BCT; Rock Springs to Bumble Bee- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    73

    BCT; Rock Springs to Bumble Bee

    Does anyone have the gps track for this leg? I have ridden all other sections of BCT but this one. Sunday, I would like to check it out. I have Dale's map and my Garmin 705 so I should be cool. The gps course would be even better! I hope to plan a shuttle and ride from mexican gulch to emery henerson at some point in the next few weeks. Thanks!

  2. #2
    AZ Biker Chick
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    169
    Im sure someone out there will pitch in with the GPS for you but rest assured, it is pretty will marked out there just incase.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    73
    thanks, how do you rate that section against Rocksprings ->Little Pan Loop out and back?

  4. #4
    vmb
    vmb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    164

    much easier...

    Quote Originally Posted by ssamplin
    thanks, how do you rate that section against Rocksprings ->Little Pan Loop out and back?
    BCC to Bubble Bee is pretty tame. No major climbs like going south. We did it a few weeks back for the first time and we enjoyed the ride, but it wasn't a scenic as I was expecting (it's pretty exposed compared to going south).

    It's certainly worth doing once just to see it and check it off the list, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list to take out of towners.

  5. #5
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by vmb
    BCC to Bubble Bee is pretty tame. No major climbs like going south. We did it a few weeks back for the first time and we enjoyed the ride, but it wasn't a scenic as I was expecting (it's pretty exposed compared to going south).

    It's certainly worth doing once just to see it and check it off the list, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list to take out of towners.
    VMB, we plan on doing it south this weekend. I know where to start in BB but where is the parking area for Rock Springs when we come off the trail. Thx.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  6. #6
    vmb
    vmb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    164

    check out this link:

    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    VMB, we plan on doing it south this weekend. I know where to start in BB but where is the parking area for Rock Springs when we come off the trail. Thx.
    Warner Road.

    This map should help:

    http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/di...540&fullsize=1

    You'll be starting around M41 and you'll be coming off between M29 and M30. Who ever is picking you up will take exit 242, Rock Springs Road, then head south a short distance on Warner. They should look right of the dirt road and will see a dirt parking lot, which is where the riders will come out.

    There is another exit point on the north side of town at Soap Creek, but that's a little more difficult to find if you're not familar with the town.

  7. #7
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by vmb
    Warner Road.
    Awesome, thank you!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  8. #8
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    VMB, we plan on doing it south this weekend. I know where to start in BB but where is the parking area for Rock Springs when we come off the trail. Thx.
    what day are you planing on rolling bct?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    73
    If anyone wants join, a few of us are going to leave Rock Springs around 8. Either Little Pan loop or to BB and back.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbkracr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    453
    8AMPM on Satursunday then?
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

    96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    73
    My bad. On Sunday. 0800.
    Last edited by ssamplin; 04-08-2010 at 11:52 PM.

  12. #12
    Wrench-O-Phile
    Reputation: Elvota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    261
    I've got a GPS track of our last trip which went from Bumble Bee all the way down to Table Mesa.

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=606669

    If you are interested, just PM me with your E-Mail and I can send it to you.
    Just keep pedaling...

    visit the sticki chronicles

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ssamplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    73
    My bad. On Sunday. 8am
    Last edited by ssamplin; 04-08-2010 at 11:00 PM.

  14. #14
    Just another half mile...
    Reputation: Epicrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,064
    There are few more technical sections going north from BCC to the Town of Bumble Bee when compared to the sections south. There is the chunky volcanic rocky section just south of Soap Creek road (M34 to M34.4), the very steep loose rumbly climb up the Old Stage Coach road section just south of the Bumble Bee Road TH (M37.4 to M38) and the old washed out jeep road decent down to Bumble Bee road just south of Bumble Bee (M45 to M45.6).

    The northern sections are a great alternative to the southern sections when the water is to high to cross.


    Quote Originally Posted by vmb
    BCC to Bubble Bee is pretty tame. No major climbs like going south. We did it a few weeks back for the first time and we enjoyed the ride, but it wasn't a scenic as I was expecting (it's pretty exposed compared to going south).

    It's certainly worth doing once just to see it and check it off the list, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list to take out of towners.

  15. #15
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Awesome, thank you!

    Wait, what is that madness? Thats only like 13 miles! I thought we were doing the 30 miler.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Wait, what is that madness? Thats only like 13 miles! I thought we were doing the 30 miler.
    Wait, 13 miles? WTF?

  17. #17
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Wait, 13 miles? WTF?

    I think we've been had!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I think we've been had!

  19. #19
    wrecking crew
    Reputation: su.ling~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Wait, what is that madness? Thats only like 13 miles! I thought we were doing the 30 miler.
    Think it depends on if it's out to the first crossing of Bumble Bee Rd or the town of Bumble Bee which is further along...
    ~~~

  20. #20
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Aren't you supposed to be building your bike?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Aren't you supposed to be building your bike?
    You're not the boss of me!

  22. #22
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    I'm sure we will get lost and end up doing 30 miles. Kinda like me going up the wrong way for Goat Camp...can't believe I just found that out. Thanks CAB!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  23. #23
    Tucson, AZ
    Reputation: azepicriderandrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by su.ling~
    Think it depends on if it's out to the first crossing of Bumble Bee Rd or the town of Bumble Bee which is further along...
    You'd be silly not to do the "quick" out-n-back to Bumble Bee proper, that is one of the best parts of the north section of this trail.





    Turn around at the bridge before Bumble Bee proper or even continue to the end of the trail on Crown King Rd near the water tank.

  24. #24
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    I'm sure we will get lost and end up doing 30 miles. Kinda like me going up the wrong way for Goat Camp...can't believe I just found that out. Thanks CAB!

    I am actually down for a shorter ride if it ends up only being 13. That gives me time to enjoy some post ride beer and still make it back to PHX and to the top of SoMo to lay the smack down on some suckas before drinking more beers!

  25. #25
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    I am actually down for a shorter ride if it ends up only being 13. That gives me time to enjoy some post ride beer and still make it back to PHX and to the top of SoMo to lay the smack down on some suckas before drinking more beers!
    Lame. You sound like poopooboi
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  26. #26
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Lame. You sound like poopooboi
    Multiple rides in one day? Since when does PooPoo do that? Hell getting him to ride once in a day is hard enough.

  27. #27
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Multiple rides in one day? Since when does PooPoo do that? Hell getting him to ride once in a day is hard enough.
    Kavu will not be pleased.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  28. #28
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    Kavu will not be pleased.

    We're gonna see if Kavu has any legs left after his Kona induced hiatus.

  29. #29
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    We're gonna see if Kavu has any legs left after his Kona induced hiatus.
    You know he has been skitching off of El Camino's on the way to work.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  30. #30
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog
    You know he has been skitching off of El Camino's on the way to work.
    He didn't commute for the first 3 months of the year...

    He's still going to try to rip everyone's legs off. But we'll have a ninja and a big wheeled poofter to keep him in check.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    He didn't commute for the first 3 months of the year...

    He's still going to try to rip everyone's legs off. But we'll have a ninja and a big wheeled poofter to keep him in check.
    I never try to rip anyone's leg's off.
    I just ride.

    I have not been commuting. Sad...

  32. #32
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Maybe the shiny new lowers will deter him from getting crazy.

    Don't scratch them!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.