BCT trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BCT trail conditions?

Anyone ridden BCT recently? Thinking about going this week but wondering if it is overgrown with cat claw. Weather will be great the next few days.

Ahhh the pain....
    I'd plan on it being pretty overgrown. Unfortunately, that trail gets no maintenance anymore. I think the black canyon trail coalition must be disbanded or something. The website is gone. I wish the trail got similar support as the azt... It is such a great trail system.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum View Post
    I'd plan on it being pretty overgrown. Unfortunately, that trail gets no maintenance anymore. I think the black canyon trail coalition must be disbanded or something. The website is gone. I wish the trail got similar support as the azt... It is such a great trail system.
    This is an interesting post. In Sedona we have people who would like to volunteer and do trail maintenance when itís convenient for them to do so. Here if you do the cutting of catclaw you will be fined and kicked out of the Coconino National Forest. Does it work the same for the BCT?

I would be happy to go down and cut cat claw at the BCT at my convenience, but are guys like Philbo and Velo going to turn me into the Feds? What a Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade2 View Post
    but are guys like Philbo and Velo going to turn me into the Feds?

No one needs to turn you in, you'd post it all over the interwebs.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

mtbr member
    This is an interesting post. In Sedona we have people who would like to volunteer and do trail maintenance when itís convenient for them to do so. Here if you do the cutting of catclaw you will be fined and kicked out of the Coconino National Forest. Does it work the same for the BCT?

I would be happy to go down and cut cat claw at the BCT at my convenience, but are guys like Philbo and Velo going to turn me into the Feds? What a Country!
    Not me. Cut away.

You're probably on RRRD's list of people they want to make an example of. You know because of your, umm, reputation. I doubt BLM would notice or care.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    No one needs to turn you in, you'd post it all over the interwebs.
    So true! lol.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    Not me. Cut away.

You're probably on RRRD's list of people they want to make an example of. You know because of your, umm, reputation. I doubt BLM would notice or care.
    How about you talking Philbo into joining you and I to do the trimming of the upper section? Why does the USFS Care and the BLM wouldnít?

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    SB2; remember that 'the Mounties always get their man'!
    So make sure that you are only active during their coffee breaks---which are most of the day.
    Always keep yer gas tank full; so u can run fer the border.
    Cheers. Yer activity is appreciated, by all but the USFS.
    TS

mtbr member
    How about you talking Philbo into joining you and I to do the trimming of the upper section? Why does the USFS Care and the BLM wouldnít?
    I don't know for certain that USFS does care about minor trail maintenance like that. It could be just you setting up straw men again. If they do care, it's probably a combination of factors: Sedona's history of illegal trail building, the sheer # of visitors/users, greater emphasis on preservation of resources as an agency value. BLMs mission, in general, seems to be more open to higher impact uses like grazing, mining, off-road vehicles, etc., with generally less emphasis on habitat preservation. Historically, BLM lands have been deemed of "lesser value" recreationally than other federal lands. Off the cuff answer...
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I don't know for certain that USFS does care about minor trail maintenance like that. It could be just you setting up straw men again. If they do care, it's probably a combination of factors: Sedona's history of illegal trail building, the sheer # of visitors/users, greater emphasis on preservation of resources as an agency value. BLMs mission, in general, seems to be more open to higher impact uses like grazing, mining, off-road vehicles, etc., with generally less emphasis on habitat preservation. Historically, BLM lands have been deemed of "lesser value" recreationally than other federal lands. Off the cuff answer...
    You would think the Sedona USFS would support the trimming of catclaw from encroaching system trails by volunteers who are on a bike ride and they happen on a section of system trail being over run by the pesky weed. It only seems logical that they would care. If you find out deferently let us know.

I find your statement about the preservation of resources to be interesting. In Sedona we just had a major rain event sponcered by Mother Nature. She moved millions of tons of sensitive soils and live and dead trees. She also scrubbed the cliff bands and scenic areas. One could easily argue that the preservation of resources argument is over blown as respects to the minor impact from popular mountain bike trails. You can present that there is a significant impact from those trails but itís nothing in comparison to the impact last weak by MN.

mtbr member
    You would think the Sedona USFS would support the trimming of catclaw from encroaching system trails by volunteers who are on a bike ride and they happen on a section of system trail being over run by the pesky weed. It only seems logical that they would care. If you find out deferently let us know.

