AZ state land rec pass- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

AZ state land rec pass

I'm going to visit my mom in Tucson in APR. She live's really close to fantasy Island and I always bought a state land pass for $20.00 for family pass. looked at the state land web site today and seems the price is now $75.00.Is this correct or could someone direct me to the correct web site.Thanks for any help.

Tucson, AZ

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I bought mine about 3 weeks ago for $50 at Catalina St Park...It covers up to 4 adults in the car per the old lady at the gate.

more beers, lees gears.
    i think the $20 one is like a 3 day pass.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Forgot to mention, the $50 one is good for one year.

mtbr member
    Go ride Sedona it's only $20 for a year

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by rage_rider
    I bought mine about 3 weeks ago for $50 at Catalina St Park...It covers up to 4 adults in the car per the old lady at the gate.
    Rage I think she is talking about a different pass then the one you got. I think the one the sell at Cat Park is not the State Land Use Permit that you "need" to ride on 50yr, FI, and the 24hr course, plus whatever else in the state. I was always under the impression that the one at Cat park was just for that area but I could be wrong. OP the pass that you got for 20 bucks is the same that is know 75 because they raised the fees so that it would be less likely for people to purchase them. I would rarely meet anyone who was buying them when they were 15 for a single and I doubt I will be buying myself one this year because of the increase.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Multiple state fees

The AZ state parks fee is $50 from the old lady at the gate (and covers a carload of 4 adults). It covers you inside AZ state parks but not state trust land.

An AZ state land permit is entirely different and is $75 for a family permit. It covers you on AZ state trust lands but not parks.

mtbr member
    May 2007

$20 ??

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider
    Go ride Sedona it's only $20 for a year

I've been riding Sedona since 1987, fee free, what's the $20 you speak of?l Let me guess, you must be refering to the Red Rock Pass program.It's bullsh+t propoganda and can't be enforced. The vast majority of the folks who "buy" into the scam are tourists in rental cars just arriving in the redrocks from the PHX airport and other touristas and out of state visitors who don't have a clue. Has the program improved some aspects on the trails in Sedona? Absolutely, butt too much of the $$ ends up wasted on government redtape, cost of the vending machines spitting out the pass etc,,,,,,,,i've donated over 1300 hours to trail building and trail maintenance projects and programs in the Coconino, Kaibab and Red Rock NF districts, so I am opposed to the pay (cash) to play programs slowly taking over OUR public lands.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by janorine
    The AZ state parks fee is $50 from the old lady at the gate (and covers a carload of 4 adults). It covers you inside AZ state parks but not state trust land.

An AZ state land permit is entirely different and is $75 for a family permit. It covers you on AZ state trust lands but not parks.
    Don't the permit to go up on Mount Lemmon and whatever other area they want to charge you for.

Members who have read this thread: 0