Beautiful fall morning on SoMo- Mtbr.com
    Kathleen in AZ

Beautiful fall morning on SoMo

It was a beautiful Saturday morning in Phoenix with temps probably in the 70s the whole darn ride. Is Fall here? We went up National and down Corona de Loma. CL is in great shape with some new line surprises here and there from summer storms. Always a good time and today made even better for yours truly with some rare instances of balance and flow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Meatbomb
    Nice .... I did Taliesin over and down Lost Dog this morning at about 10 am and it was still real pleasant.

Fall can't be too far away.

drink coffee, ride.
    It was a wonderful morning, and those are some great pics.

mtbr member
    Very nice ride this morning. That was kewl coming down C de L.

wretch
    I was going to post about an hour ago just to say how great a day it was out there. We went out to Hawes and rode for about 3 hours, cool winds and perfect temps.

Were there many hikers out?

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    I was going to post about an hour ago just to say how great a day it was out there. We went out to Hawes and rode for about 3 hours, cool winds and perfect temps.

Were there many hikers out?
    Lots of hikers on National and two on Corona Loma, but everyone was wearing a grin today. Surprisingly, we didn't run into too many bikers. Saw APB, Powertrainer and Landon, that hot blond chick who can climb anything and her guy, a few others... no DHers, no Kelly, none of the other usuals...

wrecking crew
    We missed your CL ride...sleepy, sleepy! Woke up way too late. Decided to skip the roadies and do a nice MTB ride. We left from the house and struck out along the T100 off shoots and corridors. Hit Lava Lane in reverse and then over to the Dreamy Draw for some good climbs.

It was odd that we too saw TONS of hikers but very few bikers as you described. What's up with that? Very strange to not see bikers out and about in force on a nice cool beautiful day.
    ~~~

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    We missed your CL ride...sleepy, sleepy! Woke up way too late. Decided to skip the roadies and do a nice MTB ride. We left from the house and struck out along the T100 off shoots and corridors. Hit Lava Lane in reverse and then over to the Dreamy Draw for some good climbs.

It was odd that we too saw TONS of hikers but very few bikers as you described. What's up with that? Very strange to not see bikers out and about in force on a nice cool beautiful day.
    Maybe they're all suffering up north at TOWM?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~

TOWM? We actually got on the trails about 10ish (god it's nice to sleep in AND ride). Probably saw as many hikers as bikers out on T100, although most (if not all) the bikers were of the Walmart bike variety.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Lots of hikers on National and two on Corona Loma, but everyone was wearing a grin today. Surprisingly, we didn't run into too many bikers. Saw APB, Powertrainer and Landon, that hot blond chick who can climb anything and her guy, a few others... no DHers, no Kelly, none of the other usuals...
    The DHer's were on SoMo vacation

Couple of them up in Candyland, Kavu and I decided to pedal Pemberton and the McDowell comp loops, basically had the place to ourselves. Absolutely perfect weather

im4Gsus
    leg muscle pain aside i couldn't resist the cool, breeze overcast morn and headed solo to trw and hawes. saw many many bikers out today, spoke to a few.
    fall is here, yipeeee (was 'bout time!). like someone else said, no more getting up b4 the chickens to go ride!

sorry, durtgurl, i know the winter months are not your fave.
    (btw, i think i saw you on the somo flats this past wednesday morning.)
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

wretch
    Kaboose were you riding with some guy in *I think* a yellow jersey and a mouthguard? If so we passed you some where out there (myself and the lady with the dog)

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    (btw, i think i saw you on the somo flats this past wednesday morning.)
    That was you!!! I, as usual, was late for work or would have stopped to say hello. I'm trying to leave earlier in the AM so that I don't have to be on 48th St in the dark on the ride home. I don't mind hitting the trails in darkness but 48th street is spooky at night. With your nice cool weather comes short days which really bum me out and perhaps are the main reason that I like summer so much.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

With your nice cool weather comes short days which really bum me out and perhaps are the main reason that I like summer so much.
    Exactly, I like my after work rides, while I don't mind night rides I like having the sun out.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Just Joshin' ya!
    Looks like it was a nice ride Kathleen. I am almost ready to get back into it! I have been road riding, you know, trying to get the stamina back. Hopefully it will translate onto the trail. Post up your next ride. I really need to get back on the trail soon!

Oh yeah, I bought a house on Baseline and 20th st! I am so close to SOMO now. It is awesome!

-Joshua
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

AKA shitbird
    Maybe they're all suffering up north at TOWM?
    A few of us were out at NRA absolutely KILLING IT today. New jumps + cloudy skies = Perfect day!
    JRA

mtbr member

nice day at Candy Mtn

Closed out Candy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    Kaboose were you riding with some guy in *I think* a yellow jersey and a mouthguard? If so we passed you some where out there (myself and the lady with the dog)
    no, i was riding solo. however i did come across a couple with a dog at the intersection of hawes and pig as i came down from hawes. the couple was talking to another rider. since y'all were engaged in conversation -i think about the kind of dog - i didn't stop and continued on pig towards the hub.

do you remember a rider on a white turner coming by? that was me!!!
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Members who have read this thread: 0