I find your statement about the preservation of resources to be interesting. In Sedona we just had a major rain event sponcered by Mother Nature. She moved millions of tons of sensitive soils and live and dead trees. She also scrubbed the cliff bands and scenic areas. One could easily argue that the preservation of resources argument is over blown as respects to the minor impact from popular mountain bike trails. You can present that there is a significant impact from those trails but itís nothing in comparison to the impact last weak by MN.
    Does RRRD cite people for trimming back catclaw or not? You're the unofficial Sedona trail ambassador. If you don't know, ask them.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Does RRRD cite people for trimming back catclaw or not? You're the unofficial Sedona trail ambassador. If you don't know, ask them.
    I figured you would be a better person to ask them than me. Would you be inclined to get with the OP and trim back the catclaw on the BCT. To be honest with you the BCT was a great IDEA. It was supposed to bring in all kinds of new business to the area. I donít think that actually happened.

I once rode there and went to the Rock Springs Cafe. I asked them if they got lots of business from mountain bikers? They said NO. No wonder the catclaw is overgrowing the trail. When you donít have a passion to what you personally built and their is minimal funding for matenance trail conditions go downhill.

Elitest thrill junkie

I once rode there and went to the Rock Springs Cafe. I asked them if they got lots of business from mountain bikers? They said NO. No wonder the catclaw is overgrowing the trail. When you donít have a passion to what you personally built and their is minimal funding for matenance trail conditions go downhill.
    Did you ask if they had Mojo Nixon?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    No but they have great pecan pie. Have you ever ridden Ainsa?

mtbr member
    Leave it to Finchy to remind me why I never come to this forum anymore.

This post was about the condition of BCT and Finch has to come in and start blabbing about his usual Sedrama BS.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ECEGatorTuro View Post
    Leave it to Finchy to remind me why I never come to this forum anymore.

This post was about the condition of BCT and Finch has to come in and start blabbing about his usual Sedrama BS.
    Just trying to motivate some mountain bikers into doing some trimming of some catclaw on the BCT. Unfortunately, there are no takers.

mtbr member
    I figured you would be a better person to ask them than me. Would you be inclined to get with the OP and trim back the catclaw on the BCT. To be honest with you the BCT was a great IDEA. It was supposed to bring in all kinds of new business to the area. I donít think that actually happened.

I ride there at least once month during the winter. I see two or three groups of riders each time and even more trail runners and hikers. There usually are a few vehicles with bikes at Rock Springs, but I don't know if they are off the freeway or riding the BCT. Many, many more ATVers using that area. Since many mtb riders ride in baggies rather than kitted out, it's possible the proprietors mistake them for hikers, who knows, but I suspect they get more business off that trail than they realize.

PS I may or may not ride with a set of trimmers in my pack. You'll never know.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    How does a BCT question spiral into another childish Sedona internet fight?

Ahhh the pain....
    I would sure appreciate if someone knows about the current status of the BCTC, they post it here. The last I heard was that the upper loop around copper mtn had been completed. Unfortunately, it seems there was no real infrastructure put in place (like the AZT) to maintain it. Some parts have nearly gone back to nature (especially on the north end) and cattle trails are easier to ride.

mtbr member
    I would sure appreciate if someone knows about the current status of the BCTC, they post it here. The last I heard was that the upper loop around copper mtn had been completed. Unfortunately, it seems there was no real infrastructure put in place (like the AZT) to maintain it. Some parts have nearly gone back to nature (especially on the north end) and cattle trails are easier to ride.
    I might be riding Little Pan Loop this weekend. If so I'll post something. The uppermost section (ridden it once) isn't that appealing to me. So many better places to ride.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Did you ask if they had Mojo Nixon?
    They said he don't work here.

Just another half mile...
    BCTC is alive and strong. Their website is up and running at Black Canyon Trail Coalition ‚Äď Experience the AZ Outback. In fact there is a trail work day coming up on Oct 20th meeting at the Big Bug TH. Most likely tread work and brush clearing on the northern ends. I'd be there, but concentrating my free time on the new trails out at Browns Ranch.

