Arizona for Thanksgiving?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Arizona for Thanksgiving?

So, I am thinking that I would like to head down to Arizona for the week during Thanksgiving (Nov 20-27). I would like to avoid snow if possible during that time, so I am thinking more south, but since I am not familiar with the area was hoping to get some insight and perspective. Looking for long x-country trails with technical aspects and some good climbing with some cool descents. Some of the areas I have really appreciated are Fruita/Grand Junction, Moab, and Bootleg Canyon. I was thinking that I could base myself in one location, but if some of the great trails are distant from one another than I am fine with renting a vehicle and letting that be my base. Anyway, any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Pivotal figure
    Pretty much anywhere but the higher elevations (Flagstaff, Mt Lemmon) will be free of snow unless we have some crazy weather. Sedona, Phoenix and Tucson all have trails that will fit what you're looking for. Take a look at the "sticky" on the top of the forum page, it'll point you in the right direction and help you narrow things down a bit.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

sonoranbiker
    Dec 2006
    If you come down to Tucson, check out www.tucsonmtb.com and www.sdmb.org for local trails and rides. SDMB (Sonoran Desert Mountain Bicyclists) does a yearly Turkey Day ride in Tucson Mountain Park.

mtbr member
    Come to phoenix and do flight of the pigs! As for me I'll be eating shrimp watching the sun set over the ocean in rocky point
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

Members who have read this thread: 0