe Ghey... I'm sure he'll be stoked to see you there as well.
    What, you're not going? I was so looking forward to meeting you finally.

Mike-e
    What, you're not going? I was so looking forward to meeting you finally.
    Don't worry, the day will come when we get to ride together. The wait will only make it better. Keep your spirits up.

mtbr member
    Don't worry, the day will come when we get to ride together. The wait will only make it better. Keep your spirits up.
    In all seriousness, I truly hope so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Sorry dude, I'm out, kinda killed the point of it IMO.
    What was "the point"?

Members who have read this thread: 0