Back at it again. Well I tried anyway!- Mtbr.com
    Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm Back at it again. Well I tried anyway!

After 4 weeks of fighting asthma like conditions and a half dozen meds. I finally felt good enough to go for a spin around Papago after work. My lungs hurt - My legs hurt - I could not ride very far without a break - I got mud on my clean bike - I had a blast riding again!!!! Only bad thing about the whole deal is I'm coughing again. Did I say I had a blast riding again!!!

The new 4 inch setup on the El Rey is more like what I need in a FS 29'er! Fluid 110 was awesome and the RP23 lost almost 80 PSI for the proper sag compared to the 5 inch rocker. Also seemed to work a little better with less leverage since I'm a fat dude. Need a few more rides to really get a good overall feel. First impression, should have built it this way in the first place for my style of riding. That 20T ti little ring I installed, worked well when I was huffing and puffing on a couple climbs!

PS: Hey Crash, since Brady won me the division in fantasy. Looks like I get my new rims laced up from the guy out in FH!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

Shovel Ready
    Two nights in a row, I'm stoked!

Low speed, High Drag
    Don't give up, Tim. I'm in the same boat, and just came off 6 weeks off the bike, from getting sick, yet again. I've got exercise induced bronchispasms, so if I can ride, any body can. Keep up the hard work, and it'll pay off in the end.
    I need a cool saying to put here.

Shovel Ready

Cool-blue Rhythm

That's what they say I have along with the asthma. Did the treadmill test a couple months back. They said I lost 13 percent lung capacity during the first stages of exercising. I have my meds lined up and accidentally took a antihistamine the day of the test. Doctor said knowing that it could be as high as 20 percent. What seemed to help a little tonight was I took some cough drops with me. Coating the throat seemed to help a little. I also stopped anytime I started to get the coughing/wheezing feeling. Did not stop long, just enough to catch my breath and then I started rolling again. With all of that and the extra 80 pounds makes it tough. But I'm working on it!

The only way I'll stop riding is when they close the cover over me or crank up the furnace! Have yet to decide which option I'll use!

It was also nice to see NinerBoy and his wife out at Papago tonight.
    Last edited by Cycle64; 12-06-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Meatbomb
    I bet the brown cloud hanging over the valley does not help.. Maybe focus on low pollution days to ride.. I know I feel like crap when I ride on a day like today .

It rains here. :(
    Way to keep at it Tim!

I'm riding tomorrow for the first time in like 3 weeks due to travel, family, and home projects so....it should be an air sucking experience.
    07 GF Rig

Members who have read this thread: 0