Arizona Endurance Series- Mtbr.com
    Crosley623
    Mar 2006

Arizona Endurance Series

I never made it out to a race last year and really regret it. I actually had the bags packed for the Kentucky Camp Epic, before it got rained out.
    Does anyone have any more information on these races for this season. It really seems like a good thing for the area, and thanks to all who do put great grassroots events on like these.

parenting for gnarness
    Chad is your guy for "the series": http://rockyroad5050.wordpress.com/.

But if you look for it, there are a number of other underground races going on that you can find out about. YuriB's PEE is coming up I think, a few weeks ago there was the Crazy 88 in Flag, Flight of Pigs and Squealer, etc.

I've done like 4 of these in the last year, and can't say enough good things about 'em. The vibe is always friendly and more about challenging yourself than the podium. Not having to commit wrt entry fees is cool too since my schedule is family-driven.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Plus size jersey model

You might want to rethink riding in one of Chads races. This is how they always end.

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker

You might want to rethink riding in one of Chads races. This is how they always end.
    Ha ha Vern. Are you still a little upset that it rained on Sunday

These race series began to provide an outlet for endurance racers in Arizona and to promote the idea of not paying to race like-minded mountain bikers. I still have to travel sometimes to CO and NM to satisfy my quench for endurance races, ergo I hope to add 1-2 races in the next few months. Oh yeah, BBQ and beer will follow each race in the series along with free nutrition (Hammer Products).

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by azepicriderandrunner
    Ha ha Vern. Are you still a little upset that it rained on Sunday

These race series began to provide an outlet for endurance racers in Arizona and to promote the idea of not paying to race like-minded mountain bikers. I still have to travel sometimes to CO and NM to satisfy my quench for endurance races, ergo I hope to add 1-2 races in the next few months. Oh yeah, BBQ and beer will follow each race in the series along with free nutrition (Hammer Products).
    sweet!!!

i really liked how the Crazy 88 had the option for 1 or 2 loops - some of these events can be kinda intimidating thinking you might be 5 hours out and no bailout. Got my eye on Kentucky Camp for just that reason (but if i show, I will be gunning for 2 laps).
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

Crosley623
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the input. I guess it was the .wordpress.com that screwed me up. I can't wait for some of these races, seems for a really good way to meet some riding partners for the new people. I just can't fit in with the normal racer crowd, maybe its my slowness or the case of beer at the bottom?. I look forward to a good riding season (I'm from Montana and this summer heat can't constitute riding season)
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0