Black Canyon Trail • Trail Work Day- Mtbr.com
    wrecking crew

Black Canyon Trail • Trail Work Day 12/09

Hi all,

The Black Canyon Trail Coalition is having a Trail Work Event this Saturday Dec. 9th at 8:00am if anyone is interested in contributing a little sweat & hard work for a few hours. Directions are listed on their website...click link below.

http://bctaz.com/gpage4.html

Jeff (monkeybutt) and I are planning on being there. We've hit this trail system a few times now and it is really a great project the coalition has going. The singletrack is just awesome.
    ~~~

I am Walt
    I can't make it due to kid's lacrosse and a picnic...sorry, because I loved that trail system.

Do you think they'll be working that "new" section that branched north, where Jeff explored a bit?
    Ride more; post less...

wrecking crew
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz
    I can't make it due to kid's lacrosse and a picnic...sorry, because I loved that trail system.

Do you think they'll be working that "new" section that branched north, where Jeff explored a bit?
    Walt, they are working down from Black Canyon City to meet up with that trail I believe.
    ~~~

Saucy Size
    There's actually some very sweet singletrack outside Black Canyon City that's already in place and waiting to get hooked into the rest of the network. Nine mile loop up there IIRC.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    There's actually some very sweet singletrack outside Black Canyon City that's already in place and waiting to get hooked into the rest of the network. Nine mile loop up there IIRC.

p.
    Is there access to the 9 mile loop? North or South of Black Canyon City?

mtbr member
    Hmmmmm. I might try and get out there and help. Might even talk the crew into it to. Doing a night ride with the the brits (tory) friday night in prescitt (granite basin area) so if I drag myself out of bed I'll be there. I assume they provide all the tools?
    SHITBIRD

mtbr member
    Tools to be used: Pulaski, McCloud, shovel, pick mattock, limb lopper and pruning saw. Tools will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own if they are marked for easy identification.

Looks like they provide tools.

I want to find out if the nine mile loop is up by Black Canyon City. Then it will be a work/ride day Always want to check out new trail.

wrecking crew
    WooHoo! I get work with hot men with tools! Should be a good Saturday!

helimech, they provide the tools...just show up.
    ~~~

wrecking crew

Report of our Black Canyon Trail Workday Event

Trail work day on the Black Canyon Trail was awesome. We did 1056 feet of new trail over very difficult terrain that overlooks a bend in the Agua Fria River...which was flowing and beautiful as it ran through a canyon. The trail sits along this ridge overlooking the whole area.

This section of trail is going to be sweet! This will eventually connect up with the Little Pan Loop we rode earlier. We started from the Black Canyon Trailhead and hiked in and wow...spectacular views and trails. After our hard day of work we hit Rock Springs where they spread out a map of all the GPS'ed 'trails' to be put in. We are talking something like 80 miles of trail that is proposed for this system...as the crow flies so much more than that with all the various switchbacks etc. The Coalition plans to have 1 trail work day a month. January 6th is the next trail work day.

Anyone looking to be a part of a fantastic trail system and have a say in building it, please come help. They need all the help they can yet! They supply tools, water & lunch. Ponies pack most of the tools. With friends about, it is a really good time believe it or not. We had 6 or 7 of us Mtn bikers up there and they really appreciated the help. If more of us show up, the more we can get done.
    ~~~

Over the Hill
    Believe it or not I like trail work. I spend 3/4 of my time in So-Cal and the rest in Prescott. I will keep a eye on trail work days and join you all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Trail work day on the Black Canyon Trail was awesome.
    sounds like I missed a great day. I had planned on joining you, but I got ill again.
    b

CrazyEye
    Hey Su was their any kids there? I'd like to take my 10 year old next time. I think he'd love that. I think he'd be old enough...

mtbr member
    There were no kids there but I'm sure we could use him. I would email them http://bctaz.com/ and ask if minors are ok for trail days.

It was very rewarding building part of the trail. I wish we took a camera to give everyone an idea of what’s going on. The section we worked will be better than the loop off Table Mesa with amazing views! The whole system as a crow flies will be 70 miles one way of epic singletrack.

The next work date is Jan 6 @ 8am. It would be really cool if we could round up more mtb trail workers.

mtbr member

Kids on the Black Canyon Trail

During previous trail work days, I remember that we had Boy Scouts and younger kids help out. Even if they're not old enough to swing a pick, there's still lots to do like helping to clear vegetation and replanting any catus in the way of the trail. Some of the kids work harder than the adults!

Members who have read this thread: 0