AZ Picture Friday - 9-30- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30

    Sedona and Flag pics








































    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  2. #2
    Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Reputation: Dag Nabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,939
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

  3. #3
    drink coffee, ride.
    Reputation: cookiedough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    558
    Photo Fridays are always good. If you didn't get out somewhere, it's a little voyeuristic, it you did, it's stoke.



    Fall is coming:


    But there are still some cool colors out there


    The ferns continue the reminder that summer time at elevation is short


    refueling goodness


    When ride devolves into post-ride

  4. #4
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,271
    At PMP taking my Remedy 9.9 on it's maiden voyage with my all new 2X10/ F36 talas 160 set up; I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to get it on National!!

    Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

    MTBP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img00092-20110929-1104.jpg  

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img00089-20110929-1049-copy.jpg  

    Last edited by MTB Pilot; 09-30-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  5. #5
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,297
    Solid work Cookiedough!




  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    995
    [QUOTE=At PMP taking my Remedy 9.9 on it's maiden voyage with my all new 2X10/ F36 talas 160 set up; I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to get it on National!!
    MTBP[/QUOTE]

    Nice New Ride! That's one bike that would make me think about going back to the little wheels. Have you thought about running the High Roller as your front tire? I loved having a Super Tacky High Roller as a front on my old Kona. You could dump it into corners like a moto bike and it would stick.

  7. #7
    Give it a crank
    Reputation: Mtn-Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,995
    Rode by this rock thing today, didn't take a photo but had an old photo around. Hasn't changed much.


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    304
    OP --- What trail in Sedona is that? I'm riding in UT next week and thinking about adding Sedona or Precsott into the mix as well. I'm looking for some fun swoopy singletrack...nothing too technical and hopefully not too much climbing. I'll be all climb'ed out from Moab.

  9. #9
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Solid work Cookiedough!
    I agree... awesome pics!

  10. #10
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    More fun with the fisheye lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img_0555.jpg  

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img_0565.jpg  

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img_0580.jpg  

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img_0615.jpg  

    AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-img_0643.jpg  


  11. #11
    74 & 29 pilot
    Reputation: MTB Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by azpoolguy View Post
    Nice New Ride! That's one bike that would make me think about going back to the little wheels. Have you thought about running the High Roller as your front tire? I loved having a Super Tacky High Roller as a front on my old Kona. You could dump it into corners like a moto bike and it would stick.
    Thanks. Bought it new in June, but the Fox 32 150mm wasn't giving me a confident feeling on the real chunky stuff. Just new wheels, XX 2x10 and Fox 36. I have an extra in the garage, but need to wear out my Ignitor first. I run 2.35 UST; Do they make the super tacky in that config? I like it in the back cause I don't get much spin out in the loose climbs.

    Hey DurtGurl nice pics! Where does that fun take place?

    MTBP
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

  12. #12
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    Rode by this rock thing today, didn't take a photo but had an old photo around. Hasn't changed much.

    Reminds me of P E N I S rock which was (and probably still is) along the old Pemberton trail route at McDowell Park.

  13. #13
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,588
    that one must be untreated STD rock...

  14. #14
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by spec306 View Post
    OP --- What trail in Sedona is that? I'm riding in UT next week and thinking about adding Sedona or Precsott into the mix as well. I'm looking for some fun swoopy singletrack...nothing too technical and hopefully not too much climbing. I'll be all climb'ed out from Moab.
    To answer this question, riddle me this:

    You take in a game, 18 holes a must;
    a beer per par, you imbibe I trust;
    6:15 tee time, before college game day,
    you come home after play, to hear Corso Say;
    Oklahoma for the win, I must demand
    You then toast an arrogant, with both of your hands;
    The smoker gets started, the beer runs dry,
    you make a change, and flow ice and rye;
    Your woman comes home, from gathering the greens,
    finds you and your friends, boasting like teens;
    You saddle the bike, at a half past three,
    down to the corner for beer, at the local walgreens;
    A 30-pack of bud on the rack of your townie,
    you haul back home to your meat which is now browning.
    More beer is drunk, high fives a must,
    The game has not started, and yet we still trust;
    The beer has run dry again, another run is made,
    Rum this time is bought, nobody is getting laid;
    The game then starts, the meat is eaten,
    The score run up, the other team beaten;
    Your friends go home, but you're still awake,
    You leave for store again, to still partake;
    It's 2:30am, on Sunday morn,
    You're wide drunk awake, and long forelorn;
    Falling into bed, you last think outloud,
    to set the alarm for 6, for your sunday ride clout;
    6am comes fast, your're still drunk but not fast,
    The kitchen is a bomb, that exploded in the past;
    Adorned in all corners, are signs of the day,
    You just lived and drank, and left for today;
    The food next to the sink, cold and leftover,
    a perfect compliment, to your Sunday ___________

    Fill in the blank bud....that's your trail......




