AZSF07 - Dates Chosen!!- Mtbr.com
    Kathleen in AZ

AZSF07 - Dates Chosen!!

Pull out your Palm Pilot and mark these dates... the MTBR Arizona Spring Fling gathering (AZSF07) will be March 15th thru March 18th in 2007!!!

As of this morning (12/5), 57% of you selected the St. Paddy's day weekend for Spring Fling on the poll. These dates are over the ASU and UofA spring breaks and there are no apparent conflicts with local races. Apologies to all who had direct conflicts with this date - hopefully you'll be able to squeeze in a party or ride sometime during the Fling.

In Jan/Feb I will pick up the fling planning and will start soliciting volunteers. For now, your job is to tell your boss that you're taking some vacation days in March!

Official Arizona Spring Fling 2007 Website

Kathleen

I am Walt
    Way to go, Kathleen! I'd like to be involved for the first time and will talk with you after the 1st of the year...

BTW, not to derail the thread, but are you doing a ThNR this week? If so, maybe you could post it? I'm going to try and join.

Walt
    Ride more; post less...

I ride with tools

I'm in, but........

could we possibly NOT have rain this year? I'd really like to ride Sedona in the sun for once!

Plus size jersey model
    I am somewhat new to the forum and didn't see this on the website, but what exactly is the Spring Fling 2007?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Spring Fling

Every year there's a series of rides in Tucson, Phoenix and Sedona over several days.
    Last edited by abegold; 12-12-2006 at 07:55 AM. Reason: I am wrong

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    I am somewhat new to the forum and didn't see this on the website, but what exactly is the Spring Fling 2007?
    Check out the following link for a history of the MTBR Spring Fling. Follow the links to learn about what's happened in the past... this year will be much the same as the last few years.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=247024

Hope to see you in March!
    Kathleen
    Last edited by DurtGurl; 12-12-2006 at 07:49 PM.

Coors, the american beer.
    W00T!!!!

might not be able to show up for tuscon cause i havent registered for school yet and i moved 150 miles north of where i used to live in the bay area and im going to state college now, but im leaving thursday NO MATTER WHAT cause dh at south mountain is my favorite part of the trip! If i do make tuscon my brake problems i had on the blue giant faith are all fixed, hayes got me new brakes all around under warranty cause the so1es were messed up from the factory. You guys who were on milagrosa last year remember my **** dying when we were still on prison camp!

but anyways i look forward to this ride EVERY YEAR ... started showing up in 05 and its hilarious, in april after i get back im like damn i wish i was back in arizona riding haha. I highly reccomend this ride to everyone who can make the ride its soo much fun and you dont even gotta trip off hotels cause theres hella camping and if youre nice theres cool locals who will open their homes to you. Big ups to PAUL B, C.J., UNCLEMTB, and FAST EDDY and my buddies from clubcivic.com who have helped me with lodging accomodations the last 2 years.

for anyone wanting to see how this trip looks through a nor calers eyes, here are picture threads i made of the last 2 years. (yes i got a new car between 2005 and 2006 lol)

2006 - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=176324
    2005 - http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=88893
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Members who have read this thread: 0