BCT North vs South?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

BCT North vs South?

I have ridden BCT from Rock Springs to EH several times. Sat I thinkning of taking our group from HT down to RS on sat. It will be a little more of a hassle to do the shuttle. I was wondering if it is worth it?

How far up Crown King Rd is the trail head and is it well marked?

Ahhh the pain....
    fiveo,
    If you were going to shuttle, I'd have to say go ahead and start at the top of Antelope Canyon and finish at Rock Springs. Getting to the top of Antelope Canyon is less dirt road. (Exit at Bloody Basin Rd, go west for 3.3 miles, left then another mile. You'll see the trail start on your left.) You'll get a sweet downhill that way and save time driving on dirt roads.
    The middle section of BCT (from BB down to Rock Springs) has all types of terrain...typical awesome singletrack, rocky stagecoach roads, and jeep roads. Take a GPS with the track since there are some tricky turns that can be easy to miss. (or take a good map). If you need a gps track of that, pm me with your email and I can send.

Carnivore
    The HT trail head is not well marked. Look for a corral/cattle tank with some larger trees just S. of the intersection with the road that goes up to Old Cordes. There is a little dirt track across (w.) from the corral and about 30 yards up it on the left is a small carsonite sign with the BCT sticker. You would never see the trail from the road.

Raybum is right about the shuttle being easier from the top of antelope. The trail crosses the road s. of Old Cordes right where the road starts to go down off the rim.

Antelope to BB is a great section. Better than BB to RS.

mtbr member
    Does anyone have the gpx for this? Antelope to RS? I wanted to have incase I get lost and also wanted to know what the distance was and elevation gain/loss was to make sure its not too much for me. Thanks!

Ahhh the pain....
    Bones,
    Have a look on my blog page, down on the right hand side where you see a list of ride GPX's. You want the one that says "BCT - AES Plus". It's a loop ride, but contains the piece you're looking for.
    Ray

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Bct

In Sedona right now. I'm thinking of riding BCT from Rock Springs trailhead to Table Mesa Rd. & back (Little Pan Loop) Sat. 12/31, starting around 9:30 AM or so. I rode this route a year ago. I'm a bit under the weather, so not in a hurry. Probably spend 5 - 6 hours or so total. Email if interested.
    ([email protected])

Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    I have ridden BCT from Rock Springs to EH several times. Sat I thinkning of taking our group from HT down to RS on sat. It will be a little more of a hassle to do the shuttle. I was wondering if it is worth it?

How far up Crown King Rd is the trail head and is it well marked?

mtbr member
    Thanks raybum.
    Took your track and edited it to see the one way milage/ elevation.
    26.5 Miles. 1804ft climb, 3694 decent.

Sounds very doable. I did a few weeks ago BCS to top of LPL and back that was more climbing and 18 miles.

BCT Antelope Canyon to RS - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

mtbr member
    This trail sounds like lots of fun.
    I am taking my daughter Back to her school Orme in Mayer after her xmas break. I dont own a gps. Where or how would I catch this trail?
    To get to my daughter's school all I know is I head N on I 17 after leaving Prescott valley and I exit on Dugan Ranch rd exit about 50 miles south of Sedona.
    I am looking to do some riding in the area after next Monday.
    Will ride in Prescott, or Sedona or maybe this BCT.

thanks
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

BCT Trail Rides

I am staying in BCC until the end of Jan. Would be up for anything on the BCT or possibly Prescott or Sedona but I am really drawn to BCT northern sections. Totally flexible schedule and open to all riding styles.

All of my previous rides on the BCT have been solo and I'm looking for like minded individuals to join me.

Whip