Brrr ...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Brrr ...

Death? Taxes? So ride!

Brrr ...

Cold out on Desert Classic tonight, and it rained a tad too. Nice night for it though.

I took a bit of a spill. I must stop thinking about having NOT taken a spill for some time as I did yesterday when I rode, it's a sure fire way of biffing. Going west, just after where DC splits left and Secret right, a pretty simple piece of trail for those that know it and one I've ridden 100's of times. I caught a pedal on a pretty stupid rock (are they all?) and took a soil sample with my head so quick i didn't even get an 'aw [email protected]&*' moment.

Broke another Giro E2. That's two E2's and three Bell Ghisalos I've mashed, funnily all the later were coming down National but the E2's were both on Desert Classic. Anyone else keeping a total?

-Steve

PS: Aside from a few bumps and bruises, I'm fine if you were worrying ...

im4Gsus
    wow, you must've hit pretty hard to crack all those helmets.

i don't ride that fast but one time i crashed on DC coming east from the benches (area 52). i was pedaling hard, hit one of those stupid rocks with my pedal and a-flying i went. fell on the left side then bounced and landed on my right. when i came to i had a big dent on the left side of my favourite giro. the rest, including the bike, was ok. ah...memories
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    I'm not a waif, so any head first crash wrecks them which has been what did it. I should write Giro and show them their products work ... ... Last night I was hauling ass as the trail heads downwards and is a little swoopy and inviting.

-Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0