Aspens and Flagstaff- Mtbr.com
    Over the Hill

Aspens and Flagstaff

Have the Aspens started turning color yet? Want to get out there and ride in the oranges and yellows.

Dean

I'm "bad" different
    Didn't see much color along Shultz creek, secret, or supermoto, but the inner basin is starting to show a lot of yellow.

Over the Hill
    Thanks.

Last fall we when to Brainhead to catch to Aspens. Snowed on us and was very cold Aspens leaves up high went from yellow to the ground in a matter of days. We did find some nice groves on the Virgin Rim Trail at Navajo Lake and Cedar Breaks. Love the Aspens in the fall, it is worth the drive out from So-Cal to ride in them. They are already starting to turn when I was in Mammoth last weekend.

Dean

zul
    Will Guide for Beer
    Flag is deffinately behind 'schedule'. 20% or so have changed (as of yesterday) on the Locket Meadow side (North side). Peak color is 1 or 2 weeks away. Like you said, let's hope the temps stay up and the wind stays down.
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    From what I've seen, it looks to be ahead of schedule. I've always seen a huge jump in color change around the second week of October.

The leaves on the North side of Elden are changing rapidly. Last week they were green saturday I noticed a big cluster and Sunday I noticed an even larger cluster.

Fall is upon us.

Over the Hill
    Thanks sound like I need to get out there in the next week or two.

Dean

mtbr member

not much yet.......

the 2nd weekend if oct. is usually a safe bet.......it's when we had the "fall for fall" party for 14 straight years, and my anniversary for that reason. i was in brian head last week & it was ragin' full on. lots of reds. navajo lake was so-so, nothing on the north rim, and the north of the peaks were green. things go fast sometimes, though. last year fall colors lasted about a week & 1/2, as it got wet & cold. the year before was AWESOME, seemed like a month of color......... steve.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Over the Hill
    THX Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    THX Steve
    no worries! stop by and see the custom frame shop if you like, as long as it is not betwen the 14th-19th i will be sea kayaking/trout fishing at lee's ferry for my anniversary steve.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Members who have read this thread: 0