AZSF - Sedona Rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

AZSF - Sedona Rides

Admittedly, I don't visit this site all too much anymore (The reformatting and ad over-dosing really put me off).

But looking at the Google Doc that Chad created for the AZSF rides, I see virtually no Sedona rides this year, aside from one that I posted.

And since I haven't been out here, I'm not sure if there's something amiss with Sedona.

WTF, BBQ?!

Why are there no rides posted or people stating that they'll be joining?

Is there a reason not to rally a ride in Sedona at this time?

If there's FS siht hitting the fan or something, I'll cancel the ride, if that's the right thing to do.
    -- Evil Patrick

Some of my Music

My Videos

The trail...shall set you free.

mtbr member
    Hi Patrick,

The Forest Servise sh!t may or may not hit the proverbial fan. Right now they are considering a "cross-country travel ban", which would limit mountain bikes to "designated trails". Unfortunately, many of Sedona's trails, even ones which have existed for well over a decade, have yet to be officially "designated". The Sedona Mountain Bike Club currently has a petition circulating on Change.org that will hopefully gain enough signatures to help the Forest Service make the right decision in this matter.

Here is a link to the petition, in case you or anyone else wants to sign it and pass it on to fellow riders:

http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-...bikers-2#share
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Do the right thing, Pat .
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Meatbomb
    If you get interested people that want to join you for your ride, I see no reason to cancel it.

Kathleen in AZ
    Spring Fling is without a leader or promoter this year, and it shows. Some individuals are promoting their own rides and that is great. No one is promoting Sedona because no one else has stepped up to lead a ride. I also notice that no one else has stepped up to lead a SoMo ride on Friday. I'll be there for my posted ride bringing friends who are visiting from Ohio and Graham from Wales. If anyone shows up and wants to join, that'll be great! If not, that's ok too. Too bad, but I think Spring Fling has seen its better days and should be retired next year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Patrick View Post
    Admittedly, I don't visit this site all too much anymore (The reformatting and ad over-dosing really put me off).

But looking at the Google Doc that Chad created for the AZSF rides, I see virtually no Sedona rides this year, aside from one that I posted.

And since I haven't been out here, I'm not sure if there's something amiss with Sedona.

WTF, BBQ?!

Why are there no rides posted or people stating that they'll be joining?

Is there a reason not to rally a ride in Sedona at this time?

If there's FS siht hitting the fan or something, I'll cancel the ride, if that's the right thing to do.
    FWIW, from an outsider perspective who comes to ride Sedona 1x/yr for a week, I have been quite pleased with the trail updates and all the signage the FS has done for these trails without changing the feel of the trail. I am speaking in particular to Highline, Hangover and the Secret Trails network. I am very appreciative of the work the FS and Verde bicyling club has done with this work and was very noticeable this year for me. I feel the trails still have their natural feel, if not more tech in section (good thing). Although, I get the disappointment and frustruation of losing trails (Tomahawk, Damifino) and potential others, I am really pleased they embraced and made HH's legit and all the maintenance and updating they have down to make particular trail networks better. Thanks!
    Ride On!