Arizona Vaction Trip Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Arizona Vaction Trip Report

Day 1 - Arrived Phoenix Airport drove to Scottsdale checked into Hotel and put bike together

Day 2 - Met up with Walt & AZClydesdale for a ride at Mcdowell Mountain preserve, they showed me the following great trails Ring Tail -> Up Sunrise down the other side, back along side the road to the start. It was a great climb up sunrise nice trail, and the descent donw the other side was a hoot, I hadnt had enough when we got back to the start so AZ invited me back to his place for lunch and we rode lost dog wash back to his place, after a great lunch (Thanks AZ your a great Host) I rode back along lost dog and took ring tail back to the start.

Rode 28 miles in total a brilliant introduction to Phoenix Riding - thanks for joing me Walt & AZ

Day 3 - Drove up to Flagstaff, arrived at midday checked into hotel and got in touch with titan go King, met up at his place and he took me for a fab singletrack fest of riding around Mt Elden - the trails are in great condition - the ony thing downside was it was very cold frozen hands and feet all round. We rode some great trails from what i remember we rode through buffalo park, up lower oldham trail down the rocky ridge trail (The trail flowed really well and was much faster than I remember when i last rode here 5 years ago), we then rode up schultz creek trail, then cut off into new ground for me the fort valley trails, not sure of the exact trails names but it was sweet flowing singletrack with steep ups and downs in places, eventually we joined back on schultz creek road just as it started to get dark, rode back to titan's palce - in total ride was 25 miles of that at least 15 miles of that was singletrack heaven - i'd have to to at least 8 rides in england to get that much singletrack !!

Fort Valley Trail Pics

In the evening met up with Titan for a great mexican meal on milton think it was called caso booneto or something like that..

Day 4 - going to meet up with titan for a ride up to the top of elden and then do little bear, hobbit etc
    Last edited by zinger-uk; 11-29-2005 at 05:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Day 4

Met up with Titan and rode the following trails on Mt Elden, day started off cold , but we had to stop and strip off some layers as it got quite warm, towards the end of the ride had to put gear back on as it started to get cold again.

Road through buffalo pak, up lower oldham trail

spinned up Mt Elden Road - Nasty fireroad but at least it get you to the top quick

At the top of the road rode down Sunset Trail

Rode through the Hobbit forest

Rode down Little Bear Trail

and had to spot of trail maintenance moving this fallen tree - very satisfying as it crashed down the mountain side

And finally Rode down Schultz Creek Trail - it was cold at the start

Total Mileage 27.5 miles

Best part of the ride had to schultz creek the trails just so fast and fun
    Last edited by zinger-uk; 11-29-2005 at 06:41 PM.

mtbr member
    arse... the picture service i'm using does not keep the same url for any length of time, until i find a better way of linking the pictures heres a link to the web album with the pics

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gor...YX7AEBdWyvNDVy

I am Walt
    Great reports, Gordon. Keep 'em coming. Hopefully we can hook up again late this week or weekend.

Walt
    Ride more; post less...

Members who have read this thread: 0