Best of Sedona?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Best of Sedona?

XC Geek

Best of Sedona?

I'm going to be in Sedona next week, looking for a longish route without many roads, let's say 30 miles max (3-4 hours). Anybody got a favorite route or loop?
    Thanks
    I should be doing something more productive with my time!

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Steelhead
    I'm going to be in Sedona next week, looking for a longish route without many roads, let's say 30 miles max (3-4 hours). Anybody got a favorite route or loop?
    Thanks
    Yeah..I usually start at Sedona, then drive north up Oak Creek untill I reach flagstaff, then I get my bike out, and .....err, wait..

Go to the TOWN of oak creek (head south out of sedona), and see the people that work at the Bike 'n Bean. They should be able to point you in the right direction and give you some suggestions. It's way too difficult to describe all the different trails and intersections in this format, and get it all right. Check the trail reviews for ideas.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

XC Geek
    Funny, I would go to Flag but it will cut into my riding time, I'll be in Sedona on business. I realize it's tough to describe routes etc., I was hope Paul or someone would clue me in on maybe hooking a couple of the routes in his book together for something a bit longer than the usual 10-12 mile. I thought I saw a post at one time looping Bell Rock to Oak Creek and back on mostly single track. If this is a dead end I'll be sure to stop at Bike & Bean.
    Thanks again.

pedaller

Bike & Bean will hook you up

the Templeton, Buddha Beach out and back and then Broken Arrow, Sub Rock, Chicken Point, Llama Loop will have you smiling for days and will probably net you 20+ miles. Bike N Bean will set you up and you'll practically be on top of the trails right from there...
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

Skinny legged XC geek

Check your private messages!

Thanks
    I need your email address to send you a pretty nice mapped route.

mtbr member
    Come on, share it. Or do you have to know the secret handshake?

(Just kidding of course, I know plenty of secret trails, and I ain't sharing either :-)

XC Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ
    azxcrider at yahoo dot com
    Thanks Scott

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Well I would go and ride flag as well...but it looks like a vanilla ice-cream cone up there (again).
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

XC Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Well I would go and ride flag as well...but it looks like a vanilla ice-cream cone up there (again).
    We'll be in Sedona on Thursday ready to ride around 9am, you're welcome to join us. I think the ride PedalAZ is referring to is the one I was thinking of, not sure how technical it is (probably not very), may not be what you're into.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    We'll be in Sedona on Thursday ready to ride around 9am, you're welcome to join us. I think the ride PedalAZ is referring to is the one I was thinking of, not sure how technical it is (probably not very), may not be what you're into.
    next thursday? I have most of the day off, however, I do have two classes in the morning, so it wouldn't work...there's also a good chance my commercial test will be on that day (since it's my most free week-day).

Thanks though....stuff around here has to dry out a lot as well.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalAZ

Share the wealth

Phillbo at yahoo.

Roy
    mtbr member

Noel's got the ride

Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    the Templeton, Buddha Beach out and back and then Broken Arrow, Sub Rock, Chicken Point, Llama Loop will have you smiling for days and will probably net you 20+ miles. Bike N Bean will set you up and you'll practically be on top of the trails right from there...
    However I would do it the other way as he's described:

- start out at the Bike and Bean and either go up Llama (left side of Chicken) to Chicken to Sub Rock and then back down, switch over to Templeton to Baldwin and take the road back to the Bike and Bean.

or go around Chicken Point the other way:

- start out at the Bike and Bean and either go up ? (forget the name of the trail; it's the right side of Chicken) to Sub Rock to Chicken to Llama and then back down, switch over to Templeton to Baldwin and take the road back to the Bike and Bean.