AZ trail toward Sonoita- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

AZ trail toward Sonoita

Great riding here on a very well planned and constructed trail.
    When I am outhere I normally ride from 83/sahurita to colassal cave or pistol hill, but today decided to ride south.
    I only had a short amount of time this morning, but highly recommend it to XC heads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ trail toward Sonoita-azt1.jpg  

AZ trail toward Sonoita-azt2.jpg  

AZ trail toward Sonoita-azt3.jpg  

AZ trail toward Sonoita-azt4.jpg  

Tucson, AZ
    Great pictures Bob. If you like what you rode, just imagine in a few months when the connector is supposed to be done.

In fact, the connection to Box/Kentucky Camp is supposed to be done in time for the AZ Trail Jamboree, a fundraising event that a few of us are putting on down here in Tucson. $30 paid to the Arizona Trail Association gets you a shuttle ride to Box Canyon/AZ Trail and free beer at Pistol Hill (we ride north toward Pistol on the AZT). All monies will go directly to building more AZT!

As of now, the date is January 9, 2010..... The Arizona Trail Jamboree. Fun ride to support the AZT.

Back on topic, how long are you down here for? Wanna ride Catalina-50 year trail at 4pm today?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Great pictures Bob. If you like what you rode, just imagine in a few months when the connector is supposed to be done.

In fact, the connection to Box/Kentucky Camp is supposed to be done in time for the AZ Trail Jamboree, a fundraising event that a few of us are putting on down here in Tucson. $30 paid to the Arizona Trail Association gets you a shuttle ride to Box Canyon/AZ Trail and free beer at Pistol Hill (we ride north toward Pistol on the AZT). All monies will go directly to building more AZT!

As of now, the date is January 9, 2010..... The Arizona Trail Jamboree. Fun ride to support the AZT.

Back on topic, how long are you down here for? Wanna ride Catalina-50 year trail at 4pm today?
    The Jamboree sounds excellent Chad. I am definitely interested and would spend 30 for it.
    I'm heading back to Phoenix today so no riding tonight for me. I'll be more social next time I'm visiting Tucson. We had a little family reunion going on and I had to keep it in the family.
    You SoAZers have killer riding down here. Very different than Phoenix trails. It's easy to get that vast, open feel out here. AZ rules!

mtbr member
    Great photos, I grew up only a few miles from there in Sahuarita. I spent most of my teen years riding my motorcycle in those hills. Also, not sure if they still do, but they used to keep alot of those water holes stocked with fish. I can't wait to go down and ride that portion of the AZ Trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EZSHUM_331
    Great photos, I grew up only a few miles from there in Sahuarita. I spent most of my teen years riding my motorcycle in those hills. Also, not sure if they still do, but they used to keep alot of those water holes stocked with fish. I can't wait to go down and ride that portion of the AZ Trail.
    I was wondering about those water holes... There were a few of them on this route.
    Near by in the Cinega greek BLM area there seemed to be a fair amount of water too. I've noticed that the AZ trail goes through the Oak Canyon area there. The oak trees there are enormous.
    I'm looking forward to an all day winter ride around here soon. really cool stuff.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi,
    that trail looks really cool, where is the trailhead? In sauarita or by colossal cave?
    I know it;s the AZ trail I was just wondering what would be the best way to get there.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From the look of the pictures he probably started Sauharita Road & 83 and headed south to Fagan Lake Rd. TH is just west of Sauharita & 83, look for the green gate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slugobikes
    From the look of the pictures he probably started Sauharita Road & 83 and headed south to Fagan Lake Rd. TH is just west of Sauharita & 83, look for the green gate.
    Yup, that's it.

Members who have read this thread: 0