Bianchi San Jose- Mtbr.com
    Ridin' Dirty

Bianchi San Jose

So, I've read a couple of good overall reviews on this bike and was wondering what some local owners thought of this bike.

I might start commuting to work through mostly canals and the occasional roadways when forced to, but I don't want to use my main mountain steed. I thought the San Jose might fit my needs nicely, maybe even cruise it through DC or something.

Any owners out there to put in there 2 cents or more?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dirty Monkey

Yup!

My 4.5 cents....

Had mine for a bit, 1 1/2 months. Just past 700 miles. Commute 13 miles one-way. Love the ride! The SS is not a problem commuting, a lot of it too is the route you pick out. The only thing I changed on mine was the tires, went to Panaracer Cross-max. Other than that, added lights (city of Tempe BIG on them), nice ride. My route I ride in 42 minutes average, with stopping at lights included. The San Jose, for the price, great buy, and high on my list! Comfortable for commuting. I've ridden it as far as 60 miles on canal roads as well.
    "May The Schwartz Be With You!"

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006
    Yo Bobby.
    Hit me off line i have some help for you on this.

Mike
    SKA Racing, beer and bikes. What more could you ask for?

Ridin' Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtluvraz
    My 4.5 cents....

Had mine for a bit, 1 1/2 months. Just past 700 miles. Commute 13 miles one-way. Love the ride! The SS is not a problem commuting, a lot of it too is the route you pick out. The only thing I changed on mine was the tires, went to Panaracer Cross-max. Other than that, added lights (city of Tempe BIG on them), nice ride. My route I ride in 42 minutes average, with stopping at lights included. The San Jose, for the price, great buy, and high on my list! Comfortable for commuting. I've ridden it as far as 60 miles on canal roads as well.
    Thanks dirluvraz
    Was there a reason that you swapped out the tires?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shovel Ready
    Might check out the MASI at Rage. They told me they preferred these over the Bianchi which they sold last year. I know they have the fixed gear in stock and think they have the SS also. I had been waiting on the geared version to arrive. Went a different route do to delays and a nice option that was presented to me. I'm not an expert on the CX stuff by any means! But it might be worth looking at.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Dirty Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgrafk
    Thanks dirluvraz
    Was there a reason that you swapped out the tires?
    Sent you a pm, a bit of info for you, better to go offline with it!
    "May The Schwartz Be With You!"

Members who have read this thread: 0