Ahhh the pain....

Bell Pass Update

Rode up Wingate and down Bell this morning. They've completed the re-route of the top section. Still real soft, but the new switchbacks are VERY rideable. Thus far they haven't closed the old section of trail, but I'd imagine that's going to happen sometime soon. The trail cleansing of Bell pretty much extends all the way to the east side where Bell meets Wingate although the east side isn't nearly as buff as the west side is now...

livin' the dream......
    I rode up to the toolbox on Bell the other day after work just to get a quick climb in from the Gateway after work. Did not know they were re-routing the top part. I was on the backside 2-3 weeks ago but turned off on Prospector. I love Bell from Windgate to Prospector, great climb!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Good to hear that they have re-routed that heinous section. But some of the trail work they are doing is turning the trails into sloped sidewalks (wide, free of rocks, etc.)

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA
    Good to hear that they have re-routed that heinous section.
    The decision was made for trail sustainability, on which i defer to the people in charge.
    But that was a super fun shot and by far the most distinctive part of that descent. as of Sunday still fun as hell.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball
    But that was a super fun shot and by far the most distinctive part of that descent. as of Sunday still fun as hell.
    yeah, I had a super big lead on Chollaball going into the new diversion. He took the low road, and I took the high, but when we tied back in, I had to throw an elbow and hip check to get back into the lead.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sloped sidewalks!!! I understand sustainability, but there seems to be a lot of that going on lately..............

Members who have read this thread: 0