Best LBS in NW Valley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Best LBS in NW Valley

I'm looking for a good LBS in the North West Valley. I live near the 101 and 75th ave. Looking for a good tune up and help dailing in my suspension. I had planned on Cactus in So Mo. But is there anywhere local with good service?

Ouch, I am hot!
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo
    I'm looking for a good LBS in the North West Valley. I live near the 101 and 75th ave. Looking for a good tune up and help dailing in my suspension. I had planned on Cactus in So Mo. But is there anywhere local with good service?
    IMO, no.
    I AM JUST A JERK

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Is Cactus worth the drive?

mtbr member
    Swiss American Bike is on 43rd and Bell. They are family owned and have been in the same location for over 20 years. They just remodeled. Carrying Trek, Fisher, Scott, Orbea, Haro and Redline. They also do lots of group rides, have a good team and deal with road and bmx too. 602-938-4330.

There are many other shops but this is the one I know is good.
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I saw Swiss in the yellow pages. I thought of trying them for my Giant Reign

Cookin' in AZ
    Swiss gets my vote as well.
    This space intentionally left blank

(I'm yelling)
    Jun 2006
    +1 for Swiss American!

AKA shitbird
    Is there ANY other shop in the NW valley? Or even the west valley at all? I just moved from the westside and never saw a single shop out there besides Swiss (didn't look too hard though). The westside, at least the ghetto I lived in wasn't big on mtn biking.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Performance is off of Thunderbird and 80-something Ave.

mtbr member
    There are lots of shops out that way- Swiss has been there the longest and Bike Den follows closely. I always choose Swiss and I think others do as well because they seem to realize that biking is a passionate thing to most- and Swiss treats its customers that way. I went into an unamed shop on east Bell rd to quickly buy a presta adapter (the little brass things) and was charged $3.50. Cost on these is .06 cents each. I asked for Stans and the guy said he couldn't sell it. What I learned- this shop is for neighborhood garage hanging bikes- not a serious rider.

mtbr member
    DNA is opening a new shop across from the new Gordon Biersche Brewery at Scottsdale Rd. and the 101. They've been my main shop since I moved here a few years ago. The old shop is near my house in NE Mesa and the new one is near work. They take good care of my stuff and I like the guys that work there. I think they open right around Christmas or New Years.
    There's no sex in golf...

mtbr member
    I agree with Swiss also... they actually ride and race bikes so they know whats going on. When you go to a lot of the other shops you can tell the employees either do not ride or are not passionate about bikes. The customer service is not 100% top notch all the time, however they will treat you right!

I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules

Ditto to Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    I agree with Swiss also... they actually ride and race bikes so they know whats going on. When you go to a lot of the other shops you can tell the employees either do not ride or are not passionate about bikes. The customer service is not 100% top notch all the time, however they will treat you right!
    Although not a "boutique" type shop (i.e. don't carry Turner, Santa Cruz, etc), service, honesty, and CARE are top notch.

mtbr member
    Swissy-checking in.

I live in "LA" according to some I ride with (Estrella Mtn. Ranch) and worked IN the industry for over a decade and I choose to drive to 43 + Bell because I live the the family owned shop and essentially all related to it.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    Typo: Need to actually READ these before hitting SEND...

"... becaues I like the family-owned Shop ... "

Thanks.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok guys Swiss it is thanks a lot for all the info!!! Now if I could just find a trail with in riding distance of Vistancia

mtbr member
    Buy a GPS and start exploring. When I was a kid and Vistancia was BFE, we rode dirtbikes all around out there. There are lots of jeep trails and since there used to be cattle out there (may still be- almost head on w/a bull while riding at about 45!) there might be some cattle trails or singletrack. I say bring a GPS so you don't get lost (which is hard out there) and so you can mark waypoints that you will find again for good trails and so you can show all the new trails to us!

rust never sleeps
    Arizona Cyclery is a fairly new shop on Dysart just south of Glendale.
    Its billed as 'multisport' they have MTB, road and tri stuff.
    Its a smaller shop but they are trying to make a dent in the market.
    They carry Specialized and Haro. Real nice guys and a few gals working there.
    I love you to death, but get on the bus or throw yourself under it.

...a peaceful man stands tall...

Members who have read this thread: 0