Anybody Commute this morning?- Mtbr.com
    In the rear with the beer

Anybody Commute this morning?

Anybody commute to work this morning...or this week? Was it cold or what?! I held off on leaving an extra hour in hopes it would warm up a little. Put 4 layers on......was considering a 5th....kinda looking forward to a nice warm, early AM, July commute. I actually did the ride (25 miles) in my fastest time yet trying to generate heat.

(I couldn't post this in the commuter forum b/c most of those dudes are riding in 30 degree weather so they would just call me a wuss....at least you guys may be understanding).
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling
    Anybody commute to work this morning...or this week? Was it cold or what?! I held off on leaving an extra hour in hopes it would warm up a little. Put 4 layers on......was considering a 5th....kinda looking forward to a nice warm, early AM, July commute. I actually did the ride (25 miles) in my fastest time yet trying to generate heat.

(I couldn't post this in the commuter forum b/c most of those dudes are riding in 30 degree weather so they would just call me a wuss....at least you guys may be understanding).
    man I bet the air was beautiful! good views to east with snow on the peaks? Was the river running - SRP was supposedly releasing flow.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

In the rear with the beer
    I didn't notice the river....was kinda pinning it to make up somewhat for the extra hour I sat at home....What I did notice was that the Scottsdale Greenbelt is still half submerged from the rain this weekend. I had to risk riding in traffic on Hayden for 8 miles, but that may actually also account for the extra speed I had this morning....has me a little nervous about the ride home, since I'm pretty sure that water isn't gonna drain by 6pm....and riding with cars at dusk really gets my HR up.....
    Salvation Outdoor
    "Take it Outside...Again!!!"

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdudecycling

I understand. Last week was perfect. This week? Brrrrrr. I just haven't been able to make myself do it. I might even bail on my usual Th night ride tonight.

Ridin bikes is fun
    Yeah, I noticed that it was a bit chilly when I was putting my equipment in my truck, but once I got on the 202 the heater kicked in and it was great from then on. Oh, did you mean like on a bike. A, well no in that case, I don't have a job like that. But that would be cool.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    I didn't commute in, but I'm commuting home, then probably out to pump track tonight.

It was chilly this morning and the heater in my van doesn't work right now (stupid fuse).

Riding back to the office from dropping off the van, it was still cold enough to wear a hoodie.

Tucson, AZ
    Yesterday the wash that I commute in had a thick layer of frost on the top, very nice to ride on since it was frozen. They said the low at 6:00 am (time when I leave my house) was 29 degrees. Some may laugh, but I wear my balclava for the first few miles of my 8-mile commute (of which 2 is next to/in the CDO wash).

Today was a bit warmer down here in Tucson during the commute. Even in that cold weather, I still only wear 2 layers with a windstopper jacket on top. I have found that keeping your digits warm is the key, especially the hands. A good pair of gloves is a must!