How much further ???

Any update on the catclaw situation on the Alamo and Reavis Canyon passages??

Just wondering how badly I'm going to get ripped to shreds during the Picketpost Punisher. Thanks.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Just saw this on the AES site

From your AZT Steward of 18b (Montana Mt. to Reavis Canyon TH at 650 crossing) and fellow mountain biker. I have been busy with brushing and catclaw killing and it is completed. I might of missed one or two, but overall the 6 miles should keep your legs catclaw free. At the top of Montana Mt. roughly about one mile down there is a big tree down. I currently have made a route around it till we can get it cut down with chainsaw or big saw. The lower you go on Montana Mt. the trail is a bit loose. Just keep your wits when going down the trail. When you get to the base of Montana Mt. be aware I did a reroute in May that was approved that no longer has patrons going thru the rock chute. Also, in the canyon before you get to Mud Spring Trough there is a tree across one of the crossings. I was not able to get it cut back at this time. You can get around it but be careful. Hope everyone enjoys the hard work that I put in, only took 3 Saturday’s, to get the 6 mile corridor free of vegetation.

Side note keep your eyes out in the Spring for I will need some helpers to work on Montana Mt on the benching, tread, and drainage. I would appreciate if I could have some AES riders come out and help. Plus, next year you will see Montana Mt. will have some switchback improvements too.
    Joe
    '18 Specialized Epic 29", Vassago Verhauen SS 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5", XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.