Any suggestions for hotel/resort in Phoenix?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Any suggestions for hotel/resort in Phoenix?

My wife and I are going to come down from Prescott to escape the cold weather for a couple of days and ride our faces off. Anyone have suggestions for a good hotel/resort (hot tub and/or pool are a must) for under $100? We're going to be riding all over, so location is not a big deal.

Thanks!

-Will

Shred...it's the new drug
    send an email to [email protected]. we have a local hookup with a hotel at the base of SOMO with a hot tub/pool and free happy hour. one of the best/closest hotels to the trails!

mtbr member
    Just avoid the Tents at Chateau Arpaio. It's only $40 a day, but no hot tub (thankfully).
    Vassago Cycles, Shadetree Bikes, Flat Tire Bikes, Galfer Brakes USA

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Funny, cstem. Luckily I will be going with my wife, so it is highly likely that I will avoid arpaio's tents.

I'm really interested in this hotel, latedropbob.

So, SOMO is really the epicenter of MTB'ing in Phoenix. I'm excited to see the trails!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Basically, I'm itching to pull the trigger on a hotel so I can have it all lined up. Which hotel is it?

Edit: Too late. I pulled the trigger on priceline. Got a sheraton just northeast of SOMO for $70 (airport style hotel). Nothing special, but atleast it has a heated pool and hot tub. Booyah.
    Last edited by Wwaterman; 01-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    BTW, beware of the lodging and other taxes, they usually don't include them in the advertised rate, and they are pretty serious in Phoenix. I was shopping for a room for next weekend.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    No doubt. Thankfully this deal was $70 total, with taxes. Not bad for a regularly-priced $160 hotel. However, there is NOTHING nearby the Tempe Sheraton at the Airport (or whatever.. blah-blah). Looks like a nice heated pool and hot-tub, in addition to an outdoor fire place. I'll be bringing my own whiskey and beer, TYVM.

Now, we wait to introduce the Prescott yocal SS hardtail riders, such as ourselves, to SOMO. It'll be in the 70's, so I'll even if we do get lost riding CHUNK.

mtbr member
    You are just down the street from Boulders on Broadway which is a good place for a post-ride beer or 3. They have an indoor bike storage area which is always nice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sweet! Thanks, man. That's totally in riding distance from the hotel! Score!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Alright, I know this has been asked a million times on this forum, but: Can anyone recommend a few super-flowy loops for hardtail, SS riders from Prescott? Please include the TH that you start from. I want to hit the classics, but I'm not exactly sure which direction to do them.

Members who have read this thread: 0