mtbr member

az builders at rmbs,FORM,SENDERO

Tucson, AZ
    My favorite of all of the bikes...

mtbr member

Tucson, AZ
    Has anyone ever ridden a FORM 29er?

mtbr member
    YEP!!! The form 29er is freaking SWEEEET!!! That is the only 29er ti bike that I have ridden to date that I really really liked. It rides smooth like my current TI bikes, but is a lot stiffer in the headtube and bottom bracket areas (I have a couple of Lynsky made ti frames - very sweeeet but I prefer the way my steel bikes ride, especially downhill).

The form 29er has the BB30 bottom bracket and an oversized headtube. The frame that I rode was just a little small for me, and I did not get a chance to totally thrash it, however from what I did ride it is a pretty big jump in all-out performance coming from a ti frame. The downtube is massive... looks almost like an aluminum tube. Welds and finish are top notch, and I believe they will do anything custom for you... which is nice. If you want it ss, they will do it, or a bunch of different finishes!! The frame I rode was just a touch over 3 lbs... how did they do that and still have great handling ti frame that is not a noodle??

Anyway, my take on the frames. I am not really one that gets into the cool custom bling stuff anymore because I found out that most of it does not really improve riding... it is just bling for bling... but these frames are a whole different story... I would give a pinky toe for one after that ride....

Members who have read this thread: 0