Ahhh the pain....
    Thanks for the update Dale! Glad to hear it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    How does a BCT question spiral into another childish Sedona internet fight?
    Any thread regarding trail conditions/access/building anywhere in the world has a direct parallel to TrailDouche's life as the sole creator of the finest singletrack in the world, thereby you get Sedrama in every thread.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    The whole Traildoc persona has been about creating trails, maintaining trails, mapping them, marketing them, taking visitors on free tours, providing free shuttles, providing Sedona trail advice to visitors asking questions on MTBR, and defending the PROCESS. For doing so he has been attacked on a regular basis. I think attacking him motivates him to showcase Sedona as a World Class destination.

mtbr member
    The whole Traildoc persona has been about creating trails, maintaining trails, mapping them, marketing them, taking visitors on free tours, providing free shuttles, providing Sedona trail advice to visitors asking questions on MTBR, and defending the PROCESS. For doing so he has been attacked on a regular basis. I think attacking him motivates him to showcase Sedona as a World Class destination.
    Itís amazing how you talk about yourself in the third person Finchy.

And as for your online persona, youíre still an a-hole. I donít care what accomplishments you have under your belt. The way you carry yourself online (even if itís vastly different in person from what I hear) speaks volumes of your inner character. Plus, youíll always be a fcking a-hole to me for life after the comments you made to a distraught father looking for his missing son. Remember that one Finchy? Do us all a favor and go pedal off a cliff will ya?
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My brother was out last week for our annual week of camping and riding

All trails on the RIM, sucked and were mushy, rocky and washed out.

We also road in PHX at normally smooth trails -- Desert Classic and San Tan Park and those trails sucked as well.

My guess is BCT is not going to be fun riding at all. If you like rocky washed out very rough trails, then I would say to go for it...
    26FS & 29Rigid... best of both worlds

mtbr member

BCT trail conditions?

TRAIL REPORT

Rode today BCT from Rock Springs to top of little pan loop out and back.

AWESOME. As good as ever. Go get some! Minimal trail overgrowth. No dust because of recent rain. River crossing about 6 inches deep - cant ride but not bad. Very Green. I was apprehensive about going, but so glad I did. That is one of my favorite stretches of trail and literally saw no one after the first mile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    TRAIL REPORT

AWESOME. As good as ever. Go get some! Minimal trail overgrowth. No dust because of recent rain. River crossing about 6 inches deep - cant ride but not bad. Very Green. I was apprehensive about going, but so glad I did. That is one of my favorite stretches of trail and literally saw no one after the first mile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bones2. Very helpful!
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Itís amazing how you talk about yourself in the third person Finchy.

And as for your online persona, youíre still an a-hole. I donít care what accomplishments you have under your belt. The way you carry yourself online (even if itís vastly different in person from what I hear) speaks volumes of your inner character. Plus, youíll always be a fcking a-hole to me for life after the comments you made to a distraught father looking for his missing son. Remember that one Finchy? Do us all a favor and go pedal off a cliff will ya?
    ECE everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just finished taking two couples on a free tour the last couple days. One couple from Ontario and the other from Spearfish and Vietnam. They both gave me positive feedback on the ride I gave them. I could send you the feedback if you want me to.

As far as the father looking for his son what ever happened to the son? Did he finally let his day know where he was at? I hope the son is alright, he seemed to be somewhat irresponsible to me and was putting his dad though an emotional roller coaster.

I do think one day when life is not worth living I will vomit suicide. My wife is aware of that possibility. Her brother committed suicide, and I think he had good reasons to do so. If I do, I certainly will let my wife know where I killed myself and a letter how much I loved her. Did that kid ever tell his dad he loved him?

Meatbomb
    A real piece of work...

Ahhh the pain....
    Thanks for the report Bones...amazing how that first river crossing changes so much after each big storm. That first section of trail from the TH to the big dirt road crossing just north of the top of the little pan loop is awesome...and seems pretty weather resistant thanks to geology and good trail design.
    The pan loop seems like it's another story...hopefully someones gives the whole thing a go and posts up.

