BCT trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

BCT trail conditions?

Want to do some riding sat on the BCT. We are going to start up north and come down. How is the trail and the water crossings?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I was up there about a week and a half ago and there were parts that the thorns were over grown, but overall the trail was in pretty good shape. The river crossings where a little muddy.
    Smooth

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yeah,

I think a group of us, say 4 to 5, are going in at table mesa and north to bcc then back down. Should be cooler I think.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hddn&spnin
    Yeah,

I think a group of us, say 4 to 5, are going in at table mesa and north to bcc then back down. Should be cooler I think.
    That is the route that I did. I got cut up pretty good from the brush. You have been warned. Have fun.
    Smooth

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok what about GO JOHN Never road it any info? Busy with hikers on saturday mornnings?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ok I'm looking to only go out for about two hours on sat. Would you recommend riding up North from Black Canyon as a out and back? Or Little Pan Loop from Table Mesa? And which is the better way to ride the loop..clockwise or counter clockwise?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo
    Ok I'm looking to only go out for about two hours on sat. Would you recommend riding up North from Black Canyon as a out and back? Or Little Pan Loop from Table Mesa? And which is the better way to ride the loop..clockwise or counter clockwise?
    Stage in BCC and ride South. Good stuff out there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Going_Loud
    That is the route that I did. I got cut up pretty good from the brush. You have been warned. Have fun.

Don't be afraid to take some small hand held trimmers and trim back the cat claw if you're out there. I will do some trimming next group ride out there but I'm not sure when I'm going next.

BCT trail days are coming soon! I think we are already 4-5 miles past the BCC staging area

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Don't be afraid to take some small hand held trimmers and trim back the cat claw if you're out there.
    Jeff,

Will and I have been talking about this for weeks now! He's been riding out there a lot and he gets beat up quite a bit.

I'm getting my new ride in about two weeks and we have planned to head up there to do some trimming ourselves. And riding of course! It looks like my bike will be ready for a Sunday, Sept 28th BCT ride. Maybe we can make a group ride out of it, I'll post something as the day gets closer to see if anyone has any interest.

Tiff

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

start at BCC = peaceful

I think starting at BCC is better and like Jeff said its easy to do an out and back. LpL is still good, but you have to start back where there are people shooting and it can be stressful to hear all of those gun shots!

Tiff

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks Tiff. I work graveyard in Maryvale. Kinda like to get away from the gunshots on my rides. Being Sat, I figured starting north was best.

mtbr member
    Thanks Tiff. I work graveyard in Maryvale. Kinda like to get away from the gunshots on my rides. Being Sat, I figured starting north was best.
    That's right by my shop @ 53rd and Luke. The true West side

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    where is the trailhead start from the bcc side and how far is the out and back? I've done the loop and and some of the handle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    could someone please tell me where the trail head is I've looked everywhere and can only come up with old maps. Thank you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aztegan
    could someone please tell me where the trail head is I've looked everywhere and can only come up with old maps. Thank you
    Black Canyon City Trailhead
    The Black Canyon City Trailhead has ample parking space for cars and vehicles with trailers, but no amenities and no camping is allowed.

Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction; take exit 242 (Black Canyon City and Rock Springs), turn west, proceed to stop sign, turn north (right) on the frontage road, drive about 300 ft to the first road on the left, Warner Rd, and turn left. Drive about 1300 ft to the first cross road, turn right and proceed to the parking area on the right near the end of the road, about 400 ft.

GPS coordinates, using NAD27 Datum:

N34 3.140

W112 9.048

http://www.bctaz.com

Next work event...

Date: October 11, 2008

Time: 8:00 AM

Meet At: BCC Trailhead, Black Canyon City, AZ. If you have been to the worksite, you may go directly there.

Show up and get some

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    thank you

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We rode out this morning from Black Canyon about 6 am. Weather was great. There was good wind blowing on the passes and for minute I actual was chilled at the top from sweating. We only made it about 6 miles out and came back. We all are a bit out of shape. Cant wake to go back. Kudos to all that have built that trail!!!!

Chunky Monkey

CC Park

Ok what about GO JOHN Never road it any info? Busy with hikers on saturday mornnings?
    fiveo,

Check these two links;

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ave+creek+park

This next link belongs to a unbelievable rider that maps all over and graciously posts them for grunts like me...Thanks to Dale=epicrider

http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/di...album=54&pos=2

Good riding,

John

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Monkeybutt
    Black Canyon City Trailhead
    The Black Canyon City Trailhead has ample parking space for cars and vehicles with trailers, but no amenities and no camping is allowed.

Directions: From Interstate 17, either direction; take exit 242 (Black Canyon City and Rock Springs), turn west, proceed to stop sign, turn north (right) on the frontage road, drive about 300 ft to the first road on the left, Warner Rd, and turn left. Drive about 1300 ft to the first cross road, turn right and proceed to the parking area on the right near the end of the road, about 400 ft.

GPS coordinates, using NAD27 Datum:

N34 3.140

W112 9.048

http://www.bctaz.com

Next work event...

Date: October 11, 2008

Time: 8:00 AM

Meet At: BCC Trailhead, Black Canyon City, AZ. If you have been to the worksite, you may go directly there.

Show up and get some
    There's a big white gas tank next to the trail head and parking. Size of a semi so easy to spot.
    agmtb

Members who have read this thread: 0