In AZ 11/20-11/26- Mtbr.com
    orthonormal

In AZ 11/20-11/26

Tucson 11/20 - 11/22
    Phoenix 11/23 - 11/26

Bugaroo, Mtbberzrkr, you guys still around? Anyone still hear from them?
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

Saucy Size
    Quote Originally Posted by andy f
    Tucson 11/20 - 11/22
    Phoenix 11/23 - 11/26

Bugaroo, Mtbberzrkr, you guys still around? Anyone still hear from them?
    Hey Andy! Greg and Jeff are still around but they don't drop in here much any more. Not sure if Jeff is still riding.

Drop me a line when your trip gets closer. Believe it or not, I actually learned how to ride my bike since the last time we rode together.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B
    Believe it or not, I actually learned how to ride my bike since the last time we rode together.

p.

Hmmm... That must have happened within the last 2 - 3 days then.

Hows Jen?

mtbr member

We're still around....just don't post much anymore

Just got back from a road trip. Tahoe area for most of the week with some rides in Vegas and Boulder City before getting snowed on in Flagstaff yesterday.
    I don't have my Nov. schedule yet but I'll do my best to get a ride or two in with you.
    Jeff's back has been jacked up for a while now. I think he's been off the bike for about three months.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    wow, snowed in flag yesterday! We rode flag on Sat and it was simply beautiful. We rode sedona on Sunday and were wondering how hard it was "storming" in flag
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

Downhill Spokesmodel
    Hey Andy! Greg and Jeff are still around but they don't drop in here much any more. Not sure if Jeff is still riding.

Drop me a line when your trip gets closer. Believe it or not, I actually learned how to ride my bike since the last time we rode together.

p.
    I rode with jeff this weekend at Sunrise. I thnk it is the first he has been really riding since Memorial day. I think he finally let his back get better.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaroo
    Just got back from a road trip. Tahoe area for most of the week with some rides in Vegas and Boulder City before getting snowed on in Flagstaff yesterday.
    I don't have my Nov. schedule yet but I'll do my best to get a ride or two in with you.
    Jeff's back has been jacked up for a while now. I think he's been off the bike for about three months.
    No more going to Tahoe without letting me know. I'm 75 miles from SLT.

I"ll see you in Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    I rode with jeff this weekend at Sunrise. I thnk it is the first he has been really riding since Memorial day. I think he finally let his back get better.
    naaaawwwww, just good drugs. my back is still killing me.
    you should hook up for some shuttles when you get here sunday a.m.'s at the central ave entrance. the road is getting re-paved but as soon as it opens back up, we're there. greg's still too chicken to ride the short bus. he's slow you know
    IT'S A DRY HEAT

mtbr member
    Shuttle, speaking of, spent Sat. at BC doing the shuttle thing on the dh trails. The 5 spot was pushed hard that day. Somehow I managed to get through the day without crashing. Brian had a great tumble down the first left hand switchback of Snakeback and also he failed to stick the landing of the jump right below where Snakeback and Armageddon meet up.....better him than me. I enjoyed the lava jumps at the bottom of the Reeper.
    Upper Ginger was way beyond the 5 spot's capability. I rode like the first 100 yards and decided it would be better off starting off with something less along the lines of suicide.

Downhill Spokesmodel

New question here. south mountain shuttles

Quote Originally Posted by mtbberzrkr
    you should hook up for some shuttles when you get here sunday a.m.'s at the central ave entrance. the road is getting re-paved but as soon as it opens back up, we're there. greg's still too chicken to ride the short bus. he's slow you know
    I checked out the South Mountain website and saw a press release about the road construction. I also called the ranger because the press release was kind of ambiguous. Bottom line--the construction is expected to be completed Nov. 4. The road may be open at times before then as they are working from the top down. You can call the rangers and find out about the closures on a day to day basis (some days open-some days not). They are around from approx. 4am to midnite at 602-262-7393. Lets plan on shuttles beginning Nov. 7 for sure. I'll try to keep up on the openings and if it is open on a Sunday morning before then I'll let the appropriate persons know.
    Last edited by ShortBusJames; 10-12-2004 at 11:01 PM. Reason: cant work from top up.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!

Help increase ShortBus' rep

orthonormal
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbberzrkr
    What did you do to your back?

Two back surgeries for me, don't plan on having another.

orthonormal

p.
    Hopefully I haven't forgotten more than you've learned.

Hey, where to ship a bike? Close to the airport is good.

Saucy Size
    Hopefully I haven't forgotten more than you've learned.

Hey, where to ship a bike? Close to the airport is good.
    Try Cactus Bike, 480-940-7433. About a half-mile away from the SoMo trailhead.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.

I"ll see you in Hell
    What did you do to your back?

Two back surgeries for me, don't plan on having another.
    Slipped discs, L4, L5, S1. Basically years of abuse. I've tried chiropractors, electro-stimulation, accupuncture, traction, epideral injections(blockers). I may end up under the knife.

I'm working at Landis-Phoenix store now, so if you need someplace to ship a bike...

I'll still be riding shuttles on Sundays, as long as the pain killers keep working
    IT'S A DRY HEAT

mtbr member

great new back procedure

It's kind of like a prostate exam. A little tequila, maybe a lot in your case, and my sterile lower lumbar penetrator will provide all the relief I..oops, you need.
    Let me know if I can help.