Anyone ride in the Lunar Eclipse?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Anyone ride in the Lunar Eclipse?

I left at 6:50pm on NE trail so I could keep the moon within view. At first, the earth's shadow on the moon was not impressive but later in the ride I was climbing a lookout gasping for air watching the earth's shadow overtake the moon. It left a glowing red orb in the sky, very cool indeed. As if on queue, the cloud curtain ended the show and left a dark & windy desert for the remainder of the ride.

* This pic is not from last night, but is the closest thing Googled.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Occidental Tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    I left at 6:50pm on NE trail so I could keep the moon within view. At first, the earth's shadow on the moon was not impressive but later in the ride I was climbing a lookout gasping for air watching the earth's shadow overtake the moon. It left a glowing red orb in the sky, very cool indeed. As if on queue, the cloud curtain ended the show and left a dark & windy desert for the remainder of the ride.

* This pic is not from last night, but is the closest thing Googled.
    I watched much of the show from Trails 8 and 1A. It was pretty cool. I also had an owl almost fly into my head and I saw a kit fox (which I don't think I've ever seen the the "wild"). I felt like I was on the Disovery Channel.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    I watched much of the show from Trails 8 and 1A. It was pretty cool. I also had an owl almost fly into my head and I saw a kit fox (which I don't think I've ever seen the the "wild"). I felt like I was on the Disovery Channel.
    That's a great place to watch it.

I saw a kit fox on a night ride last week, also a first for me. I wonder if there are more of them around this year or if I've just missed them in years' past.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aug 2004
    Missed the lunar , but I rode in the rain this morning; had the day off. It was refreshing and chilly for Mesa

Occidental Tourist
    That's a great place to watch it.

I saw a kit fox on a night ride last week, also a first for me. I wonder if there are more of them around this year or if I've just missed them in years' past.
    Ya know I think it was a grey fox I saw - the tail was a soild dark color. I think right now they are getting dens ready for winter breeding so best to let them be.

Jan 2004
    How was the trail this morning? Did you ride Hawes? I'm overdue for a twisted sister run.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher
    Missed the lunar , but I rode in the rain this morning; had the day off. It was refreshing and chilly for Mesa

Aug 2004
    How was the trail this morning? Did you ride Hawes? I'm overdue for a twisted sister run.
    It was nice, no one out but me. It started to rain on me half way through the ride. I felt like a little boy playing in the rain....