Barn Burner - "New and improved access"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Barn Burner - "New and improved access"

Just got an E-mailing from Leadville Race Series that said there was "new and improved access"

What's the story? Last year was quite the bummer, I was all trained up for a 104 miler and it got cancelled with no reschedule. Maybe it's time to get some miles in.....

mtbr member
    Not sure what story you want... but I will say that 2 years ago the access was horrible.... it was a muddy sloppy mess trying to get to the parking and quite a few cars got stuck... also in the process the dirt roads were destroyed along with pristine areas where they had to re route the road... also, they charged for camping in what I would like to call a mud pit..

Black and Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    Not sure what story you want... but I will say that 2 years ago the access was horrible.... it was a muddy sloppy mess trying to get to the parking and quite a few cars got stuck... also in the process the dirt roads were destroyed along with pristine areas where they had to re route the road... also, they charged for camping in what I would like to call a mud pit..
    I was there too and it was a muddy mess. The event roads were in good shape, but the access road to the venue was awful.

On a positive note, I signed up again this year and the promo code they gave me last year after cancellation worked. In other words, last year's registration fee paid for my entry this year. Not sure why I expected different. One new thing this year is that when I registered, they offered me cancellation insurance ($7). If I decline, then their terms and conditions say I forfeit my registration fee if the event is cancelled. I declined.

RC are you going to do this on your gravel bike? I'm thinking about it.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    as of now, I am not doing the barn burner in 2016

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    I was there too and it was a muddy mess. The event roads were in good shape, but the access road to the venue was awful.

On a positive note, I signed up again this year and the promo code they gave me last year after cancellation worked. In other words, last year's registration fee paid for my entry this year. Not sure why I expected different. One new thing this year is that when I registered, they offered me cancellation insurance ($7). If I decline, then their terms and conditions say I forfeit my registration fee if the event is cancelled. I declined.

RC are you going to do this on your gravel bike? I'm thinking about it.

Bob
    looks like flag has had an impressive monsoon... so if it were me, the gravel bike would not be my choice .. I would expect the course to be muddy...

Black and Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    looks like flag has had an impressive monsoon... so if it were me, the gravel bike would not be my choice .. I would expect the course to be muddy...
    Yep, thanks. I already decided to take the Verhauen in addition to the gravel bike. Game time decision.

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I'm relatively new to the MTB scene as I've been riding less than a year. However, I prerode the course 3 weeks ago. Got caught in an hour long downpour. The roads handled the rain very well. There were a few mud puddles left over from previous rain that were not hard to ride around. The road was solid with no soft mud. More rocks than I expected were exposed, most likely due to the rains. The road in is very solid and in good condition. Hope this helps. I will be there!