Bike Rental- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike Rental

Click Click Click

Bike Rental

I have a friend coming into town next week and would like to rent a bike for him so we can go for a ride. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a bike from? Preferably in the North West (101 and I17) area.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    You might want to try Arizona Outback Adventures (Grand Canyon Hiking Tours, Havasu Falls Hiking Tours, Biking Vacations, Bike Rentals). They have a pretty good selection. I've never rented from them but I spoke to a few of them out at the McDowells. Seemed nice enough. I think they're located out in Scottsdale though.

Might want to check with some local bike shops in your area too.

DC

Meatbomb
    Shops that don't rent will sometimes have Demo bikes that can be taken for a couple days at a fee.

The British ClimbMinister
    Exhale Bikes (Bell & 27th Ave) just west of I-17 rents bikes.
    Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.

Click Click Click
    Thanks guys! I knew you would come through for me! I have never rented a bike before. I will let you know who he goes with and how it goes...

Need more cowbell

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath View Post
    Dennis... This is a good place... They rent Konas and seem to keep them maintained well. I talked with the owner one day a couple of months back. I forget the rates, but I recall them being very reasonable. They are in downtown Cave Creek.

Good luck.... Have fun!
    -boom

mtbr member

Great Recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by DustyChap View Post
    You might want to try Arizona Outback Adventures. They have a pretty good selection. I've never rented from them but I spoke to a few of them out at the McDowells. Seemed nice enough. I think they're located out in Scottsdale though.

Might want to check with some local bike shops in your area too.

DC
    Arizona Outback Adventures is a great rental source in the valley area and they'll deliver to hotels if you're willing to pay more. I've heard only good things about them. They have quite a selection of nice bikes with good components and also rent road bikes and all kinds of family friendly stuff. I know they have trail maps and info too.

Happy Trails
    DNA has Specialized Epics for demo / rental. Also, I have a nice buddy-bike FS 29r you can borrow if your buddy is over 6 feet tall AND you give it back. I'm in FH so a little out of the way but PM me if interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott In MD View Post
    DNA has Specialized Epics for demo / rental. Also, I have a nice buddy-bike FS 29r you can borrow if your buddy is over 6 feet tall AND you give it back. I'm in FH so a little out of the way but PM me if interested.
    I think his buddy has probably already come and gone... But I wanted to throw in my 2 cents about AOA

Happy Trails
    Ooops. Dooooooh! May 2012! Rookie mistake. My bad. Somebody bust me some neg cred I deserve it. (I don't care I'm goin' ridin').

Members who have read this thread: 0