Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,064

    Listen! BCT Work Days have been set

    Mark your calendars, the BCT work days have been set for this season. Generally they will be on the second Saturday of the month with the exception of October, which will be the third Saturday.

    October 17
    November 14
    December 12
    January 9
    February 13
    March 13
    April 10

    The work locations and meeting locations will most likely be further north of Black Canyon City up around Bumble Bee as the the trail get extended north of Bumble Bee. I will post updated info as each date approaches.

    Come out and lend a hard in helping build one of the best trails in the state!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,040
    excellent. putting the list on my calender!
    b

  3. #3
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    Nice, hopefully I can make it out to one of those days this year!!! I can't wait to get some BCT...

  4. #4
    AZ Biker Chick
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    169
    I'm in Bhutan for the first two scheduled but will be sure to jump in starting December! Actually had fun at the last one I did! I'm sure we'll be out there prior doing maintenence on those grouchy cat claw shrubs.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GeeDubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Dale, looks like I'm in for all but 3 of them.

    Can't wait for pie
    Gary

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    167
    We are going to schedule one of those Saturdays so that instead of shuttles on South we will load up the shuttle van with some heads and make our way out for trailwork

  7. #7
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    I will be there for either the Nov or Dec trail day.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hammer Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    19
    Is there any word on whether MBAA will give points credit for the early maintenance days? It would be an extra incentive for racers to start early with their trail maintenance.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    167
    what time and where are we meeting for tomorrows trail work?

  10. #10
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,064
    Time: 9:00 AM

    Meet At: BCT crossing at Bumble Bee Rd

    Directions: Take Bumble Bee Rd, exit 248, from I-17. Follow signs to the parking area, approximately 3/4 mile from southbound I-17 exit.

    Work Location: South of crossing

    Contact Information: Bob@bctaz.org

    Activities: Construct non-motorized trail using accepted trail building techniques and hand tools along previously flagged route.

    This is a physical activity requiring certain health and safety considerations. Please be aware of your personal physical condition, wear appropriate attire, such as long sleeves and hat if you are sun sensitive, gloves and sturdy footwear.

    Bring sun screen, your own soft or sports drinks and snacks. Bottled water and lunch will be provided.

    Tools to be used: Pulaski, McCloud, shovel, pick mattock, limb lopper and pruning saw. Tools will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own if they are marked for easy identification.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokenspokesJoe
    what time and where are we meeting for tomorrows trail work?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    167
    Thank you, see you in the AM.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AKA Monkeybutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,318
    See you guys tomorrow. I may be bringing a Performance employee or two.

    Don't be shy people! We have several easy tasks that need to be done so it will not be too hard. I would love to have a good showing on my B-Day

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cru_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Head
    Is there any word on whether MBAA will give points credit for the early maintenance days? It would be an extra incentive for racers to start early with their trail maintenance.
    Any update on if these will count for 2010 MBAA trail maint points?

  14. #14
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones
    Any update on if these will count for 2010 MBAA trail maint points?
    Is this the info you need to answer this question?

    http://bctaz.com/gpage4.html

    scroll down to bottom of page:
    Attention Mountain Bike Racers
    Mountain bike racers who need to complete their trail work hours to earn additional MBAA race points can do so by working a minimum of four hours on the Black Canyon Trail. The Black Canyon Trail Coalition has the official MBAA race point form and is authorized to sign and submit the form on your behalf. When you attend a work session, just mention to the session coordinator that you want to earn race points.


    ~~~

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cru_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Is this the info you need to answer this question?

    http://bctaz.com/gpage4.html

    scroll down to bottom of page:
    Attention Mountain Bike Racers
    Mountain bike racers who need to complete their trail work hours to earn additional MBAA race points can do so by working a minimum of four hours on the Black Canyon Trail. The Black Canyon Trail Coalition has the official MBAA race point form and is authorized to sign and submit the form on your behalf. When you attend a work session, just mention to the session coordinator that you want to earn race points.


    Yes it does!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.