Anybody up for a T100 night ride on Thursday 4/1?- Mtbr.com
    Fragile - must be Italian

Anybody up for a T100 night ride on Thursday 4/1?

I am thinking of doing a T100 night ride tomorrow night in honor of April Fool's day. I am not in the mood for a hammer fest as I will be riding in the Tour de Phoenix on Saturday and want to save my legs. But I have changed a bunch of parts on my old hardtail and they are itching to be broken in, so I am definitely in the mood to tool around on the T100 for an hour or so to see if I can shake anything loose.

Is anybody else up for a ride?

Thx...Doug

MTBR Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by dgangi
    I am thinking of doing a T100 night ride tomorrow night in honor of April Fool's day. I am not in the mood for a hammer fest as I will be riding in the Tour de Phoenix on Saturday and want to save my legs. But I have changed a bunch of parts on my old hardtail and they are itching to be broken in, so I am definitely in the mood to tool around on the T100 for an hour or so to see if I can shake anything loose.

Is anybody else up for a ride?

Thx...Doug

What time Doug - just let me know and I'm there!

mtbr member
    You might want to postpone. I think T100 is closed tomorrow. From my understanding, they are doing a massive revegation project. I think somebody told me they are going to plant tulips along the entire trail from DD to tatum.

P.S. I hope one of those parts was an invisible rear derailluer.

Steep Hill

The entire T-100?

Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I think T100 is closed tomorrow. From my understanding, they are doing a massive revegation project. I think somebody told me they are going to plant tulips along the entire trail from DD to tatum.
    With its recent popularity, there is a project to make the GGG section a little more romantic.

J/K. I will join you tomorrow night if I have my bike back from the shop. Thanks,

AZClydesdale

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AZClydesdale
    With its recent popularity, there is a project to make the GGG section a little more romantic.
    AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Was just there yesterday and 'witnessed' the beginning of a courting ritual (backing the cars in and seperately walking back to GGG).

If I am feeling rich, I might head down to a bike store today, pick up a light and join ya. Anyone know where I can purchase a decent headlight (maybe even an HID) this afternoon?

Steep Hill

Ah, Spring - When love is in the air!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinturbo
    If I am feeling rich, I might head down to a bike store today, pick up a light and join ya. Anyone know where I can purchase a decent headlight (maybe even an HID) this afternoon?
    I can't make it tonight. I pick up my steed from Pinn Peak Cyclery, so I will ride closer to my house.

There are a couple choices to buy lights on the way to the 40th Street Ramada.

REI (Tatum and Cactus)
    Landis (Shea and Scottsdale)
    Bicycle Showcase (Shea and Scottsdale)

I bet Dan Barnes at Bicycle Showcase would beat any price from Landis or REI.

Good Luck.
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I bet Dan Barnes at Bicycle Showcase would beat any price from Landis or REI.

Good Luck.
    Yep, he usually does as thats where I purchased the Titus. However, he doesn't really have any stock of headlights, sooo, off to the other places.

wheeeee!!!
    Yep, he usually does as thats where I purchased the Titus. However, he doesn't really have any stock of headlights, sooo, off to the other places.
    buying a light tonight won't leave you with enough time to charge it, right?

just my 2cents.

Ouch, I am hot!

Snupergo

Quote Originally Posted by butocabra
    buying a light tonight won't leave you with enough time to charge it, right?

just my 2cents.
    I was told by the salesman at Supergo that my L&M was already charged when purchased. It indeed did have power when I tried it out, but I did not actually use it for a ride that day. It only takes a few hours at most to fully charge anyway. I would check out Supergo.

Supergo or REI

Jesus I hate to say this...but I've got ONE word for you...

SUPERGO

Yes, those slimy bastadges are the only shop in town that are sure to carry your HID *in stock* today. They are advertising the L&M Arc HID for $359. That's not a bad price.

You might also have luck at REI as they carry some quality lights. I was just there last night (PV store) picking up some GU and Clif bars, but I didn't check behind the glass case to see what lighting systems they have in stock.

Oh yea...I forgot. REI is having a 20% off sale on ANY "in stock regular priced" item. They also have the L&M HID, but at $409. However, the 20% off coupon gets you down to $320. That's a good deal!

If you hurry and get yourself a light this afternoon, it will be fully charge before tonight. Most HID's now have 3-hour chargers.

Thx...Doug

7pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Srexy
    What time Doug - just let me know and I'm there!
    How about 7PM? Any earlier and the sun is still out.

Is anybody else in?

My neighbor and I are both planning on riding tonight.

Now where should we meet...

We both live near 24th St and Shea, so if you wanted to meet at my house we could do that. Or we could meet over at the 40th St ramadas.

Thx...Doug

MTBR Tool

I'm in for 7 - 40th st ramadas Pls.

I'm in for 7pm tonight - can we do 40th st ramadas?

MTBR Tool

DAmnit - can't make it now :(

Sorry Doug et al - purchased new patio set and am assembling now. Would have still been able to make it but a certain wife left the ******* umbrella at Cost Plus necessitating another run

See you all next week...

Steep Hill

Rain? No Problem.....

But crashing lightning and a wall of falling water? That is a problem.

I was riding about 35 minutes before I had to sprint home. But it is great to have the rain in our ninth year of drought. Did Doug and company ride T-100 tonight? How was it out there?
    ** Obey gravity. It's the law. **

Spun for 1 hour

But crashing lightning and a wall of falling water? That is a problem.

I was riding about 35 minutes before I had to sprint home. But it is great to have the rain in our ninth year of drought. Did Doug and company ride T-100 tonight? How was it out there?
    That's the beauty of living within throwing distance of the T100 -- I can ride anytime without any fuss. I was about to go on a ride at 7PM from the house...and then WHAM. In came that rain you mentioned.

I went inside for about 45 minutes and got some work done. I figured I would wait for a little while to see if the storm would pass...and it did.

So at 7:45 I slapped the light on the old hartail and went on my 1-hour "Figure 8" loop, which is the following:

Start out on the T100 near Mountain View (right where they are building that big monstrosity of a house -- which pisses me off). I head South towards the 51 on the T100, and just before you go right to go under the horse tunnel (under the 51) you have the option to go straight. I go straight, which winds you around back north and you eventually hit the T100 again. I then head north on the T100, down the big hill that drops you into Cave Creek Road. And once again, just before getting to the horse tunnel you can make a right and head east (uphill) -- that's the T100A. I make that right, up the hill, and wind around the front of the 2 hills the T100 cuts behind. I eventually hit the T100 once again at the saddle (just where the T100 starts its descent down into CC Road)...and back on the T100 back to my house.

Anyway, sorry the weather messed up the plans tonight. But we really need the rain!

Thx...Doug

MTBR Tool

Curses on this damned rain!!! - j/k ;)

Well - just as I assembled the last of the new hardwood patio furniture and was looking forward to my first al fresco dinner thanks to Nigella Lawson and some fine gulf shrimp - the ******* heavens opened and doused not only the new furniture but also my freshly washed car (call me stupid - but I did check the weather channel before washing!)

Anyway - my only consolation was that I wasn't the moveable lightning conductor out on the Phx mtn preserve tonight - hope you had a good ride Doug. The beers are tasting good right about now!