mtbr member
    Feb 2010

a) The Beginning of No Country for Old Men: Part II or...

...b) another Tequila tree...or c) Semi-urban outdoorsman campsite. There was a suitcase under the shiny cover, presumably full of Benjamins or Au bars. Alas, we did not investigate further. The pics are from Saturday, I'm betting others have noticed this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a) The Beginning of No Country for Old Men: Part II or...-1-img00139-20110430-1310.jpg  

a) The Beginning of No Country for Old Men: Part II or...-2-img00140-20110430-1310.jpg  

My other ride is your mom
    yep.....the economy has pushed folks into the wild.....at first, there were dudes camped out in the thicket of trees just to the east of the 202 exit ramp onto power, just off of the singletrack between Hawes and Hero's Sports Bar (used to be Indigo Joes).....but folks in the hood complained, so they got pushed out.

......so now you see folks hangin' out on Hawes. Since I figure I'll be joining them soon in the modern equivalent to a Hooverville, I leave offerings of food every once in a while.........I will, however....not divulge the Tequila stash to these folks......let this be your warning...if you know where the stash is....take caution when approaching it and be sure you're not being tailed.

PS: I'm not phuckin joking.....seriously, stop being obvious in your visits to the tree...folks are finding out because they watch, other folks. The last thing we need is homeless harry finding the gold mine.....hide your bike off trail, observe your surroundings, use cover when accessing the stash, avoid being silhouetted on ridgelines, remove your helmet if shiny......

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I dunno...that sure looks like a "weather balloon" to me...same as at Roswell back in 1947.

mtbr member
    We investigated the "hidden" suitcase on Saturday too. We bolted once we saw the water bottle hanging from the tree and the other telltale signs of occupancy, lest we meet our demise. I welcome some other brave person to investigate. I'm giving odds that the suitcase is filled with snakes.

My other ride is your mom
    Just got back from a ride....the dude was packing up and moving on to a less conspicuous place I imagine....I must have startled him because he hid when he saw me heading down the trail.

No mames guey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    Just got back from a ride....the dude was packing up and moving on to a less conspicuous place I imagine....I must have startled him because he hid when he saw me heading down the trail.

No doubt to be closer to the tree...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I saw that stuff parked where mini-cardiac merges in to the trail from Skull and X-bones. Wasn't sure what it was but I did see a bedroll, that much I could make out. I don't think most people know how many bikers there are out there on any given day/night, or they wouldn't squat there.

It's a slugfest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    ....avoid being silhouetted on ridgelines....

Is this another clue?

-SS
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

RNC
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    For those of you riding TRW, some guy has been living in a mine shaft that is 75' off the trail. He has been there, to my knowledge, for at least a year. Don't be lured into following his tire tracks off the main trail. I can tell you it is a little unnerving coming to the end of that little trail and seeing the cot, firepit (with the fire going), shelves, and obvious signs that somebody was just there but has bailed in the 30 seconds it took you to get to his residence. I don't know if it is the same guy that I have seen out on Wild Horse who has been perched on top of a little rocky knoll only to disappear as soon as we acknowledged that we saw him.

Members who have read this thread: 0