AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11- Mtbr.com
    My other ride is your mom

AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11

Really????? I'm the first to get this one in???? Slackers, the lot of you!

Photos of the shining prairie around Bismark Lake for water refill, death mud on my failed attempt to bikepack the AZT from Flag to the South Rim yesterday, my Single Speed Self Rescue fix after a snapped derailleur hanger and beautiful sunset.....full post to blog about my radness and coreness is forthcoming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-dscf0634.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-dscf0652.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-dscf0656.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-dscf0660.jpg  

Last edited by Maadjurguer; 09-16-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post

Photo of death mud on my failed attempt to bikepack the AZT from Flag to the South Rim yesterday.....
    Oh, you tease...no pickychewer visible.

mtbr member
    I am not familiar with the strange brown discharge that is covering your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    I am not familiar with the strange brown discharge that is covering your bike.
    That's what happens when I get overstoked and I blow my wad on bikepacking....

Give it a crank
    Nice mud shots, makes me feel sorry for the bike.

Sunrise Trail in the McDowells yesterday.

Plus size jersey model
    Tucson checking in.

headed to work then to Starr Pass

Someones fishing for dinner.

Good thing im going the other way.

Not see that storm with 3" of rain where I'm headed.

Damn I guess its raining hard somewhere.

74 & 29 pilot
    Finally after living here for over 2 years, I broke my SOMO National trail cherry; I'm addicted! Damn, it was hot climbing on late Tuesday morn!

No, I didn't ride two bikes and that's the shirt making me look "over fed."

MTBP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-somo1-2-copy.jpg  

MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Only brought my phone, so this is the best quality picture I have. Taken a few days ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-imag0305.jpg  

Kathleen in AZ
    Checking in from an Ahwatukee backyard with a new fisheye lens. Can't wait to try this one out for some biking, camping, night sky, and of course more dog shots this weekend up in Flagstaff!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-img_0028-mtbr.jpg  

AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-img_0015-mtbr.jpg  

Alive and Lurkin'

Photos of the shining prairie around Bismark Lake for water refill, death mud on my failed attempt to bikepack the AZT from Flag to the South Rim yesterday, my Single Speed Self Rescue fix after a snapped derailleur hanger and beautiful sunset.....full post to blog about my radness and coreness is forthcoming.
    Shame on you for riding such pristine trails in such muddy conditions.
    I can easily see somebody posting in some other forum about how destructive bikes are to the trails. In Colorado, I would hear the same stories about how lame ranchers are for bringing the herd up to the upper meadows during early and late season wet conditions. Sure they have the right to do so, but is it a good idea? Short answer is no!

So core...so self-indulgent...so lame! Have fun replacing all the parts you trashed in your little excursion on the Tax-payers dime. Bad ginger!
    Pumpin & Pimpin

poser Administrator
    new bike:
    IMG_4977sm

First rides:
    IMG_5727

Fat tire:
    IMG_5734

Waitin' on a train:
    IMG_5745
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro View Post
    I can easily see somebody posting in some other forum about how destructive bikes are to the trails. In Colorado, I would hear the same stories about how lame ranchers are for bringing the herd up to the upper meadows during early and late season wet conditions. Sure they have the right to do so, but is it a good idea? Short answer is no!

So core...so self-indulgent...so lame! Have fun replacing all the parts you trashed in your little excursion on the Tax-payers dime. Bad ginger!
    Jeez... Have you ever been caught in a storm before? It's going to happen from time to time, no need to get all righteous about it.

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post

Waitin' on a train:
    IMG_5745
    That is some serious stem action you got going on there.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Jeez... Have you ever been caught in a storm before? It's going to happen from time to time, no need to get all righteous about it.
    Where you there? I see nowhere where the post reads "trails started dry then I got stuck in a storm". Self-righteous? I think not. I have my own demons to contend with and I know that people make mistakes, myself included. It's bad enough to ride trails in those conditions, but then to post pics as if it was some sort of accomplishment...

I see pis of the trails before..now let's see some pics of the trails after said ride was completed.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Where you there? I see nowhere where the post reads "trails started dry then I got stuck in a storm". Self-righteous? I think not. I have my own demons to contend with and I know that people make mistakes, myself included. It's bad enough to ride trails in those conditions, but then to post pics as if it was some sort of accomplishment...

I see pis of the trails before..now let's see some pics of the trails after said ride was completed.
    Were YOU there? I see no where the post reads "trails started wet so I went out anyways." Self-righteous? Probably. Overly assumptive? Absolutely.
    Last edited by pointerDixie214; 09-16-2011 at 03:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Where you there?
    No, but I read about it on his FB page. Homie was bike-packing out in the elements on an epic long ride and weather happened. No biggie.

parenting for gnarness
    No, but I read about it on his FB page. Homie was bike-packing out in the elements on an epic long ride and weather happened. No biggie.
    I think you're being a little preachy. Maad is a weather.com junkie, he often schedules time to take a piss around breaks in micro-weather patterns. He will decide what food to pack based on relative humidity: dry weather = 12 inch sub, wet weather = some sort of fru-fru portabello mushroom wrap with kimchi. He obviously chose to ride through death mud. can i negative rep him for this?
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Were YOU there? I see no where the post reads "trails started wet so I went out anyways." Self-righteous? Probably. Overly assumptive? Absolutely.
    I like you. You're funny. And I see your able to come to overly assumptive conclusions as well. Gosh, that makes us have something in common. We're damn near best buddies! How do you feel about that? I feel good, FYI.