Ahhh the pain....
    I'm amazed that even after Arturo's (ECE) words (which btw is quite strong given the fact that he's a solid dude, father of 2, and overall nice guy), that Trailcock still thinks he's all that. He trys to show a bit of remorse for his actions, then talks about his contributions to some visitors, then tries for sympathy with a suicide threat.
    F*ck you man...you may have done great things for trails, but your mode of operation is bottom of the barrel.
    Being a douche makes you a douchebag...no amount of trailwork or advocacy undoes the douchery. F*ck you.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the report Bones...amazing how that first river crossing changes so much after each big storm. That first section of trail from the TH to the big dirt road crossing just north of the top of the little pan loop is awesome...and seems pretty weather resistant thanks to geology and good trail design.
    The pan loop seems like it's another story...hopefully someones gives the whole thing a go and posts up.
    Ray, what are your concerns about the loop section? I don't recall the character of the trail changing after that point, but I've also never been there after a big weather event.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ray I certainly am not looking for any sympathy. I am still curious if the kid who put his father through hell ever showed up? I would never put my parents or wife through that kind of emotional pain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    A real piece of work...
    Piece of something. Doubling down on the most pathetic online behavior I have ever witnessed. Unbelievable.
    Veni vidi velo!

Ahhh the pain....
    Ray, what are your concerns about the loop section? I don't recall the character of the trail changing after that point, but I've also never been there after a big weather event.
    I'm no geologist, but just south of the big road you cross going south towards the pan loop things change from what seems like shale and sedementary rock to volcanic rock. There is a section of what I think is basalt (DEATHMUD) and then a bunch of fist sized rock...it gets really washed out. After the bottom of the pan loop, there are a few drainages that got really notched out a few years back...

End of the day, it's all still a great trail, but as someone who loves to ride as fast as fitness allows, I found that it was much slower.

mtbr member
    I'm no geologist, but just south of the big road you cross going south towards the pan loop things change from what seems like shale and sedementary rock to volcanic rock. There is a section of what I think is basalt (DEATHMUD) and then a bunch of fist sized rock...it gets really washed out. After the bottom of the pan loop, there are a few drainages that got really notched out a few years back...

End of the day, it's all still a great trail, but as someone who loves to ride as fast as fitness allows, I found that it was much slower.
    I, too, ride as fast as fitness allows, but far slower than you I suspect. I think I'll head down there Fri. At my pace I'll be able to take a good, close look at that section and report back.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Piece of something. Doubling down on the most pathetic online behavior I have ever witnessed. Unbelievable.
    So velo do you know what happened to the kid? Did he take off and start a new life, like I suggested?

mtbr member
    So velo do you know what happened to the kid? Did he take off and start a new life, like I suggested?
    No you a-hole. Heís dead. They found his body in the desert. Now please do us all a favor and shut the f up. Just when I think you couldnít enrage me any more, well there you go. I hope that our paths never cross in real life. I honestly donít know if I could control myself. Youíre one of three people in my entire life that makes my blood boil at the mere presence.

I canít wait for your next reply about someone user experience. F you John Finch.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    No you a-hole. Heís dead. They found his body in the desert. Now please do us all a favor and shut the f up. Just when I think you couldnít enrage me any more, well there you go. I hope that our paths never cross in real life. I honestly donít know if I could control myself. Youíre one of three people in my entire life that makes my blood boil at the mere presence.

I canít wait for your next reply about someone user experience. F you John Finch.
    Does anyone know how he died? Like I said previously, I was hoping he had left the area and had started a new life. If he took his own life I hope he is in a better place. My brother's son took his life and I am sure he is in a better spot. If I decide to take my life, I am sure I will be be in a better spot. ECE you might want to consider an anger management intervention. Threatening to do another person bodily harm is not a sign of good mental health. Hating two other people than me is not a good sign.

Meatbomb
    Do you really care John or do you just like asking questions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    This is why I don't do drugs.

Ahhh the pain....
    John, if you need a physician assisted suicide, I know a few docs who can help you.

mtbr member
    Why don't you ask your friend 50cents? He was banned from MTBR for destructive and callous speculation about this missing persons case back July '15, but I'm sure you two (along with TD and RenegadeMTB) stay in touch. Birds of a feather, you know.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    crazy fool...don't forget to leave a note John. I don't know if i could sleep at night without knowing.
    Last edited by Phillbo; 10-11-2018 at 07:06 PM.

John, if you need a physician assisted suicide, I know a few docs who can help you.

