black friday c-ride. let's work out those turkey calories- Mtbr.com
    im4Gsus

black friday c-ride. let's work out those turkey calories

hi all

i'd like to invite c-riders to ride friday morning at mmp (mcdowell mtn park). the plan is to park by the long loop entrance, ride the sports loop and cross over to the tech loop back to the parking lot. then come down and do the long loop. total miles should be ~12. the pace will be casual with occasional stops (it's for c-riders not in a hurry )

so, who'd like to join me?? meet there ~8:15, RTR @ 8:30am.

kaboose

everyone must breathe

Bonking ... not feelin' well

i'd love to kaboose, but i have to *gulp* GOLF with my in-laws.

what a way to waste-i mean spend- my day off.

have fun!!

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    hi all

i'd like to invite c-riders to ride friday morning at mmp (mcdowell mtn park). the plan is to park by the long loop entrance, ride the sports loop and cross over to the tech loop back to the parking lot. then come down and do the long loop. total miles should be ~12. the pace will be casual with occasional stops (it's for c-riders not in a hurry )

so, who'd like to join me?? meet there ~8:15, RTR @ 8:30am.

kaboose

I'm in. I'll see you on Friday! Maybe we can cram in a ride round the tech loop at the end...

Kathleen in AZ
    I'll be flying with the pigs on Friday, but I have another question for you....

Did you get a new tat? Your new avitar is pretty cool!!

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    I'll be flying with the pigs on Friday...
    good luck to you K, be careful out there! glad to see you're feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Did you get a new tat? Your new avitar is pretty cool!!
    yup i did! the avatar is part of a tattoo i have on my wrist. got it done by kevin bacon's brother in chandler.

and speaking of tats, i found this one on the web and thought of you. what you think?
    Last edited by kaboose; 12-08-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Kathleen in AZ
    the avatar is part of a tattoo i have on my wrist. got it done by kevin bacon's brother in chandler.

and speaking of tats, i found this one on the web and thought of you. what you think?
    A little too realistic for my taste but still very cool... I've actually got that gal up on my wall as a framed poster. And of course I have my avitar photo on my wall too. Now about ink on my body... I'm getting the itch again. It's been some 15 years since I last had anything done. Kevin Bacon's brother? You recommend his work? Perhaps I need to pay him a visit .

pedaller

Michael Bacon???

got it done by kevin bacon's brother in chandler.
    I thought Kevin only had one bro - Michael - who played in his band- the Bacon Brothers???

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0045807/

Maybe he's multi-talented...

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

im4Gsus
    michael bacon - that be him!

and yes, i'd recommend him. the name of his shop is "tattoo u by bacon".

durtgurl: 15 yrs???? go on n git, girl - it's time for a new tat!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can't make this one, previous plans. Another time?

Rita

Tdub

C-Riders?

hi all

i'd like to invite c-riders to ride friday morning at mmp (mcdowell mtn park). (it's for c-riders not in a hurry )

kaboose
    Origin of "C-rider"? I can guess what it means, but I'd like the full definition as I see it a bit on the posts. C=casual, C=not A or B, C=???

Have a great Turkey day and post Turkey ride!
    "What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"-Vincent Van Gogh

I have my own terminator

I will be there

Im gonna make it out it looks like. where do I park at? just go in the track parking lot? ive ridden pemberton but not the loops. also, what is the quickest way to get there coming from the west, way out west, valley.
    thanks, see ya friday

tim
    Life may suck, but the alternative is unacceptable.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Salty Dog

We the people ... MMP directions, et al.

Sparky,

Parking for the comp track is just after you enter MMP on the left. Literally 1/4 mile past the host building where they collect your five bucks for the day.

From west valley I would take the 10 (if south) over to the 101 (east) and then north to Shea. For a north approach I would take the 101 around and loop south to Shea. Shea is the best approach as opposed to Dynamite and Rio Verde as that option takes you far north and east and traffic can be slow.

Just take Shea east to the top of the hill entering Fountain Hills, then turn left at the light onto Palisades and follow it around to Fountain Hills Blvd. and left to go north out of town and directly to MMP.

Hope this helps. Don't forget the $5 charge if you don't have an annual pass.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by sparky 821
    Im gonna make it out it looks like. where do I park at? just go in the track parking lot? ive ridden pemberton but not the loops. also, what is the quickest way to get there coming from the west, way out west, valley.
    thanks, see ya friday

tim
    Ventana El Rey - sweet 9er magic! OR sweet Serendipity Superfly 100

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky 821
    Im gonna make it out it looks like. where do I park at?
    tim

hi tim

i hope salty dog's good directions help you get there. now as to where to park, once you pay at the park's entrance, take the first left into the big dirt parking lot for the comp loops. make a left and park at the bottom (east) end of the lot and look for my reddish element.

looking fwd to a gr8 ride!

kaboose

mtbr member
    michael bacon - that be him!

and yes, i'd recommend him. the name of his shop is "tattoo u by bacon".

durtgurl: 15 yrs???? go on n git, girl - it's time for a new tat!!
    ...so is this flight gonna be called the "Flight of the Bacon"?

Boo Hissssss, I gotta go to work tomorrah. I wanna go so bad too. I just got my ride back after a three week overhaul on my front shock.

Have fun y'all!

Members who have read this thread: 0