mtbr member

Arizona opinions about Yeti ASR 7

I know not many people have ridden this bike yet, but it looks like an excellent, light and stiff bike for being a 7" frame.
    Has anyone in AZ ridden one of these? Any shops have one on the floor yet?
    My next bike purchase is not going to be for over a year, but I think this is high on my list. This bike could give the Nomad good competition.

http://www.yeticycles.com/#/ourrides/ASR_7/WHITE/

trail "cleaner"
    Jan 2004

standover...

Clearance, or lack there, of has taken this off of my annual new bike possibilities. And this is from a guy who owns two 575's Set up with a Totem up front and the boys could get their share of whacks

oh Lucky me
    i saw this bike in black with a carbon rear triangle and the thing looked SIIICK! it wasnt the 3 post rear like in the link, it was a fatter more 'stealthy' look...i think it was in one of the sea otter posts Anthony Sloan posted...

from what ive read, it sounds like a BAD ARSE bike...too bad it will probably NEVER be in my budget...lol
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

******ed or Branded??
    I demoed one at the Mcdowell's and Yes the standover was a deal breaker for me. The bike was setup with a Fox 36 and the standover very close to my friends. So rocking a totem or similar wold definitly be a disturbance to the boys below.

But besides that it pedaled really well, acutally if felt as if I was still on the 575. And the decending was just unreal fast and plush. It just railed turns really well and just begged to go faster. Wish there were more Gnar out there to really test her out but oh well.

If they every fix that issue I might go back to the tribe!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Meh, it looks pretty nice, but it is missing 3" from each of the wheels. I might keep it in mind if my wife wants a bike
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman
    I know not many people have ridden this bike yet, but it looks like an excellent, light and stiff bike for being a 7" frame.
    Has anyone in AZ ridden one of these? Any shops have one on the floor yet?
    My next bike purchase is not going to be for over a year, but I think this is high on my list. This bike could give the Nomad good competition.

http://www.yeticycles.com/#/ourrides/ASR_7/WHITE/
    Give Javelina Cycles a call, as they now carry Yeti. Not sure if they have one on the floor, but worth a call.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

RHRF!
    They have a couple on the floor at DNA in Scottsdale...

Sweet looking ride...
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Exodus11]i saw this bike in black with a carbon rear triangle and the thing looked SIIICK! it wasnt the 3 post rear like in the link, it was a fatter more 'stealthy' look...i think it was in one of the sea otter posts Anthony Sloan posted...QUOTE]

I read that the carbon rear triangle is out. it was probably a good idea, but scared people away with how the wheel attached and it's funkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    I demoed one at the Mcdowell's and Yes the standover was a deal breaker for me. The bike was setup with a Fox 36 and the standover very close to my friends. So rocking a totem or similar wold definitly be a disturbance to the boys below.
    The standover is an often noted compliant. so often that I bet the design will change in the future. Luckily I am tall and lanky. I think it would be a + for me.

If I start saving today I might have enough for the frame and shock in a year. wish me luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by titusbro
    They have a couple on the floor at DNA in Scottsdale...

Sweet looking ride...
    Awesome thanks. I'll go take a look.

EDR
    I rode one early in the year over at Pass Mtn during a small Yeti get together with Anthony S. from Yeti and a few other riders. I only rode it around the parking lot b/c there was ZERO standover on the medium frame. I'm 5'7' and it's a deal breaker. Felt like a big 575 to me, although 5 minutes in the parking lot offers no real test ride data.

Give eyescream a pm, he rode the whole trail on that bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    with the pivot on the seat stay like that there will be brake jack which really sucks when you apply the rear brake and hit hack -----and with the swing link whithout any support you will have alot of flex in the rear of that bike which you surly do not want , -----the stand over is not an issue with me because im lanky and tall.

But before I bought anything with that old type of design in it--( have we not learned anything ) I would want to rent it for acoupple days and really slam the hell out of it to find the short commings and see what it will and won't do.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    I had a very brief opportunity to throw a leg over one recently, but not to ride it properly on a variety of trails. Feels and peddles much like the 575 except that it sits down and sags more when peddling without propedal - very tight and fast with it switched on.

The only test I could give it was crossing a set of deep square edged hardened ruts at right angles - rattled my teeth out on my hardtail but the 7 did not even notice those. It has a very solid burly feel to the ride. I would love to try that out on SoMo - it feels like it would be in its element there.

I am well over 6' and therefore no issue with standover but felt that the medium would be fine for me (I also ride a medium 575 for preference, despite needing the large on paper)
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

oh Lucky me
    -chongoman
    I read that the carbon rear triangle is out. it was probably a good idea, but scared people away with how the wheel attached and it's funkiness.

bummer! that made the bike look awesome!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus11
    -chongoman

bummer! that made the bike look awesome!!!
    ya, those pics look to be one the many incarnations of that bike, pre production release. The 7 I rode had proper seatstays on both sides and I'm pretty sure was made of Al.

Members who have read this thread: 0