Anyone willing to show a visitor around?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Anyone willing to show a visitor around?

I'm a first time visitor to AZ and will be riding in Phoenix on the 20th and the 26th, Sedona for a few days in between, and Prescott for a day or two if the conditions improve. If anyone would be willing to show me around, it would be much appreciated. I would also love to ride the BCT and would be willing to work that in anytime someone would be available.
    Thanks and happy trails!!
    Qben

Wait, what!?
    I will be riding in Sedona the 21st with a buddy of mine. The last time either of us rode was about a month and a half ago, so its going to be niiiice and slow, with quite a few stops I am sure (nice for taking lots of pics). Its going to be around 14 miles for sure, but we might do the loop twice.

Horizontally Compliant
    Would be glad to show you the Prescott trails if the weather/trail conditions improve by the time of your visit. Let us know when you're planning on being in town and we'll give you a trial report and/or set up a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soupboy
    Thread thread has a strong quasi-Craig's List Casual Encounters Man on Man vibe. I digress. As you were.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Bct

Quote Originally Posted by Qben
    I'm a first time visitor to AZ and will be riding in Phoenix on the 20th and the 26th, Sedona for a few days in between, and Prescott for a day or two if the conditions improve. If anyone would be willing to show me around, it would be much appreciated. I would also love to ride the BCT and would be willing to work that in anytime someone would be available.
    Thanks and happy trails!!
    Qben
    There's quite a few of us on here that are just waiting for the water crossings to improve so we can ride BCT. If the water levels go down enough, you'll be sure to see a post here for a ride! Personally, I was shooting for next Sunday, but changes are slim that the crossings will be low enough.

Tiff

Wait, what!?
    I know Flag has two more days of snow to look forward to later next week. Well, I dont KNOW that, but thats what TWC said.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'd love to link up with you guys for a ride on the 21st Enduro. Just give me a time and place.

Thanks for the update on the BCT Tiffany, I'll watch for a posted ride, but it sounds like I may be out of luck for this trip.

I will probably be looking at Prescott on the 24th and 25th if conditions permit. That would be great if you could set up a ride BigToe.

Thanks a bunch to all of you.
    Qben

Wait, what!?
    Will let you know. I have class that day from 8:30 to 9:40 and will be leaving Flag soon after. With the snow/rain threat, we might call it though. I will keep you updated!

Horizontally Compliant

Farging winter weather!

I will probably be looking at Prescott on the 24th and 25th if conditions permit. That would be great if you could set up a ride BigToe.
    I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but the Prescott conditions just took a turn for the worse today, first with rain earlier today, which then turned to snow tonight. Looks like about an inch or two as of right now, with supposedly more showers possible tomorrow.

The low lying trails were just beginning to dry out before this storm rolled in.

Let us know if you're still planning on coming up to Prescott. I'm going to check out the trails on Friday and see what kind of condition they are in and I'll report back Friday night as to whether or not they're ridable.
    Thread thread has a strong quasi-Craig's List Casual Encounters Man on Man vibe. I digress. As you were.

Wait, what!?
    Yea, Flag got pounded today as well. Unless we decide, for some really stupid reason, to still do it in the morn, Sedona is off too.

Horizontally Compliant
    We've been pounded with rain/snow here in Prescott for the last 2 days. It's not going to be rideable for a while.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I rode in Sedona this afternoon and it had actually dried out suprisingly well. i think I'll stay here for the next 2 or 3 days. Thanks anyway.
    Qben

banned
    I rode in Sedona this afternoon and it had actually dried out suprisingly well. i think I'll stay here for the next 2 or 3 days. Thanks anyway.
    Qben
    Qben:

Conditions should be great tomorrow. Mt. Bike Heaven has there hardcore shop ride on Sunday. They will stick to the more rocky areas tomorrow to keep away from any wet clay areas.

I am riding with a friend from Moab at 11:00 AM and will do a somewhat mellower ride if your interested. We will probably head out to Canyon of Fools for some scenic adventure ride. Let me know.

Wait, what!?
    I must admit that after a 10 o clock phone conversation Thursday morning, we decided to go. We had a great time, and were not hit my one single rain drop while on our ride. Nice and muddy in a few places, but it was fun. My buddy and I are going to try to ride there once a month in the middle of the week for the next few months. We ran into a guy visiting from Texas, and I thought it might have been you Q, but I guess not?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nope, not me. I'm from WA. I rode 2 days at SoMo (one of them was a long day all the way around the mountain) and 4 days in Sedona. I had a great time and was able to find my way around just fine after investing in some good maps. It's too bad that it didn't work out for me to ride with any natives, but I'm sure I'll be back. Special thanks to Cactus Joe and Cactus Bike on Elliot for accomodating my bike shipping needs.
    Qben

Members who have read this thread: 0