  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    To answer this question, riddle me this:

    You take in a game, 18 holes a must;
    a beer per par, you imbibe I trust;
    6:15 tee time, before college game day,
    you come home after play, to hear Corso Say;
    Oklahoma for the win, I must demand
    You then toast an arrogant, with both of your hands;
    The smoker gets started, the beer runs dry,
    you make a change, and flow ice and rye;
    Your woman comes home, from gathering the greens,
    finds you and your friends, boasting like teens;
    You saddle the bike, at a half past three,
    down to the corner for beer, at the local walgreens;
    A 30-pack of bud on the rack of your townie,
    you haul back home to your meat which is now browning.
    More beer is drunk, high fives a must,
    The game has not started, and yet we still trust;
    The beer has run dry again, another run is made,
    Rum this time is bought, nobody is getting laid;
    The game then starts, the meat is eaten,
    The score run up, the other team beaten;
    Your friends go home, but you're still awake,
    You leave for store again, to still partake;
    It's 2:30am, on Sunday morn,
    You're wide drunk awake, and long forelorn;
    Falling into bed, you last think outloud,
    to set the alarm for 6, for your sunday ride clout;
    6am comes fast, your're still drunk but not fast,
    The kitchen is a bomb, that exploded in the past;
    Adorned in all corners, are signs of the day,
    You just lived and drank, and left for today;
    The food next to the sink, cold and leftover,
    a perfect compliment, to your Sunday ___________

    Fill in the blank bud....that's your trail......
    Nice poem...but wrong trail...or I'm not good at this sort of thing...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

  16. #16
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,297
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    Nice poem...but wrong trail! Hint: you posted some great photo's last week of the trail.
    Goddammit....that's what I get for living the poem....you are right.....let me try again:

    After watching, a thrubbing of Ball State,
    I come home, to further partake;
    A beer two or three, or perhaps a lake,
    of 4-Peaks growler, I do intake,
    I get rather smarmy, with language and flow,
    on MTBR, to respond to those in the know;
    But little do I know, in my own smarty pants,
    I write a long-winded poem, like a big dumb-@$$;
    and give a hint, for the wrong trail amany,
    I'm such an idiot, with nary a penny;
    So please excuse, my drunken byline,
    and regard the trail name, its a real _________

    Allright.....I'm going all "Wolfpack of One" now on Las Sendas and I'm going to chow down on some Jack's Taco's via my bike and some drunken urban hollaginism......who is coming with me.....?????? Last time I did this...I woke up with cholla all over my chest and passed out in the back yard next to the pool........




  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Goddammit....that's what I get for living the poem....you are right.....let me try again:

    After watching, a thrubbing of Ball State,
    I come home, to further partake;
    A beer two or three, or perhaps a lake,
    of 4-Peaks growler, I do intake,
    I get rather smarmy, with language and flow,
    on MTBR, to respond to those in the know;
    But little do I know, in my own smarty pants,
    I write a long-winded poem, like a big dumb-@$$;
    and give a hint, for the wrong trail amany,
    I'm such an idiot, with nary a penny;
    So please excuse, my drunken byline,
    and regard the trail name, a real _________
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

  18. #18
    Give it a crank
    Reputation: Mtn-Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Reminds me of P E N I S rock which was (and probably still is) along the old Pemberton trail route at McDowell Park.
    It may be related to this other curious formation nearby. Not sure what those rocks have been doing out there for thousands of years.




