Thread: Bike Wanted

Downhill Spokesmodel

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Bike Wanted

My wife said today that she would like to have a bike to ride to the store (less than 1mi away) and to get more exercise as she is out of work. She is slightly vertically challenged (5'2"1/2) and doesn't need a high zoot ride. Something cheap would probably work fine and we wouldn't be worried about someone stealing it when it is locked up outside Trader Joes or Fry's. Just need something so she doesn't have to burn gas in the truck to get a few groceries.
    Condition of the bike is not a problem as I will go through it and fix any issues that might need attention.
    So if anyone has, or knows someone who has, a bike that might fit the bill please let me know.
    BTW we will also be checking on Craigslist and Freecycle.
    Thanks,
    James
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

bike wanted

Santa cruz nomad size small. cheap. and misc components call Tony 480 773 4700

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    My wife said today that she would like to have a bike to ride to the store (less than 1mi away) and to get more exercise as she is out of work. She is slightly vertically challenged (5'2"1/2) and doesn't need a high zoot ride. Something cheap would probably work fine and we wouldn't be worried about someone stealing it when it is locked up outside Trader Joes or Fry's. Just need something so she doesn't have to burn gas in the truck to get a few groceries.
    Condition of the bike is not a problem as I will go through it and fix any issues that might need attention.
    So if anyone has, or knows someone who has, a bike that might fit the bill please let me know.
    BTW we will also be checking on Craigslist and Freecycle.
    Thanks,
    James
    I can offer up an older ladies Ross 3-speed cruiser with a basket on the front that would be perfect for a shorter gal doing grocery runs!

Team Tortuga
    I have my wife's 2005 Diamondback Outlook. Lightly used. Could part ways for 50 bones. She is 5'5" so it should work. Hardest trail it ever saw was the White Tanks comp track. Grip shifters, front suspension, nothing fancy, probably wouldn't draw much attention outside the grocery store. Although Kathleen's 3-speed cruiser w/ basket sure does sound pretty I thought I would give you another option.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    My wife's Specialized hardrock hardtail is available. Size S. My wife's is about 5'3" so size should be perfect. Front suspension, cable discs, ridden three times and sat in the garage since. azamstaff@yahoo.com if interested

Members who have read this thread: 0