Anybody up for a road ride Sat AM at 6:45 ?- Mtbr.com
    Got a suspension fork

Anybody up for a road ride Sat AM at 6:45 ?

Long shot on MTBR I know... but I'm looking for people for a road ride Saturday morning.

I am at 15th AVE and Northern (North Central Phoenix).

I invited TacoBeer and he may or may not be able to join.

Saturday morning I'm looking to do a 3 hour road bike ride starting at or near 6:45AM (no lights needed). No particular route in mind, I tend to normally road ride on the flats at around 18 - 21, I'm happy to go a little slower if needed but not sure I can go much faster.

Leave a note here or PM if you're interested.

Cheers.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Stuck in class Saturday otherwise I would be game. It would be nice to do some road rides somewhere than my regular route.

Got a suspension fork
    Quote Originally Posted by jvm051
    Stuck in class Saturday otherwise I would be game. It would be nice to do some road rides somewhere than my regular route.

next time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There is a group of us meeting at Red Mountain High School in Mesa on Brown Rd. to pre-ride the Tour de Phoenix route @ 6:45, if it's not too far out of your way.

Got a suspension fork
    Change of plans... ride off.

mtbr member
    Hey Randy! I know the ride is off, but there is an awesome group of people that ride from I17 and t-bird every Saturday morning called the bullshifters. The have two groups, one that is pretty fast and a B group. The people in the group are all really nice and not the normal roadie racer type group ride. This ride has been going on for many many years now and anywhere from 10-50 people show up...

Visit http://www.bullshifters.org/upcoming.html for more info!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    Hey Randy! I know the ride is off, but there is an awesome group of people that ride from I17 and t-bird every Saturday morning called the bullshifters. The have two groups, one that is pretty fast and a B group. The people in the group are all really nice and not the normal roadie racer type group ride. This ride has been going on for many many years now and anywhere from 10-50 people show up...

Visit http://www.bullshifters.org/upcoming.html for more info!!
    As a former westsider, I'll second the Bullshifters. Great group, and fun to ride with.

BTW, do they sill have the Wednesday night rides in Moon Valley? If so, Randy, if you have not done it yet, I'd recommend it. It's an asskicker.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    No, the Wed (and Thurs) moon valley rides have not been done for a couple of years.

There is a ride from the Swiss American shop every Tuesday night at 7:00 pm (lights required) that is super fun. 3 mile loop with very little traffic. Anywhere from 10-70 riders show up and the pace is whatever you want it to be... from super fast to just riding along. The loop is nice because if you get dropped from the group they will be back around and you can rejoin.

I have been doing the ride for about 5 years and I totally look forward to it every week... another super fun group of people and most of them are mountain bikers on road bikes!!

parenting for gnarness
    if you are jonesing for something on the road with good peeps and a casual pace, my buddy in the Dobson Ranch part of Mesa is hosting a "100 miles to nowhere ride" for cancer tomorrow. $40 donation gets matched 2x by his sponsers, beer and food included. not gonna be epic - 23 laps on a 4 mile course - but flat with no traffic lights and 8 ft bike land, and a good group of folks. It will be good base and fun, in a really dull way . starts at 7. pm me if you want more details.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamen00
    No, the Wed (and Thurs) moon valley rides have not been done for a couple of years.

There is a ride from the Swiss American shop every Tuesday night at 7:00 pm (lights required) that is super fun. 3 mile loop with very little traffic. Anywhere from 10-70 riders show up and the pace is whatever you want it to be... from super fast to just riding along. The loop is nice because if you get dropped from the group they will be back around and you can rejoin.

I have been doing the ride for about 5 years and I totally look forward to it every week... another super fun group of people and most of them are mountain bikers on road bikes!!
    That's too bad. That was a fun ride. I have literally been on my road bike twice since moving from the westside.

Not sure if they still do it, but there used to be a (I think) Sunday ride that left from the Landis/Bike Showcase parking lot that went up through Fountain Hills. Cholla, this would be right up your alley, and in your new neighborhood, if they still do it. Mega competitive, and DO NOT show up with a Camelbak or helmet visor, else you'll get dirty looks.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

mtbr member
    Yep, that ride is still going on... called the Procon weekly ride. I think they are leaving at 7:30 am Sunday mornings, however you can call that Landis shop for more info.

On Saturday morning the BOS ride leaves from the southwest corner of Shea and Scottsdale - in the bank parking lot. This one is pretty fast and is a total roadie ride - tons of elitist jerks and every roadie stereotype you can imagine (there are a few really nice guys too!!!) This ride leave I think at 7:30 this time of year.

Also, Sat mornings is the bike ranch ride from the Frank Lloyd Wright and 101 location. They have a couple of different groups, and normally about 50-100 people show up. Fun ride, but again a lot of elitist roadies (not as bad as BOS) and a good route. Only issue is this is a squirrly group and there are a lot of crashes, more than any other ride in the valley - so be careful and stay in the front!!

There is also the "Around the mountain" ride that goes around south mountain on sunday mornings... pretty fast, roadie ride, same story as bos and bike ranch...

Here is another place that has multiple group road rides: http://azbikeclub.com/weekrides.html

Man, there are tons of rides on this side of town every week!! You can totally get hooked on going on the group rides and meeting new people, doing different roues and everything. This time of year it is more fun to be on the MTN bike, but when summer hits... these rides are a blast!!

Members who have read this thread: 0