  19. #19
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,844
    MMMM...PBR and GNAR
    P9270117

  20. #20
    parenting for gnarness
    Reputation: chollaball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Goddammit....that's what I get for living the poem....you are right.....let me try again:

    After watching, a thrubbing of Ball State,
    I come home, to further partake;
    A beer two or three, or perhaps a lake,
    of 4-Peaks growler, I do intake,
    I get rather smarmy, with language and flow,
    on MTBR, to respond to those in the know;
    But little do I know, in my own smarty pants,
    I write a long-winded poem, like a big dumb-@$$;
    and give a hint, for the wrong trail amany,
    I'm such an idiot, with nary a penny;
    So please excuse, my drunken byline,
    and regard the trail name, its a real _________

    Allright.....I'm going all "Wolfpack of One" now on Las Sendas and I'm going to chow down on some Jack's Taco's via my bike and some drunken urban hollaginism......who is coming with me.....?????? Last time I did this...I woke up with cholla all over my chest and passed out in the back yard next to the pool........
    sheesh, i hope you have your Spot beacon. i think Tuc Fexas is going to kill me.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

  21. #21
    Eroding into the trail
    Reputation: DustyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    897
    Pic #5 has the dog all excited!
    Nice pics!

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Linoleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    875
    Awesome pics guys

  23. #23
    drink coffee, ride.
    Reputation: cookiedough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    558
    those super wides are some powerful tools - takes a bit of skill to wield them - very nice

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azjonboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Houston Brothers...

    after a hard rain. Nice tacky trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-mtbr.jpg  

    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Goddammit....that's what I get for living the poem....you are right.....let me try again:

    After watching, a thrubbing of Ball State,
    I come home, to further partake;
    A beer two or three, or perhaps a lake,
    of 4-Peaks growler, I do intake,
    I get rather smarmy, with language and flow,
    on MTBR, to respond to those in the know;
    But little do I know, in my own smarty pants,
    I write a long-winded poem, like a big dumb-@$$;
    and give a hint, for the wrong trail amany,
    I'm such an idiot, with nary a penny;
    So please excuse, my drunken byline,
    and regard the trail name, its a real _________

    Allright.....I'm going all "Wolfpack of One" now on Las Sendas and I'm going to chow down on some Jack's Taco's via my bike and some drunken urban hollaginism......who is coming with me.....?????? Last time I did this...I woke up with cholla all over my chest and passed out in the back yard next to the pool........
    ??? Is there a secret-handshake in AZ you have to know to get trail info? Maybe I'll head down to Prescott instead. Miss that place.....lived there 15 years ago. I hear a lot has changed.

  26. #26
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    Rode by this rock thing today, didn't take a photo but had an old photo around. Hasn't changed much.

    Very cool shot!

  27. #27
    "Lurkers R us"
    Reputation: Dancobsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    More fun with the fisheye lens.
    I saw you with your fish eye lens!....and your little dog too.
    Nice to meet you.
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Picture Friday - 9-30-nra-025.jpg  

    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

  28. #28
    "Lurkers R us"
    Reputation: Dancobsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    339
    Do motion pictures count?
    NRA - YouTube
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

  29. #29
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,588
    thanks to maad for letting me borrow his armor in case i had ended up crashing on pass mountain yesterday (luckily i didn't)

    and Rini says thanks to maad for letting her lick his armor cause it was yummy

    Photobucket

  30. #30
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,338
    something twisted about that post but just not sure what

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by spec306 View Post
    ??? Is there a secret-handshake in AZ you have to know to get trail info? Maybe I'll head down to Prescott instead. Miss that place.....lived there 15 years ago. I hear a lot has changed.
    Highline.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

  32. #32
    Eroding into the trail
    Reputation: DustyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy View Post
    after a hard rain. Nice tacky trails.
    Does the Invisible Man ride mountain bikes - obviously!

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    nice cool pix

  34. #34
    HardyNutz
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    77
    where is that?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy View Post
    after a hard rain. Nice tacky trails.
    Dude, your bike is a freaking work of art.

Similar Threads

  1. Picture Friday
    By motobutane in forum North & South Carolina
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
  2. Picture Friday
    By Linoleum in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 06:01 AM
  3. Picture Friday 10/16, or I miss Joe's Friday fix
    By tductape in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 08:48 AM
  4. Picture Friday
    By hairstream in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
  5. Picture Friday (9/19/08)
    By Joe Steel in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:49 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.