Bike Rental in West Valley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bike Rental in West Valley

Hi, flying into Phx tomorrow, staying in West Valley/Goodyear area. Any rental places out there? Have my 13 year old son, targeting a ride at FINS. Is FINS still there? Read a review that said there was some development coming it's way.
    Work to Ride - Ride to Work
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing...

mtbr member
    There is the Trek store in Goodyear on Dysart Rd. I am not sure if they have rentals but could send you to someone who does.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just rode fins today. You can see the development from the high point. I come down every year and rent from AZ cyclery on dysart. Good people and nicely maintained stuff. The white tanks have some good trails too.

mtbr member
    Thanks ya'll! Poor planning on my part this trip so I couldn't ride, but next time I'll give AZ Cyclery a call.
    Work to Ride - Ride to Work
    There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing...

mtbr member
    I know that you're not riding on this trip, but I thought I might throw in my two cents. My wife and I (former PHX residents) just returned from a week in the valley. We debated renting bikes while out there, but decided not to at the last minute and we didn't take any of our stuff (helmets, pedals, etc). Big mistake.

While out there, we decided to check out some shops because my wife is looking to buy a new bike. We heard about Action Ride shop in Mesa/Gilbert so we stopped in, and man, I was pleasantly surprised. Action Ride Shop rents high end FS bikes and snow and ski equipment. They had the complete line of Santa Cruz bikes to rent in various sizes. They also had a couple Pivot bikes and some road bikes. I rented a Santa Cruz Bronson and my wife rented a 5010. Rentals were $80 each for 24 hours. The bikes worked perfectly and the guys in the shop got us set up with suspension, etc. I was really, really pleased and will not hesitate to rent from them again.

I know that you were looking for a rental in the west valley and Action ride shop is across town, but I think it might be worth the drive. They had super nice bikes and were generally good dudes.

Mike