I ain't a physician but I can help.
    "These things are very fancy commuter bikes or really bad dirt bikes, but they are not mountain bikes." - J. Mac

mtbr member
    I ended up over in Sedona today instead of the BCT. Girdner, Last Frontier, Ledge n Airy, Drano, then a short loop on Mescal and Yucca. Conditions were very good, temps perfect, and crowds fairly thin in those area. Parking was a zoo over on Dry Creek Rd near the trailhead for Chuckwagon. Never seen so many cars on a weekday.

Also saw my first ebiker on Last Frontier. He acknowledged knowing that ebikes were not allowed on non-motorized trails, but was told by a local bike shop that the rules were changing in January. I suspect this was a BS story he concocted in the event anyone questioned him. Nice guy, but sadly right after our conversation, he smacked his derailleur on a rock and bent it into his spokes. He and his two pals on regular mtbs were working on it when I left to complete my ride. Interestingly enough there was a Trek company van parked on Dry Creek Rd. offering ebike demos.

I think I'll hit the BCT next week.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    I'm going re badge my xr 650 r as an ebike.... where is the line?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'm going re badge my xr 650 r as an ebike.... where is the line?
    Funny you should mention that. About a month ago I confronted a guy on a KLR 650 on the Prescott Circle Trail near Goldwater Lake. He feigned ignorance, said he hadn't seen any signs, and claimed he rode there all the time. Total BS, signs everywhere, including one 50 yards from where we were standing. Since I had cell service I called and reported him but law enforcement was less than interested.

I didn't play "trail cop" with the guy today. When I questioned him about the ebike, he said he also had a regular bike, but was tired today and wanted to ride with his fitter friends so he grabbed the ebike. Then added the BS about the upcoming rule change.

The rule ought to be no motors period! But with little to no enforcement on the trail people are just going to ride anyway and play dumb when confronted.

I'm not sure being an a-hole and trying to shame people for breaking the law will work. People don't seem to give a sh_t any more.
    Veni vidi velo!

Click Click Click
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones2 View Post
    TRAIL REPORT

Awesome! Thanks for the report. Myself and a few guys I ride with are planning on riding the little pan loop on Nov 17th at 9:30am (wanna join us, meet at the TH, we are hard to miss). I was wondering about the trail conditions after all the rain, and the river crossing also.

I am also curious about the condition of the lower section between Emery Henderson and Table Mesa road, I have had the itch to go hit that section lately...
    "You either want to or you don't."

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Funny you should mention that. About a month ago I confronted a guy on a KLR 650 on the Prescott Circle Trail near Goldwater Lake. He feigned ignorance, said he hadn't seen any signs, and claimed he rode there all the time. Total BS, signs everywhere, including one 50 yards from where we were standing. Since I had cell service I called and reported him but law enforcement was less than interested.

I didn't play "trail cop" with the guy today. When I questioned him about the ebike, he said he also had a regular bike, but was tired today and wanted to ride with his fitter friends so he grabbed the ebike. Then added the BS about the upcoming rule change.

The rule ought to be no motors period! But with little to no enforcement on the trail people are just going to ride anyway and play dumb when confronted.

I'm not sure being an a-hole and trying to shame people for breaking the law will work. People don't seem to give a sh_t any more.
    Velo I would assume letting riders on Ebikes know the regulations gives you a sense of great pleasure, so why stop? I find it interesting that law enforcement in Prescott blew you off. Didnít you tell them who you were and that your reporting the Ebiker, who was doing no harm was a serious violation?

Did you get a chance to do something more productive like some trail maintenance or litter pick-up?

Meatbomb
    Or clean the toilets.

mtbr member
    Since I had cell service I called and reported him but law enforcement was less than interested.
    I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the police station/dispatch during and after that conversation ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the police station/dispatch during and after that conversation ...
    Rajun what would be really cool is if our friend Mr. V would share the conversation with us? ďLike what do you mean you have higher priorities than a mountain biker on a Class 1 Ebike on a Prescott mountain bike trail not doing any damage?Ē

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    I know Switch is reading challenged, but both of you rocket scientists missed the fact that the guy I reported was on KLR 650 motorcycle on the Prescott Circle Trail. I did not report the guy on the ebike. Don't know about you guys, but I kind of like keeping our non-motorized trails that way.

Ebikes pose the tougher problem, imo. I agree that Class 1s do little trail damage, but I don't like the precedent they set. More powerful ebikes that look like Class 1s are already available. Law enforcement is already spread thin, and soon they'll be tasked with differentiating one type of ebike from another. I don't know about you, but I see a problem coming.

