The Bike Cellar- Mtbr.com

Thread: The Bike Cellar

Beetlejuice!

The Bike Cellar

I was just thinking a few weeks ago about how I'd love to open something similar in downtown Phoenix:

http://tinyurl.com/mpygf4

http://www.thebicyclecellar.com/

Good stuff!
    "too weird to live, too rare to die" - HST
    "Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch" - Sheldon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weezerbot
    I was just thinking a few weeks ago about how I'd love to open something similar in downtown Phoenix:

http://tinyurl.com/mpygf4

http://www.thebicyclecellar.com/

Good stuff!
    Not to bore you with the details, but I had that very idea (a downtown location) about 4 years ago. I was seriously considering looking into something similar when my job was at risk, and I was looking at a career change. Unfortunately, the SO shot is down.

I also had an idea for a sandwich shop that only sold PB and Js. Terrible idea she said, and then lo and behold, one pops up at Scottsdale Mall.

But I'm like Kramer like that. Lots of ideas, but no drive.

Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Beetlejuice!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Not to bore you with the details, but I had that very idea (a downtown location) about 4 years ago. I was seriously considering looking into something similar when my job was at risk, and I was looking at a career change. Unfortunately, the SO shot is down.

I also had an idea for a sandwich shop that only sold PB and Js. Terrible idea she said, and then lo and behold, one pops up at Scottsdale Mall.

But I'm like Kramer like that. Lots of ideas, but no drive.

Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya, except I just lack the funds. After spending several years living downtown I had lots of ideas for things needed. Before this I wanted to rent some space and put in an IGA Market right in downtown just so we could finally have a damn grocery store. If only I could win the powerball......

I have a client who is an investor and when I see him next week I'm still going to run the bike idea by him and see what he thinks...who knows he could come up with the cash to do it...you in??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weezerbot
    I hear ya, except I just lack the funds. After spending several years living downtown I had lots of ideas for things needed. Before this I wanted to rent some space and put in an IGA Market right in downtown just so we could finally have a damn grocery store. If only I could win the powerball......

I have a client who is an investor and when I see him next week I'm still going to run the bike idea by him and see what he thinks...who knows he could come up with the cash to do it...you in??
    Open to suggestions.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Great idea and good for Tempe and Tempe Cyclist community. I wish the train connected to the airport. I would use the Celler weekly.
    I spent it all on bikes, beer and wasted the rest of it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by softtail
    Great idea and good for Tempe and Tempe Cyclist community. I wish the train connected to the airport. I would use the Celler weekly.
    Take the light rail to 44th and Washington, then there's a free shuttle that goes to the airport

Beetlejuice!
    Quote Originally Posted by softtail
    I agree with you, there are so many airports in the country that at least have people mover trains to connect with whatever the mass transit is in the area. The bus is ok, but it makes no sense to me why they didn't do the trains.

Then again, I live in Sunnyslope and my closest connection to the train is Central and Camelback! No train for us until something like 2030???

Members who have read this thread: 0