mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Anyone racing in the Xterra Deuces Wild Tri in Show Low Sunday?

I'm heading up to Show Low tomorrow for the Xterra Deuces Wild Triathlon. This will be my first Triathlon, getting pretty nervous. I was planning a trip to the area to train in the elevation a few weeks back but had to cancel it due to work. I know the elevation is going to kill me.

800 meter swim / 16 mile mt. bike / 5 mile trail run

I've been swimming and trail running for the last two months training for this, I'm hoping to post a time between 2:30 and 3:00 hours. There may be more triathlons in my future, should be a fun time.

Anyone else local racing?

Eric

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Dwt

Hey eric, i really wanted to do this tri as its the only mtb one i could find in our area, but work prevented me from gettin adequate training time in. I might head up on sunday to check it out the race tho. I was just wondering if you had any more races planned this year? I was shooting to do the mountain man half triathlon in aug later this summer and could use a training partner if your interested. I do a mix of mtb and raod ridding and mostly trail running. I have also been looking for a pool to swim at, any suggestion? Well good luck this weekend and let me know if you interested in doing some training.

mtbr member
    Good to see some other Xterra people on the forum. I've done Deuces a couple times. It is a great race. Well organized, great group of people that put it on...

Sadly for me I won't be up there this year - just not in the cards for my schedule. I did the Western Championship in Vegas recently and really wish they would bring back the Xterra Xtreme Desert Tri out at Lake Saguaro. We really need more off road tri races in AZ. So mention that to the Xterra folks and the Deuces race director when you are up there! Have a great race.

Orange Yeti 575
    Quote Originally Posted by ericandrews
    I'm heading up to Show Low tomorrow for the Xterra Deuces Wild Triathlon. This will be my first Triathlon, getting pretty nervous. I was planning a trip to the area to train in the elevation a few weeks back but had to cancel it due to work. I know the elevation is going to kill me.

800 meter swim / 16 mile mt. bike / 5 mile trail run

I've been swimming and trail running for the last two months training for this, I'm hoping to post a time between 2:30 and 3:00 hours. There may be more triathlons in my future, should be a fun time.

Anyone else local racing?

Eric
    I've done it the last three years. It is a great race. You'll have a blast. I'm not doing it this year due to being injured but hope to do it again perhaps next year.

mtbr member
    good to see another tri-geek on the mtbr forum. I did the Xterra at Dueces 2 years ago and Nissin showed no mercy! I think the course is the same and if thats the case, the trail ride is fun and fast with only a few stops (trees down on the trail). I DO reccommend that you save a little juice for the trail run: lots of steep hills but do-able if you dont maxx out the bike portion. Im with the Phoenix tri club (there are alot of them going out there this weekend) and there are alot of mountain bikers in this club so if you want to hang with some tri-nerds check out www.phoenixtriathlonclub.org/. We have a meeting the first tuesday of each month. Good luck this weekend!

Members who have read this thread: 0