Any Trails Near The Colorado River?- Mtbr.com
    MEGALOMANIAC

Any Trails Near The Colorado River?

Last year, I asked if there was any trail riding out near Havasu and there was nill answers. How about near Needles, Laughlin, Lake Mohave, Parker???

Thanks!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    There is riding in havasu, SARA Park is the most obvious riding there but back in the hills out to crossman peak, over crossman and beyond there is plenty of dirt road, double track and obscure single track to ride. Take a friend or two and a map, very easy to get turned around, also very hot in the summer.

windrider

headwaters...

Phooey on this end of the Colorado. Go up to where it (literally) starts in Grand County Colorado and we will not be hearing from you for a while. Good luck with this end though.
    BRM

Big B's Trails
    Bootleg canyon is 15 min from the river... Kingman is sorta close... Laughlin has Christmas tree pass but I don't know of any singletrack there... I heard there's some in the hills between bullhead city and golden hills
    I dig dirt!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg
    Last year, I asked if there was any trail riding out near Havasu and there was nill answers.
    Thanks!
    they've spent the last 11 months building them per your request...

MEGALOMANIAC
    Thanks bobdole,

I've ridden SARA Park, looking for something alot longer to ride. I've also wondered around in the back hills around Crossman Peak, seemed a bit sandy for riding.

MEGALOMANIAC
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike
    they've spent the last 11 months building them per your request...
    Oh, thanks...at least people somewhere listen follow my commands...LOL!

Colo RiverRat

ST along the Riv

i gotta say that there are PLENTY of STs along the colorado river. i have been riding out there for 26 years now and truly love it, cause no one knows about it!!

i leave in 3 weeks for a month of riding. it is a perfect time of year to hang in the desert. literally 100s of miles of trails..........
    Klingon

Ride Hard, Die Free

Big B's Trails
    So enlighten us.... as to where?
    I dig dirt!

Colo RiverRat
    i think everyone has their "secret spots"... trails not documented, places no one has ever heard of. over the years my friends have given these trails out there names like THE MOON, Snakebite, Downhill-to-Deadhorse, SouthRd, and GintheePass. but they aren't published and we kinda like it that way. there are 1000's of well known killer trails in the western USA to keep everyone occupied, so i doubt anyone will ever miss our little bit of heaven.

can't wait to get back out there after Mar 9th. it is a great way to shake off the winter chill before heaing north to GooseberryMesa and Moab....
    Klingon

Ride Hard, Die Free

recovering roadie
    That looks like the kind of trail you could night ride without a light.

Quote Originally Posted by LowDesertRider
    i gotta say that there are PLENTY of STs along the colorado river. i have been riding out there for 26 years now and truly love it, cause no one knows about it!!

i leave in 3 weeks for a month of riding. it is a perfect time of year to hang in the desert. literally 100s of miles of trails..........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDesertRider
    i think everyone has their "secret spots"... trails not documented, places no one has ever heard of. over the years my friends have given these trails out there names like THE MOON, Snakebite, Downhill-to-Deadhorse, SouthRd, and GintheePass. but they aren't published and we kinda like it that way. there are 1000's of well known killer trails in the western USA to keep everyone occupied, so i doubt anyone will ever miss our little bit of heaven.
    Even if you coughed up the goods on how to find your secret stash I doubt that you would get deluged by icky hordes of unsavory mtn bikers looking to spoil your little bit of heaven.

Members who have read this thread: 1