Lastly, Switch you have no idea what I do to give back to the mtb community. I have consistently refused to play that game with you. The insatiable quest for recognition and validation is your shtick. How's it workin' for ya?
    Last edited by veloborealis; 10-15-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    I know Switch is reading challenged, but both of you rocket scientists missed the fact that the guy I reported was on KLR 650 motorcycle on the Prescott Circle Trail. I did not report the guy on the ebike. Don't know about you guys, but I kind of like keeping our non-motorized trails that way.

Ebikes pose the tougher problem, imo. I agree that Class 1s do little trail damage, but I don't like the precedent they set. More powerful ebikes that look like Class 1s are already available. Law enforcement is already spread thin, and soon they'll be tasked with differentiating one type of ebike from another. I don't know about you, but I see a problem coming.

Lastly, Switch you have know idea what I do to give back to the mtb community. I have consistently refused to play that game with you. The insatiable quest for recognition and validation is your shtick. How's it workin' for ya?
    V thatís even better. There is someone out on a 650 dirt bike and law enforcement blows you off because they have higher priorities. But, you claim your concerned that someone may going to be riding an Ebike that is a Class II or III and that is going to be a problem. I personally believe that problem could easily be solved.

Itís good to hear you are out building new trails, doing maintenance on existing trails, picking up litter and cleaning pit toilets. Those are commendable volunteer efforts and I respect you for helping make your hometown trail system more fun to enjoy.

mtbr member
    Just shut the f up already Finch. Nobody gives a $hit about what you have to say.
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Just shut the f up already Finch. Nobody gives a $hit about what you have to say.
    ECE if that were the case everyone would ignor my posts. I do feel a real connection with the new MTBR ownership. I feel they appreciate some other content than what kind of tire do you run on the BCT?

mtbr member
    Yeah. Iím sure they love to continually hear about our Trail Lord and Savior John Finch. A man who sacrificed himself so that the masses could enjoy the amazing and wonderful miracles he performed on a daily basis. All hail Trail Jesus!
    Shit happens...

mtbr member
    ECE if that were the case everyone would ignor my posts. I do feel a real connection with the new MTBR ownership. I feel they appreciate some other content than what kind of tire do you run on the BCT?
    John, it's hard to ignore a toothache, too, but that doesn't mean it has value. If anyone cares what you say it's probably not for a reason that you should feel good about.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    John, it's hard to ignore a toothache, too, but that doesn't mean it has value. If anyone cares what you say it's probably not for a reason that you should feel good about.
    I think an infected hemorrhoid describes his situation better than a toothache..

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrt taco View Post
    I think an infected hemorrhoid describes his situation better than a toothache..
    Comparing all the mountain bike improvements done by the Sedona mountain bike community in the past to a toothache or infected hemorrhoid is rather comical. Itís like Elizabeth Warren saying she is a minority. The main stream media believes her right now, but will they in the end?

mtbr member
    Comparing all the mountain bike improvements done by the Sedona mountain bike community in the past to a toothache or infected hemorrhoid is rather comical. Itís like Elizabeth Warren saying she is a minority. The main stream media believes her right now, but will they in the end?
    You must be as dumb as the rocks you moved off the trail that got you prosecuted and banned from the forest for illegal trail building. That or your brain has been addled by prolonged exposure to Sedona vortices.

What IS comical is you equating yourself with the entire Sedona mountain bike community. Since you brought up Warren, for you to claim that you ARE the Sedona mtb community is about as ridiculous as Warren claiming to be a minority.

I can only imagine how the actual Sedona mtb community views you.
    Veni vidi velo!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    BCT...blah, blah, blah...

So, are we allowed to trim catclaw like rogue bandits or not??
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post

Only if you are looking for a great user experience and want to offer a sacrifice to Trail Jesus.
    Shit happens...

Ahhh the pain....
    just for the record, I built the BCT myself and through much hard work was able to get it recognized as a system trail so that others could legally have a great user experience.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    just for the record, I built the BCT myself and through much hard work was able to get it recognized as a system trail so that others could legally have a great user experience.
    Thanks for your contribution to the greater Phoenix ride scene!!
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member

When it comes to trimming no one says "no" if you don't advertise or ask for permission.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Thanks for your contribution to the greater Phoenix ride scene!!
    I just wanted to give my thanks also. Itís nice to see individuals step up and build some cool trail for the rest of us to enjoy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Fairly new to this forum and really appreciate being able to find out about new trails I will have to ride over the next few months! BCT is now added to my list.

