AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night- Mtbr.com
    Give it a crank

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night

Heck, if Brownie Locks says it's Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night, then it must really be.

Cool gate somewhere in the McDowells.

Climbing along the new bypass trail, wait, it's got an official name: Andrews-Kinsey Trail

Maintenance break after a chain break, gives the squeaky brakes a break.

mtbr member

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porc...

A few shots from somo...
    “Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.”
-Grant Petersen

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We saw these wonderful yellow flowers while heading up Schultz Creek Trail -- and made sure to stop and photograph them on the way down.

Team Tortuga
    AZ, how I miss thee some days! Not so much the 100+ deg days right now. CO forum is not as full as the AZ forum with stoke so I have to check in from time to time.

My contribution is from my morning commute on the Cherry Creek Trail, an urban bikepath through the SE side of Denver. Cheers!

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-cherry-creek-trail-waterfall.jpg
    I ride uphill for the view.....that and the return back down!

parenting for gnarness
    top of Mt. Elden. the large child and I rode the road down. good challenge for an 8yo on a 20inch.

2014_0803_Flagstaff_blog
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member

Trip to Oregon Complete

Here are some shots of my 3rd annual pilgrimage to to the Mackenzie River Trail.
    It is good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-makriv2.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-makric3.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-makriv1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    top of Mt. Elden. the large child and I rode the road down. good challenge for an 8yo on a 20inch.

2014_0803_Flagstaff_blog
    Sick! I think my now 7 year old might be ready for some like adventures next year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    Here are some shots of my 3rd annual pilgrimage to to the Mackenzie River Trail.
    It is good.
    Nice! We did MRT last year on a overcast/rainy day. Would love to do it again with sunshine.

-db-

mtbr member
    Can't wait for my little guy to be tall enough for 20 inch. He tries, but I keep him on his 16 incher for now. That is so awesome your for your little girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post

2014_0803_Flagstaff_blog
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cstem View Post
    Can't wait for my little guy to be tall enough for 20 inch. He tries, but I keep him on his 16 incher for now. That is so awesome your for your little girl!
    No doubt, it must have been terrifying coming down the road with all those rude DH shuttle's driving up for their next lap.

No really, it's awesome cholla that your getting your kids out on bikes and skis.

mtbr member
    AZ trail today. Some odd logging going on. I thought they left a few trees with thinning as part of the 4forest initiative but it looked like a clear cut. Mixed conifer too, and besides Ponderosa they had felled mature southwestern White Pine and Blue Spruce. I thought this was prime owl habitat

That, and they were driving mechanized equipment on the trail itself which is non-motorized. A sign of things to come I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-az_trail_4.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-az_trail_5.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-az_trail_6.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-az_trail_8.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night-az_trail_9.jpg  

Give it a crank
    Sad sight, I could never figure out the markings on so many trees along the AZT.

Early morning sunshine on a chunky PMP spin this weekend.

mtbr member

AZ Photo Friday - Aug 8, 2014 - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porc...

After the MMP night ride with my son, we headed up to do a family ride in Flag. Breaking in my brother and sister-in-law who are very new to mtbing and it was my daughters first time riding the singletrack of Flag as well, she is 7yo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Saw your group heading down Shultz's trail yesterday. Good to see folks out with the little ones way to go. Used to ride this with my son when he was 7 ish. He still loves this trail today at 22.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    No doubt, it must have been terrifying coming down the road with all those rude DH shuttle's driving up for their next lap.

No really, it's awesome cholla that your getting your kids out on bikes and skis.
    thanks guys. I wanted to let my girl experience that feeling when you finish an 'epic' descent and look back up at where you came from and go 'wow!!' She really enjoyed the forest, pitches, riding next to some of the sharp dropoffs, and a short hike up from the Wasabi Gap where I showed her some of the moves she can aspire to. I also think the hike along Organ Donor is really underrated - the accessibility, views and flowers made it a winner for my kids. We actually didn't see a single other car coming up the hill - we dropped in at ~4pm, immediately after a thunderstorm cleared the top. I will definitely do this again with the kids.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    AZ trail today... A sign of things to come I guess.
    Thanks for posting those pictures. I only hope that the trails survive.

-db-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbflg View Post
    Thanks for posting those pictures. I only hope that the trails survive.

-db-
    Apparently the logging is part of the Hart Prairie Meadow Restoration Project. It's all part of riparian Bebbs Willow habitat and not thinning as part of the Four Forest Initiative. Either way, trails are going to take it on the chin in Dry Lakes and Elden next year.