I know, I know. How dare I berate MTBR's beloved Maad?!? Well I dare, and I did. So what.

When I asked "Where you there?" to Chongo not you, I was simply asking how he knew about the storm. But my position about posting pics showing the destruction of a trail still holds true.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

wawe member
    Spent a few days last week/weekend terrorizing Prescott and Sedona, just your typical MTB trip.

Like our friend here, we were ready to Eff the Ess out of Prescott and then bite its head off.

Ripe for the pillaging.

Ear bud in, bike at hand... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

Conquest, upon a steel horse she rides into the apocalypse.

We notice nature not.

Unmindful of our potential danger to innocent 12 year old girls, we attack Sedona.

I came upon a hiker who was looking at the sky, I rolled my bike up to him I said howdy, he said hi.

Because we're on bikes, our eyes are only fixated on our front wheel.

We never look ahead.

Or appreciate a view.

Or observe the passing clouds.

Or the ever changing light show they throw down across the earth.

Thunder begins to rumble in the distance.

We head back to the trailhead.

I ring my bell to alert some hikers up ahead, they move to the edge of the trail for us and as we pass they make a joke about hoping I was the ice cream man. We all laugh.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Thx for the clarification. Maybe I was a bit snappy, maybe not, either way I know stuff happens. I guess this just rang a personal chord, with me and the ranchers, in the days of way back when and I spouted off. My apologies to Maad if I was wrong.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    I think you're being a little preachy. Maad is a weather.com junkie, he often schedules time to take a piss around breaks in micro-weather patterns. He will decide what food to pack based on relative humidity: dry weather = 12 inch sub, wet weather = some sort of fru-fru portabello mushroom wrap with kimchi. He obviously chose to ride through death mud. can i negative rep him for this?
    Preachy?! Not me... Bad ginger on you.

Huffy Rider
    Me and some random guy on our way to the Hogs. It is finally cool enough to Sedona without getting up at 4am!

drink coffee, ride.
    Dawn Patrol still in effect, even though some of the temps had a 7 in front...introducing fall, I think I remember fall

And, everybody needs to refuel after a good ride, right?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I like you. You're funny. And I see your able to come to overly assumptive conclusions as well. Gosh, that makes us have something in common. We're damn near best buddies! How do you feel about that? I feel good, FYI.
    Me too. Glad we got that sorted out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiedough View Post

God those look good. Grilled peaches?

Give it a crank
    Bikes, bikes, just bikes!

mtbr member
    First ride on my new bike! Major stoke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-imageuploadedbytapatalk1316260137.501994.jpg  

Bloodied but Unbowed
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiedough View Post
    And, everybody needs to refuel after a good ride, right?

Grilled peaches, maybe a mint leaf and what...yoghurt maybe? Looks pretty good.

Perhaps you should know what you are talking about before you spout about.....no trails were harmed on this excursion.....the death mud was on a forest service road somewhere between a pile of cow $h!t and Lockwood Canyon. Do YOU know where Lockwood Canyon is????
    Last edited by Maadjurguer; 09-17-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chollaball View Post
    You fail this week when your most epic post comes whilst drunk, stamping out RPM's on your trainer and utterly failing to post a pic on your own legacy of a thread.....post a pic of your radness on that trainer, beer in hand, Eagles on the TV.......revel in your CORE-ness!!!!!

parenting for gnarness
    You fail this week when your most epic post comes whilst drunk, stamping out RPM's on your trainer and utterly failing to post a pic on your own legacy of a thread.....post a pic of your radness on that trainer, beer in hand, Eagles on the TV.......revel in your CORE-ness!!!!!
    that pic was sooooooo last week. My camera was tucked safely in my pack, next to my spare deraileur hanger. I tried to get some pics of Chongo on National, but without you slowing us down there was no time to set up.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Fun ride on a demo. Great bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AZ Photo Friday - 9-16-11-dscn4026small.jpg  

DFL>DNF>DNS

AZT - SF Peaks re-visited

Wife was out of town, so I made the run up to Flag for the day. I just had to get back on the AZT up there. For those about to venture north for this route, the final 150 yards or so linking up the north/south portions from Snowbowl Rd. to Aspen Corner are now complete!! Only minor grooming and an overabundance of tire tread to dirt need to be applied. Perfect day for riding, cool weather, mostly sunny skies, a trail covered in velcro and running into a few mtbr pals.

The MTB'ing mantra:
    From AZT - SF Peaks + Shultz

New signage @Snowbowl rd. (Isn't Bismark Lake spelled 'Bismarck'??)

Chris pondering how this ride could possibly get any better

Durtgirl all smiles!

Bismarck Lake scenic loop

Chris carving it up

Fall colors will be upon this area shortly, plan your trip now!

We were enjoying the time out there so much we kinda lost track of time. By the time we made it back to the Sunset TH ironically enough the sun was setting. We made it down Shultz Creek with about 2 miles to go before we had to break out the ONE light between the two of us!! Nothing like finishing a ride under the stars!
    My Two Schillingsworth

Ultra Endurance Posters & More: Posters/T-shirts & Stuff

Kathleen in AZ
    Great running into you, and thanks for the pic! We enjoyed our much shorter version of that ride. That newer section of the AZ trail is a hoot, especially in the DH direction!!

mtbr member
    Very cool pictures!

drink coffee, ride.
    oops, missed this post, Nectarines actually, my family doesn't like the fuzziness of the peaches. Mascapone as the filling. And yes, mint, my mint plant was just plain going ape in the heat.