On another note, it seems a lot of posts around here go off topic rather quickly when a "certain person" gets involved. I guess no forum is immune to trolls! 😁

Meatbomb
    Some forums have trolls, we have a parasite....

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberThreat View Post
    Fairly new to this forum and really appreciate being able to find out about new trails I will have to ride over the next few months! BCT is now added to my list.

On another note, it seems a lot of posts around here go off topic rather quickly when a "certain person" gets involved. I guess no forum is immune to trolls! 😁
    Cyber welcome aboard to the forum. I am hoping you are a doer and not the kind that complains about the people who have made the popular trails in Arizona. What would you say is the best trail you built by yourself or a bunch of your buddies? Do you have a video of it for us to enjoy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Cyber welcome aboard to the forum!!!
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    When it comes to trimming no one says "no" if you don't advertise or ask for permission.
    True, but it would be nice to get an official 'ok' and then get a larger group together to knock out a huge section of trail. Kinda tough to do that without broadcasting it. Specifically, the northern end above SR69 is typically overgrown. It was already getting bad when I rode down from Orme Rd & the Copper Mtn. Loop. That's a bit much to ask of one rider who doesn't live within 1 1/2 hours.
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    Did Little Pan Loop from Rock Springs today. Perfect weather, good trail. Probably the most fun I've had on a ride down there.

Judging by the number of cuts on my arms, far fewer than the previous two times, this section of trail is less over-grown with catclaw than last year. Also, for the first time no cactus spines to remove, though I did run my knuckles into an elkhorn. The few spines that broke off stayed in my glove.

Trail is in good shape and easy to follow, except where it comes out of the third river crossing. The river was less than a foot deep at all the crossings, but the banks are still muddy from the last big rain event. All the crossings are in more or less the same places as I remember them from last year but flooding has recut the banks and moved some rocks and logs.

The arroyo that you drop into about a mile into the Cheapshot section has running water. A couple of others had pools. First time I've seen water other than at the Agua Fria. Without rain they will probably dry up in a week or two.

Raybum, you are right about the soil type changing after Cheapshot splits into Williams Mesa and Little Pan. No problem today as everything was dry, but the northern ends of WM and LP was only place I saw hardened mud cow hoof prints and tire tracks. Looks like this area could be a real mess after a rain.

BCT trail conditions?-img_20181019_145448.jpgBCT trail conditions?-img_20181019_093717.jpgBCT trail conditions?-img_20181019_114406.jpg
    Last edited by veloborealis; 10-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Veni vidi velo!

Click Click Click
    Did Little Pan Loop from Rock Springs today. Perfect weather, good trail. Probably the most fun I've had on a ride down there.

Judging by the number of cuts on my arms, far fewer than the previous two times, this section of trail is less over-grown with catclaw than last year. Also, for the first time no cactus spines to remove, though I did run my knuckles into an elkhorn. The few spines that broke off stayed in my glove.

Trail is in good shape and easy to follow, except where it comes out of the third river crossing. The river was less than a foot deep at all the crossings, but the banks are still muddy from the last big rain event. All the crossings are in more or less the same places as I remember them from last year but flooding has recut the banks and moved some rocks and logs.

The arroyo that you drop into about a mile into the Cheapshot section has running water. A couple of others had pools. First time I've seen water other than at the Agua Fria. Without rain they will probably dry up in a week or two.

Rayburn, you are right about the soil type changing after Cheapshot splits into Williams Mesa and Little Pan. No problem today as everything was dry, but the northern ends of WM and LP was only place I saw hardened mud cow hoof prints and tire tracks. Looks like this area could be a real mess after a rain.
    Awesome! Thanks for the ride report.
    "You either want to or you don't."

mtbr member
    Forgot to mention that the no-see-ums are out. Probably because of the rain and standing pools of water. Didn't feel them biting, but I got chewed up pretty bad on the back of my neck, ears, and legs. Does Avon's Skin So Soft really work as a repellent? I hate using DEET when I'm exercising and sweating.
    Veni vidi velo!

Meatbomb
    Skin So Soft does work pretty well.