Bike 'n Booze night- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

Bike 'n Booze night

My regular riding group and I held our inagural "Bike 'n Booze" event tonight. The idea was to have a fun, fast ride and then cap it off with beer and food. The night turned out to be success so I thought I would share the experience with you.

We started out at Aunt Chilada's at the Pointe Squaw Peak (Sq Pk Dr and Morten). From there you can duck under the 51 (tunnel), pick up the 1A, and then ride into biking nirvana.

We headed up the T100 (just above DD) to the saddle and then jumped on the "zipper", which is an offshoot to the T100 that is an absolute blast to ride. This trail is fun and VERY fast. It winds around and eventually dumps you off at either the 40th St parking lot or the T100 near the 40th St crossing. We chose the T100 route.

From there we ended up on the T100 at the Tatum parking lot.

One of the things we like to do on the T100 is a "time trial" -- zoom up the hill from the Tatum parking lot to the T100 market at the saddle (just before the 40th st path crosses). Our best time: 5:15. Tonight I did it in 5:20 and was really tired. I guess jogging 7 miles this morning made my legs more tired that I cared to admit.

We then tooled around on the 8 (rode it to the saddle...had to hike some parts!), back on the 100, and eventually on the 1A...under the 51 and back to Aunt Chi's.

The only casualty tonight was me -- I smacked my derailler on a rock coming down the 8 and it pulled my cable out. So I had to make do and limp home with limited gearing.

We then hung out on Aunt Chi's patio, listening to live music and drinking 22 oz XX's and eating tacos. It was the perfect ending to a fun bike ride.

We should arrange a similar event at some point in the near future on this board. It was a really fun night.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

glad you had fun...

and having said that, do you really think it is smart to be 'time trialing' on a multi use trail? i hope you only neglected to say you stop or slow down for other trail users, otherwise i will blame you for mtb'ers getting thrown off T100.

Rita

I beat 'em out of my way...

Quote Originally Posted by zer0
    and having said that, do you really think it is smart to be 'time trialing' on a multi use trail? i hope you only neglected to say you stop or slow down for other trail users, otherwise i will blame you for mtb'ers getting thrown off T100.

Rita
    Slow down for other trail users? Are you kidding? It's a time trial! Hikers that don't move get my foot in their backside to shove them out of my way (shorter people get kicked in the head). Slower riders get my foot in their spokes. And horses? I bring a dart gun so I can shoot them and watch them throw their rider. Consider me a 1-man T100 wrecking crew.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze. What are you insinuating with your question? I've lived on the T100 for 9 years and do everything in my power to protect it. Being a resident of the T100 (1 block off the trailhead), I consider it my "back yard" and therefore have a responsibility to make sure the trail is protected for everybody. We are all very courteous riders, so even though we may rip through sections of the trail we stop for horses, slow riders, and hikers (who have not already moved out of the way). Our "time trial" is just for fun, so it's not like we are out for blood or glory.

If MTB'ers ever get thrown off the T100, it would kill me. The ONLY reason I live in the neighborhood that I do is for access to MTB trails, and if that was taken away from me I might as well live somewhere where the real estate is cheaper.

Thx...Doug

mtbr member
    Okay then, I hope you weren't slobs at Aunt Childas (sp?). If mt bikers get kicked out of there, I'm going to blame you. (BTW, you made me very, very jealous. Beer and tacos? I can't remember the last time I had beer and tacos after a ride.)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Try before

Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I can't remember the last time I had beer and tacos after a ride.)
    Have the beer and tacos before the ride. Adds a whole new dimension.

Ouch, I am hot!

I don't Know dgangi, But

Rita
    I don't know dgangi, but my guess, based on his posts, residency near T100, ect., is that he is very conscientious about trail safety and etiquitte. A night/evening ride time trial from Tatum to the first peak sounds fun. Yes, there are a couple of blind spots there, but again I am sure dgangi rides appropriately.

Beers and Tacos after a ride only for me. Indeed, I can't eat much at all at least three hours pre-ride or I feel yucky. I have never upchucked from riding, but it is known to happen.

mtbr member
    How about during?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    my apologies

Rita

Slobfest

Okay then, I hope you weren't slobs at Aunt Childas (sp?). If mt bikers get kicked out of there, I'm going to blame you. (BTW, you made me very, very jealous. Beer and tacos? I can't remember the last time I had beer and tacos after a ride.)
    Ha ha ...

Let's see. I parked my bike on one of the tables. Spilled two beers. Dropped tacos on the ground. Got rowdy and yelled at the band. Then I puked on the party sitting next to me.

And I left a $2 tip.

How's that for representin' the MTB community!

Thx...Doug

No worries...

my apologies

Rita
    ...I wasn't upset anyways.

Thx...Doug

Ouch, I am hot!

Nope

How about during?
    During I "eat the dust", "eat "s**t", eat rocks (when I crash with my yapper open, which seems to be the usual), and the occasional 40/30/30 bar.