Ahhh the pain....

BCT "Death March" Tomorrow

With a title like that, how can it not be fun?
    Here's the thought, start at Emery Hendersen, ride north, exit the trail at Rock springs and ride up through BCC, up Maggie mine road just to the peak near Arastri Creek. Then jump back on the trail there where it crosses the road and take the trail all the way back south to EH. Something like 62 easy miles, 8,100 ft of climbing. Roughly 8 hours of fun with a steady pace... Almost ALL down hill with beer stashed all along the route.
    Doesn't that sound way more fun that dirt road rides to Crown King or over Four Peaks?
    Interested?

banned
    Sep 2007
    You either are brilliant, inherited well, or need to get a job. Jealous with envy, whatever it is .

Ahhh the pain....
    None of the above actually....just have a day off and wanna ride.

Tucson, AZ
    Wish I could come up...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybum
    Here's the thought, start at Emery Hendersen, ride north, exit the trail at Rock springs and ride up through BCC, up Maggie mine road just to the peak near Arastri Creek. Then jump back on the trail there where it crosses the road and take the trail all the way back south to EH. Something like 62 easy miles, 8,100 ft of climbing. Roughly 8 hours of fun with a steady pace... Almost ALL down hill with beer stashed all along the route.
    Doesn't that sound way more fun that dirt road rides to Crown King or over Four Peaks?
    Interested?
    Ggggrrrr, this sounds like fun, and I want somebody to show me more of BCT. AND I have the day off (trip to Grand Canyon got cancelled). But alas, the SO has my penis in a vice .
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Ggggrrrr, this sounds like fun, and I want somebody to show me more of BCT. AND I have the day off (trip to Grand Canyon got cancelled). But alas, the SO has my penis in a vice .

National Park Closure by the dumb Feds gets ya every time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Just sneek out of the house and leave your penis in the vice. She might not notice you are gone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wog131
    Just sneek out of the house and leave your penis in the vice. She might not notice you are gone.
    hhmmm, you're on to something. But something tells me I'd need my penis (or at least my cajones) for this ride. Not for the penis-less.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Beer and ALL downhill? I'm almost rethinking my ride Sunday out at Ripsey......almost. If I didn't need to save my legs for that, I'd probably join. Good training to pick up my pace, to get my mileage up for a one day ride, riding with you. Maybe next time! So when is the EH to Mayer to EH C2C2C ride?
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Meatbomb
    Something like 62 easy miles, 8,100 ft of climbing. Roughly 8 hours of fun with a steady pace... Almost ALL down hill with beer stashed all along the route.

either I'm cornfused (again) or the first 5 miles are REALLY gonna suck.

Meatbomb
    But alas, the SO has my penis in a vice .
    does she do office parties ?

Got a suspension fork
    Interested?
    Wish I could hang on a ride like that... Have fun buddy, and don't forget to bring some cold ones in the cooler, you're going to earn it.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

Ahhh the pain....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dag Nabbit
    Beer and ALL downhill? I'm almost rethinking my ride Sunday out at Ripsey......almost. If I didn't need to save my legs for that, I'd probably join. Good training to pick up my pace, to get my mileage up for a one day ride, riding with you. Maybe next time! So when is the EH to Mayer to EH C2C2C ride?
    Yep, I think a C2C2C ride would be great...man, that would be a beatdown. Have to start in the dark too with any hopes of finishing in the light. Might be a better bikepacking trip!

BTW, the death march was cut short...from 62 down to 50 miles due to some menacing clouds over the Bradshaws and my lack of any kind of rain gear. The bummer is that as was heading south back over table mesa road, I looked around and sure enough, clouds had lifted...damn.
    Oh well, 50 is better than zero and 50 at BCT any day is a treat!

Members who have read this thread: 0